Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Since Guardians of the Galaxy is coming out in a week or so, I want to catch up on some history since I don't know anything about them. Can someone please make a chronological list of GotG stuff that I need to read to catch up? I prefer omnibuses or OSHCs. The only thing I was able to find which wasn't a TPB was

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785190643/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1LGWH9C2BYR8W&coliid=I27CVX8TA0KR8Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

frenchnewwave posted:

So if you were brand new to comics and wanted something that features awesome female characters who are more than just T&A, would you go for... Buffy? X-Men? Something else?

On another note. If I just wanted something to read with a bunch of T&A, hopefully with a good story what would I aim for?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

So I'm reading Saga (volume 1 HC) and it's amazing. Does Vaughan have a planned ending for this?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm surprised that Fables is still chugging along.

Speaking of chugging along, is there an "ending" or a planning conclusion for any of Kirkman's books? Walking dead or Invincible?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I was going to suggest Fatale.

Man I just finished up the first volume of Fatale, can't wait for the second one to come out.

Anyway, has anyone read Deadpool by Joe Kelly? I'm about 9 issues through the omnibus and this poo poo is terrible. It's too 90s for me. Does it get any better?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do you mean the nice big hardcovers? Because the whole series is over and collected in five TPBs.

Yeah. Hardcovers are nice.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Never heard of Private Eye by Vaughan, thinking about picking up the deluxe edition. Any good? Is it a complete run or still on going?

Also wondering about the I, Zombie omnibus by Roberson. Learned to love the art from X-Statix, the omnibus any good? Apparently it's also a TV show, but I've never heard of it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone read "Revival"? The book any good? The premise seemed cool through the Amazon review, but I'm about 5 issues in and I'm feeling kinda "meh" about the whole thing.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Hey guys. I'm reading through the Multiversity HC and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on. Granted that I'm not too far into it (Pax Americana, Watchmen throw back), but from what I gathered, it is a bunch of on shots, that *sort* of tie into the first issue which is the cursed comic book? I'm assuming that all the one shots are alternate universes in the DC world? Is all of this going to tie in together at the end?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm reading through the guidebook now. Out of the 52 worlds, which ones are "real" comic book lines?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How come there is a Daredevil 1-10 by Waid then there is another Daredevil 1-10 by Waid.

http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Mark-Waid-Vol-1/dp/0785168060/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458787839&sr=8-1&keywords=daredevil+waid

and

http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Mark-Waid-Chris-Samnee/dp/0785195343/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NHENB2S3APJ2TDTTYX3

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Cause Marv loving loves to relaunch a comic.

Who the gently caress is Marv and why would he relaunch a comic before the first one is finish?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Marvel, and they didn't. Daredevil ended at uhhhhh #24 or something?, they did a short mini-series (digital-only?) of him moving to San Francisco, then Daredevil relaunched at #1 and a new artist. It's really all the same series and the hardcovers/trades are numbered as such.

Ugh. That's probably why I didn't see it. I only purchased the HCs.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I love Brubaker, but aside from the fantastic prison arc, his Daredevil run really wallowed in misery and suffering, even more than most of his other works.

Someone once said in this thread, that his real super power was simply not taking a gun a blowing his brains it when everything was happening.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I want to read Batman: Endgame. I haven't read anything up to that part (as I haven't read any Batman in a long time), what's the reading order that I need to read to get caught up? Or does this do the job? What is this Court of Owls / Death of the Family gig?

Edit: Does this cover it all?

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 10, 2016

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Thanks for the replies guys. I realized I don't remember much from the Morrison run as I was reading them when they were released in HC. I read Batman & Robin volume 1, 2 and 3 (Morrison).

I'm going to pick up the following...

Court of Owls (1)
Night of the Owls***
City of Owls (2)
Death of the Family (3)
Zero Year - Secret City (4)
Zero Year - Dark City (5)
Graveyard Shift (6)
Endgame (7)

Uh, is Batman Incorporated different than Batman Incorporated volume 1?

Batman Incorporated volume 1
Batman Incorporated volume 2

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

There were two Batman Inc series pre and during the New52, both by Morrison. The first series has one volume, the second has three.
The N52 series is the conclusion of his Batman saga.

Sorry... what? So I'm missing one volume? Volume 3?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Thanks! I'm really excited to jump back into some Batman.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Check out this slipcase for Batman. First three volumes of what I needed.

Edit: Ugh, it's gonna look so annoying on my bookcase if it doesn't match with the rest.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 11, 2016

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Cactus Jack posted:

I got that exact set in on Friday and this is what they look like:

I wonder if there is going to be another set.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Picked up The Fade Out. I really like the whole Brubaker and Philips combo.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Apparently, the War of Kings Omnibus isn't is chronological order. Is there a good one out there cause I can't seem to find one.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

So. I read probably 2-4 volumes of Hellboy and I didn't like it. I want to give it another try since so many people like it.

What is the best way to read this? I assume the library editions?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is the movie Logan based on anything?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Manhattan Projects? (It sucks though but a lot of people seem to like it.)

The Manhattan Projects is pretty good. Although there are too many characters and it gets a bit jumbled up. Also doesn't help that the HC books comes out once every 2 years it seems.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Saw Logan yesterday. Loved it. Realized that I haven't read much of Wolverine in general. I've read, Old Man Logan, Wolverine by Aaron and Wolverine and the X-Men by Aaron. Any other suggestions for some good kinda self contained Wolverine?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Seems the omnibus is OOP.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/UNCANNY-X-FORCE-BY-REMENDER-COMP-COLL-TP-VOL-01/MAY140943
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/UNCANNY-X-FORCE-BY-REMENDER-COMP-COLL-TP-VOL-02/SEP140938

Does this collect the run?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Never read Locke and Key, should I pick up the slip case TP or the 3 OSHC?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I don't know if Chew gets a lot of love here or not, but the last omnibus just came out on IST. Picked it up, I hope it's a good finish, I enjoyed it a lot.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Finally collected Geoff's three omnibuses for Green Lantern. Just wondering was there something else I needed to pick up before I jump in.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

drat. What is that? Another three omnibuses for the Flash?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Uthor posted:

Any recent or limited Image series one should check out? I read most of the popular ones from a few years ago (Saga, Bitch Planet, Sex Criminals, Deadly Class, etc), but I haven't started anything knew from them in a while and don't know if I've missed something important/popular/buzzworthy/etc. I think Paper Girls is the most recent series I read.

How's Snotgirl? (edit, gently caress it, bought it)

I liked East of West. Can't tell if it's gonna pay off at the end, too many stories going on. A few of the things are very vague too.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is the Crime Noir Omnibus by Brubaker any good?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Man I love the art. I'm a real sucker for art like that.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Vision HC is out. I hear nothing but good things about it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is Thor by Aaron any good? I'm a sucker for the HCs since they're so easy to read. Is there an Omnibus of it coming out?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

JordanKai posted:

It's incredibly good. One of the best things Marvel is publishing at the moment. No word on an omnibus coming out in the near future, though.

Apparently Aaron has written with artists Ribic and Dauterman? Which series Am I going with 2014 or 2015? There seems to be two series of Thor from what I can tell...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I've been eyeing Moon Knight By Brian Michael Bendis, any good?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Harley Quinn & The Gotham City Sirens Omnibus any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way I can see what's coming out in terms of TPs, omnibuses and HCs? I don't read floppies. Seems like all the release dates I've found are for floppies.