Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DigitalRaven posted:

I’m really enjoying Jason Aaron’s stories from Marvel prehistory. Including the first Starbrand, who was a Kree-fighting T Rex.

Avengers (2018) #28

Holy poo poo. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The Kree civilization is so ancient they got their asses kicked by dinosaurs way back when. Or maybe THEY are the ones who made the dinosaurs go extinct?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Ok, that is a loving awesome 2 page spread.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

prefect posted:

Holy poo poo. :black101:

Aaron keeping to his 'would this look sick painted on the side of a van' writing philosophy, I see.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Something about the way it's drawn makes the rex look like it's pasted in from something else, it's it just me?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Aaron keeping to his 'would this look sick painted on the side of a van' writing philosophy, I see.

He's the best van painting writer in the biz.

From Avengers #13.
The first Iron Fist encounters a familiar visitor.

(Words: Aaron. Art: Sorrentino, Ponsor and Arciniega. Letterer: Petit).

Vincent fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 28, 2020

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Vincent posted:

From Avengers #13.

Yeah, you messed up. Should be "Words: Rock".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Something about the way it's drawn makes the rex look like it's pasted in from something else, it's it just me?

I think it's where it's standing. The terrain doesn't quite flow.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Vincent posted:

From Avengers #13.

Well, that's rude. Asking for something and dismissing the answer.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well, that's rude. Asking for something and dismissing the answer.

I mean, that was "The Rock"s schtick. He'd ask you a question and interrupt with ": IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also by this point any Satan that quotes the Stones should be exploded, promptly, out of principle

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phy posted:

Also by this point any Satan that quotes the Stones should be exploded, promptly, out of principle

That's the stone age so technically the Stones are quoting him. This takes place at least a couple years before Keith is even born

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
How do they know what being drunk is in the stone age

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fermentation happens naturally a lot

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

How do they know what being drunk is in the stone age

Booze is hella old.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Synthbuttrange posted:

fermentation happens naturally a lot

Hell, one of the old legends has it that Drunken Monkey Boxing was invented when a master was meditating and watched monkeys stumble about after eating naturally fermented fruit that has fallen from a tree.

Plus, the Hyborean Age has been an actual part of Marvel History since at least the 80s so there's plenty of advanced Stone Age era civilizations running around.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

also if the picture at the top of the page is accurate, even dinosaurs have been getting drunk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

also if the picture at the top of the page is accurate, even dinosaurs have been getting drunk.

alcohol comes from bacteria, bacteria predates dinosaurs

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

alcohol comes from bacteria, bacteria predates dinosaurs

Unlike DNA, alcohol is a really simple set of molecules and can be produced without any kind of living organisms. It predates bacteria.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

But before living organisms, alcohol couldn't have been drunk! Millions of years where ethanol was simply sloshing about, not being imbibed. Lack of foresight from that molecule, imho.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
It has, in fact, been found in comet trails. About the most abiotic environment you can find.
ref: https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/9/e1500863

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving comets getting drunk on their own supply

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Lovejoy is getting blackout drunk so it doesn't have to remember the next 13,914 years

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Daredevil #20: No context needed. Daredevil vs. a bunch of bad guys with the city going to poo poo all around.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
that's awesome, I had to go back and review a couple of times to figure out exactly what happened but that's fine, everything is there. one of those sequences that rewards repeat viewing, there's not enough of that kind of stuff.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I love the part about the guy who never misses being predictable. :clint:

Shame he didn't get to drop Bullseye off a roof at the end, though. That guy sucks.

(Cool version with the words removed, so it's more like Bullseye's perspective: http://notahoaxnotadream.blogspot.com/2017/08/daredevil-191.html)

prefect fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 13, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That Bullseye costume is not flattering.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Yeah, it's like he raided Havok's reject pile.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was wondering if that was even supposed to be the real Bullseye, because it's usually a full mask.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look Rhino is strong enough that Daredevil shouldn't have been able to take him off his feet like that, furthermore

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Look Rhino is strong enough that Daredevil shouldn't have been able to take him off his feet like that, furthermore

Honestly, anyone who regularly gives Spider-Man problems shouldn't be that easy for Daredevil to deal with, though I'll accept the "choking him half to death" thing because that's absolutely something Daredevil would do when Spider-Man wouldn't.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm glad that sequence got posted because I've been a little unclear on it since Wednesday. Am I missing something from this sequence of events?:

1) DD grabs a knife from Crossbones' pouch
2) He snaps the blade off by cracking it against a car
3) He shoves the hilt down Rhyno's throat to make him pass out
4) He runs back over before Rhyno suffers brain-damage to... coax it out using his billy club?

I'm really only unclear now on the last step (what's he doing with his club?) but the rest did take me a few tries. I like the sequence a lot though-- it's a good demonstration of DD juggling a lot of opponents and controlling the field in a way where it really does feel like he's a few steps ahead of not only his enemies but also the reader.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

along the way he deflects some bullets that Bullseye fired and redirects them to hit Crossbones. also I'm OK with him having to use a pry bar to get a hard object out of super tough guy's throat.

e: also he helpfully marks the knife for the reader before he grabs it, so while I missed that the first time, that's 100% on me, not the artist.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think he's using the club to pry/prop open Rhyno's mouth so he can reach in with the other hand to yank the knife out

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

See this is why old comics always had some off-panel rear end in a top hat describing what's going on.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Pretty sure he used Bullseye's second shot to break the knife blade off. Bullseye fires twice, after all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Daredevil is definitely not above clotheslining some comic book geek by the throat.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

jng2058 posted:

Pretty sure he used Bullseye's second shot to break the knife blade off. Bullseye fires twice, after all.

Yeah in retrospect I agree with this, he wouldn't ignore that bullet and the knife movement doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Push El Burrito posted:

does anyone here have any interest in figuring out how much force would be generated by a 180-220 pound man launching a choke with a nigh-unbreakable cord at someone who is charging him that probably weighs between 800 pounds and a ton and a half and is moving between 40-50 mph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Lobok posted:

Daredevil is definitely not above clotheslining some comic book geek by the throat.

I stand by my post!