Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
I'm sorry I can't name the specific issue number but it's from Starman's Grand Guignol arc. Does anyone have a scan of the bit where Culp is rattling off his crimes to The Shade finishing with something like 'and your precious Jay Garrick thinks you're a right tosser' and the Shade loses it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I remember an issue where Mojo needed some exciting footage so he decided to spy on the X-Men and broadcast their latest wacky adventure but they were just hanging out at the school playing basketball and poo poo and Wolverine was in the kitchen cutting up celery or something with one claw. Damned if I can remember which issue that was ....

Anyone know this one?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Bravo posted:

Anyone know this one?

Marvel Comics Presents, Vol 1 # 89. Written by Dan Slott, art by Joe Madureira.
It's a classic, that other guy is a chump for not knowing the issue number.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 25, 2014

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I can't remember where I sat this pic, but I'd swear I saw it in BSS. It's a woman soldier with a thousand yard stare surrounded/covered/standing in blood and shell casings(?) with a grim reaper made of guns and ammo hovering over her shoulder; the phrase (I think) "La Muerte" is above them.

The irritating thing is I swear to god I saved it but I can't find the drat picture on my hdd.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
There's an image I've seen a few times here and there, from what looks to be sort of the mid-80's Marvel "house style" (kind of a Terry Shoemaker-ish Simonson pastiche maybe?), in which a bunch of executive types are sitting in front of a big grid of mutants trying to select one for some purpose or other. It's got most of the big X-characters of the period and a few other folks, each one dismissed as "too strong," "too weak," "too ugly," and things along those lines.

For whatever reason I'd always assumed it was from X-Factor, that being the 80's X-title I'm least familiar with, but I've been reading that run this summer and haven't seen the image in question. I'm almost up to X-Tinction Agenda and this image really seemed to be part of an ongoing subplot, so if it were going to pop up I feel like it would have already. Does anybody know the scene I'm talking about, and where it's from?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

LordPants posted:

Can someone post "Roll for a social life" from Uncanny Avengers Annual #1

Toshimo posted:

Request: Wolverine Vol 2 #51 - Wolverine is in the Danger Room fighting a bunch of villains with a VR helmet as Cyclops describes the mental readings from the helmet.

Wasn't sure if there was a specific bit you wanted, there are a couple of pages before this when he first puts the suit on.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Good to know the X-Men have the brain-wave patterns "of a berserker killer ape" on file for comparison.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thank you very much :)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ror posted:

Wasn't sure if there was a specific bit you wanted, there are a couple of pages before this when he first puts the suit on.

That's perfect. Thanks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Does anyone have Hawkeye 19 page 20?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, Hawkguy. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ror posted:

Oh, Hawkguy. :allears:

I must have the page wrong. It's the one where they are going we

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

There were one or two pages where you see an alternate life for Captain America, what would have happened to him if he never got frozen. He becomes an astronaut and then a bitter, forgotten man or something. I think this was during the House of M stuff. Can someone please post these?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

I must have the page wrong. It's the one where they are going we

Ha, I actually started to ask for clarification because I never count comic pages properly, but then I just figured the last page would be what someone would want.

Here ya go:

edit:

BioTech posted:

There were one or two pages where you see an alternate life for Captain America, what would have happened to him if he never got frozen. He becomes an astronaut and then a bitter, forgotten man or something. I think this was during the House of M stuff. Can someone please post these?

This one is more than a few pages, the entire issue #10 in Brubaker's run is the House of M crossover that details his alternate life.

Here's the cover, the moon landing, and the last page though.

Ror fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 1, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
From Hawkeye #19 could I get the page before that where Clint is doing his "They won't stop, I will stop them" speech?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

This one?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Ror posted:

This one?

Much appreciated!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Not sure if it's already been requested, but does anyone have the page from the Spider-Man comics where the author/artist deliberately addressed how a supporting characters injury healed really fast between panels/issues? I remember the page ended with Tony Stark and Peter Parker semi-breaking the fourth wall to call out the people who got upset about it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Not sure if it's already been requested, but does anyone have the page from the Spider-Man comics where the author/artist deliberately addressed how a supporting characters injury healed really fast between panels/issues? I remember the page ended with Tony Stark and Peter Parker semi-breaking the fourth wall to call out the people who got upset about it.

Not sure the issue but it was JMS

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Anyone got the 'fixed' version of this? The story is that the colorist apparently drew in the eyes, and there was a new print version where they 'fixed' these awful eyes?

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Anyone got the 'fixed' version of this? The story is that the colorist apparently drew in the eyes, and there was a new print version where they 'fixed' these awful eyes?

The eyes were the problem? I always thought it was his gigantic teeth that make him look sub-human.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The 'fixed' version isn't a paragon of comic art or anything, but it is pretty shocking how much a colorist can gently caress with the linework of an image.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ror posted:

The 'fixed' version isn't a paragon of comic art or anything, but it is pretty shocking how much a colorist can gently caress with the linework of an image.

A bad colorist can make Jack Kirby art look like crap. And the big two seem to consider colorists the least important part of the art team and tend to assign whoever to do it if they need a fill-in.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Romeo Rose is Batman!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Does anyone have a scan of Reed Richard's pitch to the Illuminati in New Avengers, and the inverse speech given by Superman homage Sun God that came later? I remember Reed's speech was all about the inevitability of death while Sun God's was an affirmation of life?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

Does anyone have a scan of Reed Richard's pitch to the Illuminati in New Avengers, and the inverse speech given by Superman homage Sun God that came later? I remember Reed's speech was all about the inevitability of death while Sun God's was an affirmation of life?

------------------------------------

(42+9+1=...)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 2, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

(42+9+1=...)

:aaaaa:

holy poo poo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TwoPair posted:

:aaaaa:

holy poo poo

:whoa: :keanu:

(I love this kind of thing way more than is healthy. :neckbeard:)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Magneto has a bunch of bullshit powers listed on wikipedia. Wormhole creation might be his most bullshit next to reading dreams. Anyone have a pic of those?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Junkie Disease posted:

Magneto has a bunch of bullshit powers listed on wikipedia. Wormhole creation might be his most bullshit next to reading dreams. Anyone have a pic of those?

I think an episode of House used an MRI to read someone's dreams, seems legit to me.

PaulDirac
Aug 15, 2014
Im looking for the title of a comic I read about 8 years ago.

What I remember:
- Its about 2 detectives, 1 very short dude with brown hair and 1 average length dude with black hair
- The story plays in NYC
- The Issue I read was about the short guy being suspected of being a cannibal but eventually they clear his name
- I think that the detectives might be called something like black/white ...but not entirely sure

Hope this isnt too vague

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

PaulDirac posted:

Im looking for the title of a comic I read about 8 years ago.

What I remember:
- Its about 2 detectives, 1 very short dude with brown hair and 1 average length dude with black hair
- The story plays in NYC
- The Issue I read was about the short guy being suspected of being a cannibal but eventually they clear his name
- I think that the detectives might be called something like black/white ...but not entirely sure

Hope this isnt too vague

Sam and Twitch. They were supporting characters from Spawn who got their own book.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Sam and Twitch. They were supporting characters from Spawn who got their own book.

Any
One have a picture of McFarland's reaction when Gaiman won his lawsuit over Sam,Twitch, and Angela?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
There's a panel from some X-men comic where I think Storm is talking about something tangentially related to evolution or natural selection, and Wolverine pops his claws and goes "and what about those of us who don't believe in evolution, huh?" Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Kellsterik posted:

There's a panel from some X-men comic where I think Storm is talking about something tangentially related to evolution or natural selection, and Wolverine pops his claws and goes "and what about those of us who don't believe in evolution, huh?" Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Jeph Loeb's Wolverine #53

(cropped down)

I remember because "Wolverine, Christian fundamentalist" will always be a brilliant idea that should have been explored more. You know why it's called the theory of evolution, bub?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I do not care for that lettering one bit.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Junkie Disease posted:

I found this one too, there might be a couple more uses of it but the big moment was that he uses it to bring Wanda to Genosha post-Disassembled and pre-HoM. I only had to wade through a "Magento vs. Emperor Palpatine" internet fantasy battle to confirm the issue number.

Claremont's Excalibur #8

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Ror posted:

I found this one too, there might be a couple more uses of it but the big moment was that he uses it to bring Wanda to Genosha post-Disassembled and pre-HoM. I only had to wade through a "Magento vs. Emperor Palpatine" internet fantasy battle to confirm the issue number.

Claremont's Excalibur #8

Did they ever catch the writer and artist that did that issue?
"DADEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

Not his 'magnetic personality' that he uses to mind control the Worthingtons at one point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Junkie Disease posted:

Did they ever catch the writer and artist that did that issue?
"DADEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Well, they keep employing the writer, if nothing else.

• Locked thread