Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Uthor posted:

You don't need a laser for that, just a poo poo load of dynamite and a hatred toward NASA.

(from somewhere in Preacher. I'd get an issue number and more pages, but random Google searches on my phone are making that difficult.)

Issue #39. Here's the whole sequence, which is pretty badass, in a way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Nice to see Boss Smiley early in his career.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Did that ever get followed up on further?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Is this some reboot? I stopped bothering with the authority after they went through a long post-apoc arc, had a heartwarming midnighter/apollo moment, got a new writer on the next issue and Midnighter immediately punched out a harmless old man civilian for mouthing off.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Well, looks like I've got some readin' to do.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Sometimes I remember that I need to read Mouse Guard already.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Breetai posted:

Leaving your mentally disabled and paralysed brother who you crippled as a kid to slowly starve to death is a bit of a dick move, tho.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

I just turned my butt into a pile of McNuggets. Watch out, world.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

So I recently reread God of Thunder and.. I'm kind of curious to keep reading. What in the name of poo poo do I read now? This is a very confusing run to follow along with.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Thor: God of Thunder
Original Sin
Original Sin: Thor & Loki (this is also listed as Original Sin #5.1-5.5, so I have no idea how it would be listed in Marvel Unlimited if that's what you're reading)
Thor
Secret Wars: Thors
The Mighty Thor (The Unworthy Thor fits in here somewhere, too)

Cheerio.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

I mean to be fair, every other character in the comic is a loving AI.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

How in the gently caress do you go back to working for a living after you've ruled hell.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Getting some strong Necropolis vibes from that sequence. loving bandits.

Context: Girl has just gotten a new sword. She's told that as long as she holds that sword, no other blade can touch her.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

It's a bit uneven, but it does have some rad moments and Stokoe, so why not.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

I unironically liked Black Summer/Supergod/No Hero. Nothing quite like Ellis ranting about superheroes amidst some of the old ultraviolence.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

His lack of punch beam control is just a psychological thing, isn't it? Maybe if he ever stopped to think about how poo poo his shades are compared to his visor he'd annihilate everything in his peripheral vision.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

I picked up Concrete because of this, it's stellar. Thanks.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

They sort of touch on that, they're trying to figure out how to deal with "mutant wills" where people want to be resurrected with differences from their old bodies. What if somebody wants to come back with Magneto's powers? What if somebody schlubby wants to come back with a real hot Havok bod? What if a Morlock wants to lose their conspicuous Morlock features? The issue has been kicked up ahead for now (and I think it raises issues about gender identity too that I am not 100% I trust Marvel with) but it has been raised.

I don't really keep up with X-stuff but "let's canonize resurrection and ask tricky questions" sounds rad. Is this worth picking up and if so, where should I start?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Merci

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Excellent start to the page.

Rhaka fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 25, 2020

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Drakyn posted:

Edit an image of a large hamburger into this post and it'll get even better.

When you're right, you're right.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Every week Xavier changes the language spoken throughout the entire school to amuse himself. Nobody has noticed yet. Right now they're all speaking Flemish.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Thaddius the Large posted:

Don’t be absurd! Nobody speaks Flemish, it’s just an ongoing practical joke on the French

As a native Dutch speaker, agreed.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

If we'd like to get some good old Sapir-Whorf hypothesis up in this, how badly are the psychics messing up people with their language implants?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Black and white stuff? Let's do black and white stuff. Concrete v03 - Fragile Creature

Concrete had his brain transplanted inside a rock person construct, his original body stolen by aliens. As the only known "super" in his setting he has a carefully-constructed public image as a buffoon, this era's Hulk Hogan, to throw off tricky questions about his origin--but he's actually rather well-read and cultured, being a former political speechwriter. He is basically a slightly-weaker The Thing with more awkwardness and social anxiety. Concrete mostly makes a living as a travel writer and taking on interesting odd jobs that take advantage of his heightened strength and endurance.

Currently, he's taken on work as Special Effects Man for a Hollywood film production, saving the production millions of dollars--which the established special effects crew isn't wild about, since that's all money that would have passed through their hands instead.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Lucifer 016 (2020)

Odin has a big important horn, which he was going to use to call The Wild Hunt for... reasons. But someone broke it before he could do so. As the horn was originally made in hell, it needs to be repaired there, so Odin goes on a little trip.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

What was that really good Transformers run again, where Megatron flips sides and I half remember something involving a spaceship? Loads of sad robot moments.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Toshimo posted:

That's the arc after that in IDW continuity. After the war on Cybertron, the book splits into Megatron Space Goofball Feels Trip (More Than Meets The Eye) and Starscream v. Bumblebee Politicking on Cybertron (Robots in Disguise).

Neat. I don't really know Transformers, but saw some shares of scenes from this and have been meaning to check it out. Are these decent jumping-on points or will I end up completely lost?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Irredeemable mainly needed to stop half its run earlier and never even consider Incorruptible.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Wasn't that whole mess from Incorruptible? Because yes, yes that is why.

Hate Crime is another one that needed to be shot into the sun.

What in the poo poo were editors snorting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

I'll never get used to seeing John Constantine hanging with the cape crowd