Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

It's like Thor walked into a meeting of the People with Awesome Hammers Club and declared himself their king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Vincent posted:

Does the female Mojo (the teacher from the hellfire academy) in Wolverine and the X-men count?

I thought she was just another Spineless One, not an alternate version of Mojo. Mojo isn't the only member of his species.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Reed Richards: You see his plan was to pretend to be a huge planet eating Force Nature and to scare the inhabitants of the world away.

Old Man Jenkins: At which point I would have been able to sell on the planet for a fortune.
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you meddling humans and your Dog too.

(Lockjaw looks at the camera and winks.)

Lockjaw Snax don't really have the same marketing appeal.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

As someone who isn't reading that illuminati series, is it as grim and gritty as the panels would make it seem?

New Avengers is pretty much about incursions and how the only way to save two entire universes is to destroy one of the two earths that are going to collide, so yeah, pretty grim.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

He has to abstain from all votes, though. Courteously.

This is not a thread I expected to see a 1776 reference in.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Awesome Andy posted:

His visors are connected to a sensor in his gloves, it's in the first episode of the 90s cartoon.

It's also in like issue 2 or 3 of the original X-Men comics.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

The dudes in capes normally don't kill people as a side effect of their day to day fights. While this is a writing convention and a handwave, it's well-established. Superman et al aren't generally killing people as a side effect- and when that does happen, it's a huge deal.

In fact, that was the thing that started Marvel's Civil War storyline- for once, a bunch of people died in a super powered fight, and suddenly people started thinking it'd be better if super heroes were registered (for accountability) and trained (to make it happening again less likely). That somehow turned into "everyone with powers, even if they're not using them to fight and have no intention of doing so, gets drafted into a super powered National Guard," but it started out as a look at what happens if superheroes cause more than just property damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

My personal favorite Hank Pym moment

I also enjoy how he finally gets it away from Reed: