Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

prefect posted:

As opposed to the American version, where a squad of heavily-armed soldiers assaulted the house Luke Cage was in at midnight the day the registration act went into action.

(We are the dumbest country.)

But the best for drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

How do you even burn things on Mars, doesn't the atmosphere have like no oxygen?

Not anymore!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
That entire fight is incredible, but this would be my standout panel. I love a fight that's visible from space.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Wade Wilson posted:

I thought the penance stare made you feel the pain/anguish you've caused innocents, though. How many innocents has Frank actually killed?

mind the walrus posted:

At least a couple over the years. You don't go around spraying autos and semi-autos without picking at least one "oopsie" daisy.

I'm going to say it's probably none, to his knowledge.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Alhazred posted:

According to Morrison the Joker is immune to pretty much every poison.

See that scene in the prose issue where a mosquito bites him, drinks his blood, and dies. More of a badass paragraph than a panel, I suppose.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

This cover has stunning theological implications. Did God smite the dinosaurs?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

New Leaf posted:

If he was really that quick, every other hero on the planet would be useless. He could simultaneously prevent every accidental death at once. He could end world hunger, he could wreck every terror cell on the planet. He could gather and disarm every IED in the desert. There would be no more conflict.

I just... I would quite like to see this. I think it would be neat. A story where Flash is at the very top of the hierarchy of all Earth superheroes instead of Superman. I think there could be some good stories in that concept :shobon:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Possibly this?

E: and the six comics after that I guess

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Test Pattern posted:

Relevant to this discussion:

And what pace of output does that yield? About 50 pages per month?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
So what we're saying is we can't wait for Thomas and Martha Wayne to finally come back.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Is that the same issue with the "Without its principles, I say America is trash!" speech?

E: because if so then I think that's the stronger sequence.

AnonSpore is right, there's a distinction between "Cap won the fight, and that's why he's right" and "Cap is right, and that's why he wins the fight".

qntm fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 10, 2015

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

ArchRanger posted:

You left out the next few panels, which are my favorite part of the entire issue.

Subtle as a sledgehammer but I love it.

There we go!

Subtlety is overrated.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Viking weirds language.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
People complain about Superman being "boring" because "he's invincible and nothing can hurt him and he always wins".

One-Punch Man doesn't even have Kryptonite.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

prefect posted:

Imagine if you were a super-villain who had taken control of all the world's gold, and had decided to melt it down to make a cube. How long would the sides be? Hundreds of metres, thousands even?

Actually, it's unlikely to be anything like that size.

Warren Buffett, one of the world's richest investors, says the total amount of gold in the world - the gold above ground, that is - could fit into a cube with sides of just 20m (67ft).

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21969100

And there's more gold than that in a cubic mile of sea water. The cube law is pretty cool.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Well, my number was obviously off, then. Sorry about that.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Avulsion posted:

Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it sixty-five million years ago.

I'm blanking here, which issue of Planetary is this from?

Choco1980 posted:

So, exactly how many not-fantastic-fours have there been so far. It seems like a trope I've run into more than once in my reading. One of the most famous examples being of course the Superman story that eventually spawned Hank Henshaw.

There's a carbon copy of them in Astro City, although that's true of a lot of characters.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

So does Black Bolt know sign language?

I think what you're really asking is, has he ever run into Hawkeye?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope to God I get to see Ares on the MCU one day.

Maybe they could cast Sean Bean.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Gavok posted:

It doesn't matter that you're not excited.

Oh, I get it.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Also, whether something is on the left or on the right is sometimes legitimately important in the story, and then either the publisher forgets to change the dialogue to match or they have to go to a surprising amount of effort to flip all of those references. And you end up with people using their sword with the wrong hand, driving on the wrong side of the street for the place where the story takes place, heart on the wrong side of their chest...

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Oh I get it, he leaves him dead in a pool.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I may have said this before, but somewhere in the multiverse is a Bruce Wayne who diverted every penny of the Wayne fortune into inner-city schools, and works as a social worker. Alfred is also a social worker. Dick Grayson and all the others are just kids who needed help and, with his help, have made careers. He doesn't ever throw a punch. No bats, no supervillains.

He is, of course, still best friends with Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
This is as good a time as any to remind everybody that Law and the Multiverse is a pretty good blog dedicated to questions like these. Although possibly not that specific question.