Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Toadstrieb posted:

When did "character slides along the ground in a way that no human ever has, will, or could do" become a prerequisite for action scenes? It's the cyan and orange of action scenes in movies and games now, swear to god.

He's stationary, the wolf is moving. Going to check out this Head Lopper based on this post and the funny panels one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

This entire fight from Old Man Logan 7 was pretty badass, but I liked the ending in particular.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Speaking of gun beatings, don't piss off Gilad.

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #9

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Roth posted:

I don't know, those pages are at least supposed to be an explosion of chaotic violence.

The head at the bottom of the last page has me cracking up. Did she just cut it off? Did it fly in from somewhere else? Why is it so small?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I think I waited long enough to post this, but SPOILERS from Immortal Hulk 19.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Immortal Hulk #30.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I've been a bit annoyed with Birthright spinning its wheels for...awhile, but issue #41 moved things forward in a big way starting with this ridiculous six-page battle spread.

(open in a new tab)

Cribbing liberally from BPD: Hell On Earth, but still very impressive.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Have a few pages of Wonder Woman thrashing mutants using Superman's spine and skull as a weapon.

From Wonder Woman Dead Earth 4. Daniel Warren Johnson rules.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Seems like we have lost touch with what truly matters, giant bad rear end dudes with huge swords

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/

It's a different look for Ganon but I think I like it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Azubah posted:

Savage Avengers is loving great because it's Conan being a murder hobo and the marvel cast is either for it or against it.

Conan using Wolverine as a sword sold me on the concept.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's a tangent from this tangent but I hope you're all reading Gillen's Once & Future which is basically this conversation in comic book form, albeit with more gun-wielding British grannies.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Maybe it's petty but the bit in this week's Once & Future (18) in which zombie King Arthur beheads Boris Johnson during a live TV broadcast made me do a mental fist-pump.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

So he’s the good guy then. Unorthodox, but I’m interested.

He does immediately threaten death to all who aren't pure-blooded Britons so it might be a tiny downgrade from the current government.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

People don't seem to love Donny Cates's Thor run, but I think this panel of Freya wrecking monsters while riding a cat mounted with gatling guns fits the thread critieria.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

JordanKai posted:

Daniel Warren Johnson made another banger.

Yeah this rules so far, unsurprisingly.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait a minute, this is a wrestling comic where they acknowledge and incorporate into the plot that wrestling is fake?

That's badass.

Yes, though the end of the issue teases the main character joining some sort of demon wrestling league which is presumably a shoot.

The Crimson Cage was a good recent comic about wrestling which acknowledged that the while the fights aren't real the drama certainly can be.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Daniel Warren Johnson is just so good. From Do A Powerbomb #3.

Oops this was supposed to be in the art thread. Ah well, belongs here too.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

goatface posted:

Please don't moonsault endangered orangutans.

Don't worry they're actually sapient aliens who just happen to look like orangutans and call themselves orangutans.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

From today's Nightwing #96. A bunch more could have gone in this thread.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Do A Powerbomb rules. From #6.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Holy gently caress Do A Powerbomb might be my favourite comic ever. Spoilers for the FINAL ISSUE below.

For those who haven't been following along, that's a father/daughter tag team hitting their finisher on literal god.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Daniel Warren Johnson is just the best. This is from his new Transformers book.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

My friend who has no affection for Transformers bought it for DWJ, and really liked it.

I loved Transformers as a kid but haven't followed anything since Beast Wars. I picked this up entirely for DWJ and it was a good choice. There's a heartwarming essay in the back about how important Transformers were to him as a kid and how this is a really big deal for him. I hope it does well!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Daniel Warren Johnson's Transformers is still badass. Issue #3.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

The writer behind that is now writing Transformers, and if there's one thing that both those works have shown?

He loves his wrasslin'.

He also had Beta Ray Bill hit a rainmaker and some suplexes. DWJ is probably my favourite comics person right now.

(Reddit link because I refuse to download the Imgur app on my phone).

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

ManiacClown posted:

Who precisely is Bill beating the Hell out of there?

Random jerk if I remember correctly. It's a good miniseries which gets surprising pathos out of a horse-faced alien and his sentient spaceship.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

From Transformers #6.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

I'm so sad Johnson isn't continuing to do the art on transformers.

I was not aware of this and now I'm sad.

Ah well, better to find out here than when I start reading next month.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I'm sad DWJ isn't doing the art but the new guy is great too so it works out. Badass scene for sure, always loved Soundwave.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Batman/Superman: World's Finest #26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ghost Fleet is a strange book by Donny Cates which was rendered stranger by an early cancellation. More importantly, though, it's also one of Daniel Warren Johnson's first gigs.

This dude was always meant to draw Transformers.