Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Visually it does look a lot like Blackest Night. I never noticed that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
It was a portal to heaven so he could get a feather off an Angel for his hat. That happened in the last issue.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

So, uh, they're dead?

Yup.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Redeye Flight posted:

Seriously, can we stop posting these ridiculous gore-fests in here? It's really just stomach-churning.

Badass Panels:Pretty much just excessive violence

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Metal Loaf posted:

I posted these near the end of the previous thread, but I could only find them in black and white then, and the quality of the scans wasn't great.

Here's the full-colour version of Jaspers vs the Fury from The Mighty World of Marvel #11 and #12 (by Alans Moore and Davis).

I'm sure glad this isn't in print! I'd hate to read it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Metal Loaf posted:

I have the omnibus. :shrug:

Do you want to send it to me?

Is that the whole thing? I might check those out

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Alouicious posted:

People always talk up Amanda Conner's art but it looks exactly the same as every other DC House Look art to me

Sorry about your eyes dude.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Uthor posted:

Note: I have included 95% of the dialog in the four issue arc.

You didn't post the "previously on" from the first issue. I'd say you actually posted about 1% of the text.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

For some reason when he moved to LA Frank started wearing a mask.

His face isn't know by every single cop in LA so he can walk around without a disguise this way.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm pretty darn sure that a lot of it is prototyped in a 3d program and then painted/drawn over, it's just way too perfect spatially for it to be totally done in the artist's head.

Naw he's just an insane artist.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
OPM already just seems to come out whenever they have a chapter ready so there might just be longer wait. Man if Murata was really going into animation I would literally kill someone for him to redo the Eyeshield 21 anime.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Eyeshield 21 had the best characters. Not going to dispute the casual racism thing, though.

At least you can't blame that on Murata! I'm also not sure if I would even consider it casual racism.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Xenophobic ignorance, maybe? More "I have no idea what the gently caress I'm writing about but doing research would imply that I actually gave a poo poo about these foreigners."

I would say it is racist, I just wouldn't classify it as casual. We should probably stop this derail though!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
This conversation is so Badass.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Hang on I thought Greg Land was on Mighty Avengers :raise:

There was an arc where he wasn't.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

But it doesn't look awful?

The less actual faces you can see the better his art looks.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

Does he actually murder children?

Maybe, but he sure as poo poo ain't gonna gently caress one.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Unless you're Steve Rogers, your superhero origin is going to include "used to be an rear end in a top hat"

Steve Rogers was cool with a 13 year old running around with him in WWII, he was kind of an rear end in a top hat. Plus he doesn't even know what myspace is?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, as hilarious of a mental image as Doom knitting is, it's not like it's a major gap in his knowledge or anything. Dude just doesn't like it.

That's actually a lot of why I like Doom in a nutshell- he's weirdly humanized and likable given his outer image. He's really not even evil, just kind of an egotistical jackass with a grudge against Reed Richards.

It depends on who is writing him really. He varies from complete and total monster to a major rear end in a top hat who only cares about himself and keeping his people happy.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Has he ever been a complete irredeemable monster since the Silver Age? I always figured he was kind of like Magneto where he was pure evil for a while, then when writers stepped back and actually looked at his character they decided he was way more interesting as an okay dude.

He was pretty awful in Waid's run.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man if more of his Justice League stuff was that good I wouldn't have dropped it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

:justpost:

No, seriously, post!

It's literally every single page of the book.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up a second. I haven't had a chance to read Injustice yet, but I've seen a few scans that people have put in the thread.

That's Batgirl handing him the pill, right?

The pill that has the same effect as one Lex Luther developed?

Lex Luther, who just a few issues ago, revealed that he knew batman's secret and wanted to team up with him?

This is a long con by Lex, isn't it? He's supplying weapons to both sides, giving Superman enough rope to hang himself with while also arming the forces against him. drat, I need to start catching up in this series, because I have the feeling it's going to lead to one hell of a payoff.

Injustice is an AU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

I think you're supposed to read it the other way :/

Oh no don't start this up again

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

That's a fill-in? Wow. Impressive stuff.

That page is a lot better than the whole "doge meme" panel. I don't care that she's a dorky teenager it's not fun to read.

Whatever dude. Have fun missing out on a great book cause you can't handle a meme.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

lmgtfy

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

He allied with them as they stood against the Green Lantern Corp , why do we not have a Injustice thread?

Someone should just make an Injustice/Earth 2 thread

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

It's a great game! <:mad:>

It's just got an awful story mode

Where did all this hate for the game come from? I've only heard generally positive things about it other than a lame story.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man I wanted to see the racist crybaby responses

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Unrelated: now reading Brubaker & Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist run - it's a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

What made you think that Brubaker+Fraction+Aja was going to be uninteresting?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

It replaces their heart, actually.

And then that heart replaces that blood with acid or something.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I know these were posted when the book came out but who cares.
From Infinity #6

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Murata's colored stuff always looks so beautiful.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Someone should post the panels from the recent annual that shows how Hyperion deals with a kidnapper.

That wasn't an annual. It was 34.1

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure it was some sort-of cosmic prank but don't quote me on that.

Suck it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Every single chapter of Black Jack is loving badass and everyone should seek it out.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I tried to watch the anime and it was pretty generically bad, should I give the manga a try?

Yeah the manga is waaaaaaaaaay better than the anime. I couldn't sit through a single episode of it. If you guys want to read it I would recommend checking out your local libraries. If they don't have it then you can usually do an inter-library loan and get it from somewhere else. If you don't do that then just buy some volumes off of Amazon. The stories are really self contained and they only call back to other issues once in a while. You could probably pick up any book and pick up what's going on just fine.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Majuju posted:

That is hands-down the dumbest sequence I've ever read in comics. Grant Morrison, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

How does it feel to have no soul

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Remember kids, if you don't like bad Grant Morrison comics, you have no soul.

Basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I'm gonna just start declaring that people who don't like Ctrl-Alt-Delete have no soul, see if it catches on.

EDIT: Yeah you're right.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 4, 2014