Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

After, but it's nothing like Blackest Night and it' snot exactly a unique concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Three

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

VagueRant posted:

Between that, Man of Steel and that one Wonder Woman page I saw floating around a good while ago...Comic books REALLY like the neck snap as the dramatic way to kill someone. I guess it's just bloodless and so easier for them to get by on it.

But it's weird how it always insta-kills and never leaves anyone paralysed but still alive. Just sayin'.

It can.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unless you're Steve Rogers, your superhero origin is going to include "used to be an rear end in a top hat"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey, 16 year old, it's all good. I have no defense for the myspace thing though :smith:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boogaleeboo posted:

I have problems pretending Thor isn't a joke in the face of truly cosmic threats. Dude eats planets, you are a pissant God of a religion that died out the second it made serious contact with the outside world. You don't rate, stop pretending you are cool.

This is an older Thor suped up with the Odinpower and now a weapon that' skilled thousands of gods. Read God of Thunder,

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

When did Hyperion show up in marvel?

Last I remember him was some weird sorta ultimates reboot where he xrayed a stripper and blew a big loving dent in the artic because he didn't want anyone messing with him.

This is a different one. He shows up in Hickman's Avengers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is only making me want Marvel to do an Elseworlds type thing featuring the Great Society even more.

Is it bad that I'd rather see the Justice League done by Marvel than the actual Justice League at this point

It just means that you want to read Supreme Power and that is a fine choice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The JMS one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Say Nothing posted:

I was going to use this Rat Queens panel as an avatar, but it's difficult to read the text when it's shrunk down.

Clone over the bubble and use it for the text underneath

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GrandpaPants posted:

Can someone post the Martian Manhunter doing something badass since every time I see him in anything, whether a panel thread or the JLA cartoon, he's just getting his rear end handed to him despite being as strong as Superman but with telepathy, shapeshifting, and incorporeality (albeit with a much more common weakness).

From somewhere in Blackest Night

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I didn't know much about DC when I first read it and I'd say the only confusing part was Shazam. Everyone else is explained pretty well in context.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is that Osborn? Because if it is I don't think shooting him in the head's going to do any good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Guys like Vulture and Osborn have the Marvel quality of their "powers" being incidental, and their real powers being something more innate. Vulture may not be the worst guy to be against in a fist fight but he's extremely smart and crafty and one hell of an engineer.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat, knee right to the boob.

Only thing missing is a KRAKOOM or something. PG ain't a lightweight.

Somebody get Pak and Van Lente on it. KRAKABOOB!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

She's part of the Greek pantheon, she's just happy to receive the gift of battle!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Afterlife with Archie was legit good, and didn't go for cheap shocks like the Marvel zombie stuff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Terrific is from Earth 1, don't know about anyone else

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dammit Who? posted:

The Human Torch doesn't even get near the Planck temperature. Reed Richards lies all the time about this kind of thing, because he's an rear end in a top hat who thinks it's funny. Even people technically qualified to call him out on this don't do it because they're afraid of looking ridiculous by accusing Dr. Richards of the Fantastic Four of making an undergraduate error.

If someone called him out on it Reed would just alter the laws of physics to lower the Planck temperature

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cassa posted:

How did The Thing never try that?

He kept punching in different spots. Totally different thing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone post the entirety of Incredible Hercules

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

smashpro1 posted:

Django/Zorro #1

Well there're two words I didn't expect to see today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm reading Moore's Swamp Thing right now and I made me think of you guys

Batman gets in one good sucker punch, then has his rear end handed to him and convinces the mayor to surrender to Swampy's demands

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Something something unstable molecules

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

squirrelzipper posted:

Yeah that's badass. Gonna have to pick those up. I last read Thor up to the point he defeated the sword of God killing, which was awesome. Looks like I have more to find (in Avengers books doh)

Excuse me, I believe you mean :black101:ALL-BLACK, THE NECROSWORD:black101:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Certainly not, but it can explain things like not understanding why people are disturbed by one's stated enthusiasm for violent retribution.

That excuses it once, not enough to gain a reputation for it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They're pretty much all homages to the same things, so that makes sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Choco1980 posted:

That was a timey wimey bull that was immediately undone. However, there was a different JLU episode that was basically the finale to BB that they never got to make that not only tied into JLU's plot heavily, but BB's as well, and revealed...things about the show.

Well whatever you do, don't tell us about them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

prefect posted:

I may be misremembering, but didn't Earth X Reed stretch his brain so that he could use Professor X-style telepathy?

Kind of, he needed to use cerebro so he re shaped his brain to be more like Xavier's

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sigma-X posted:

I love how defeated Lex breaks the panel on the bottom.

Superman is dumb though and Superman punching people to solve problems is the most dumb, especially while talking about how brains beat brawns. Unless you've got BR AI N S on your knuckles there boyscout you just laid out a dude with your brawn.

You should actually read the book, this is out of context

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Poor thing is dragging a trail of bloody urine :(

Poor guy's got a stone kidney

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Norns posted:

You folks really talk about rape a lot in here.

I just want to look at cool pictures.

Whoa, this guy wants to look at cool pictures of rape, what a sicko

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A big part of MAX is how absolutely, fundamentally broken Frank is. Ennis doesn't glorify or white wash him at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh ok, I only read the non-cape stuff, didn't know there was another series

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Travis343 posted:

DC comics : it's about arm reduction

:pusheen:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

I was just going to post that it's the opposite of my jam and turns me off from giving this book a shot. :shrug:

I think we all just assume you're not going to like whatever's posted, you don't really need to voice it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alberta's as close to the deep south as Canada gets.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flosofl posted:

How are you getting "Deep South" from that? I'm hearing it in northern Minnesota accent, which I imagine is close to the Canadian they're aiming for. (I've had more exposure to Minnesotans than I have Canadians).

Gettin' hit by the Hulk hurts, dontcha know?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That War Machine run is on Unlimited FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They turned it into a mutation in X3 but that was it.

I guess he kind of was in Ultimate Xmen too