Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Seriously, can we stop posting these ridiculous gore-fests in here? It's really just stomach-churning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Kevin Smith has a VARIABLE track record in comic book writing, to say the least, but with Green Arrow he managed to get it right. The Quiver series where Ollie comes back from the dead is one of the best comics series I've ever read, and the one that made me really, really interested in Green Arrow as a character.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Dreqqus posted:

Archer's Quest by Meltzer right after the Kevin Smith revamp is pretty good, but outside of a few moments, esp Hal, and Heaven, Quiver rings pretty hollow for me. And Onomatopoeia is a terrible villain,

I'm referring to the first trade collection especially, up to the end of the initial villain.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Been a while since I read Life and Times, but would that stranger's initials happen to be F.G.?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Called "Vigilante"!

It just keeps going.

"Vigilante" is a name with history in the DCU, though, so that's fair. Did he have a cowboy theme?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Basically, while Superman can only pick up so many supertankers before you get used to the idea, everyone goes nuts when Green Arrow shoots The Atom through Darkseid's shield into his brain as a light particle.

EVERY SUPERPOWER in Jojo requires the kind of angular thinking that that second example involves. Raw brute force is almost never a factor, it always comes down to the individuals each figuring out how to use their weird, specialized superpower to combat the other guy's weird, specialized superpower. Add on that this is all presented in an extremely stylish and well-rendered manner and it's no wonder the series has so much staying power.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Loki we are in the middle of a battle, please stop taking selfies

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Both the Smax mini and the Forty-Niners are excellent. The Smax mini is very different from most of Top Ten, however, because it goes back to Smax's origins which are as much of a pastiche take on fairy tales as Top Ten is of cape-and-mask stories. As a result it gets a little... weird at times, but it's still good.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Thor moved it.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I do love that that guy has such a style that his work is instantly identifiable just by trying to explain it.

His art exists, but his writing is fascinating. Accidental Space Spy in particular did some really cool alien civilization building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Terrible violence, you mean.