Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

The good New 52 books are listed there already.

:iceburn:

But seriously, in addition to his recommendations near the top of the first page, I think Fansub might've meant indie stuff as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

AXE COP posted:

At the end of the last thread I asked about comics depicting superhero police forces. After reading through Top 10 again I realised what I was actually looking for was comics about superhero societies. Big cities crammed with costumed crusaders, governments stuffed with powered people, worlds run by the great and the good, stuff like that. Places where having powers is mundane.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with comics so the only other things I can think of that fit the bill are Top 10, The Authority, or the City of Heroes series that NCSoft commissioned. Can anyone recommend something else like these?

I'd potentially recommend Jupiter's Legacy if you're not averse to Mark Millar and picking up floppies of a limited series that's currently ongoing. Aside from commenting on current political issues in America, it's about the advent of superpowers, their effect on society, and the responsibility that comes with those powers. The best part, though, is that you can check out the first three issues for the same price as a most major comic books.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm also into con artists, politics, spies, conspiracies, assassins, terrorists, heists -- just stuff that adds a bit of the fantastical to reality rather than time-traveling robot demons.
You might want to check out Ales Kot's Zero to see if it interests you.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Bazanga posted:

I really like the strange/bizarre scifi world that feels like it was inspired by 80s-era Heavy Metal and a poo poo ton of acid.
The other recommendations are all great sci-fi, but for this, you probably want to track down Black Mask Studios' limited series Space Riders. It's on Comixology if you're digital.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I'm contemplating working on filling out one of my "mega-run" collections since Marvel has a BOGO sale and need some advice. If you could only get one (or part of one) of these bundles, which would you recommend?
  • The Back Half of Brubaker's Captain America
    • Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier
    • Captain America (2011-2012)
    • Winter Soldier #1-14
    • Miscellanea

• Pre-Avengers Hickman
    • Relevant Dark Reign stuff
    • Hickman Fantastic Four
    • FF
    • Maybe some Avengers World