Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Uthor posted:

And Neil Gaiman and Terry Pritchett released Good Omens in 1990!

And T2 was being filmed in 1990. It all makes sense, now!

Gaiman was once asked about and he kind of shrugged and said if you go into a mall in London on a Saturday you'll see about a dozen boys that look exactly like Tim/Harry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kellsterik posted:

It means that enlightenment can be instantly realized by anyone because everyone is a Buddha and veneration of the historical Buddha himself or any other idol or text only impedes enlightenment, this is Zen Fundamentals people.

You know another part of Zen fundamentalism? There is no single right answer that applies to everyone.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He created a cost/benefit spreadsheet of armor weaknesses to shore up and punches/automatic weapon fire just fell below the threshold. Doom blames Excel for fouling up a simple formula

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chinaman7000 posted:

There you go, 12 year old me was a forward thinking fucker.

I remember being confused why Zoom 2 could run around the world nonstop if his only power was time manipulation, though.

There was also, more recently, the one speedster mutant that manifested during no more mutants. Time was relative for him so if he ran 200 miles it would only take a few seconds for the rest of the world but but his body would age the length of time it would take s normal human to run that distance. Repede maybe? His name was Spanish for speed.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This is an awful lot of legal analysis for a story where a criminal defense attorney argues a civil case.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

smashpro1 posted:

"It's in space, that makes it a SWORD job."

Sounds like a Damage Control mini to me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish Dr. Strange dressed like that all the time. It would make New Avengers an even better book.

I don't think we need Strange to get any creepier.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Alhazred posted:

There's a poem in Edda called Þrymskviða that's about Thor. The opening line is:
Vreiðr var þá Vingþórr
er hann vaknaði

This literally translates into:
Pissed was Thor when he awoke.

You're Thor? I can hardly pith.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goatface posted:

He kills whoever he thinks necessary.

He is the very literal last argument of kings.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wanderer posted:

His outer shell is invulnerable but his innards aren't quite as durable, so Wasp goes inside and starts yanking out the wiring or something.

In the Busiek/Perez arc, Hank gets a couple of loads of "Antarctic Vibranium," which liquifies nearby metal, and uses them like knuckle-dusters until Ultron stops moving.

Doesn't a tiny Ares fly a tiny bomb down his throat during Bendis' Avengers?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought it was a toothpick at first until I looked at the panels again and saw it was a collar stay. That's incredible.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know it's movie news, but the just announced news that Karl Urban being in the new Thor movie as Skurge gives a high likelihood of this thread's favorite Thor panels being committed to film.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Captain Bravo posted:

I haven't read that series, and I'm not familiar with that character, so maybe somebody can explain to me why all those men thought it was a good idea to attack Magneto with guns and knives and other metallic weaponry?

The run was about chasing down some of Legion's personalities that were able to gain their own physical form. This one was a sound based mimetic virus, hearing him speak would turn you into a clone of him. He didn't quite fully grasp Magneto's powers because he was just a fragment of David's psyche.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's Bendis trying to create a history of bad blood between The Hood and Doom so he can crowbar the Hood into one last story before his exclusivity deal with DC kicked in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Maduo posted:

You joke, but isn't this the kind of logic that led to Cipher becoming a master of martial arts because "something something body language"?

But also the logic that turned him into a strung out internet junkie.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Logan and Kurt's friendship is still one of my favorite dynamics in comics.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

In that same issue it's made clear that it's done with Wolverine's understanding and permission and he has his own ideas about other modifications.

Did it even need an explanation? Isn't Proteus reality warping the balls in order the res the person? I know he doesn't handle metal well but they've still shown him warping it before.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Synthbuttrange posted:

fermentation happens naturally a lot

Hell, one of the old legends has it that Drunken Monkey Boxing was invented when a master was meditating and watched monkeys stumble about after eating naturally fermented fruit that has fallen from a tree.

Plus, the Hyborean Age has been an actual part of Marvel History since at least the 80s so there's plenty of advanced Stone Age era civilizations running around.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Every time that story pops up all I can think about is how much I want a Bruce Timm Conan show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yes, Superman is constantly slouching to half his height to not make people around him self conscious about their height.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Doctor Strange somehow became the leader of the Black Priests at one point, their power being the words of power. Not sure how that concluded though.

They were wiped out by the Black Swans and Stephen was captured and brought before Ra'bum'alul, Dr Doom.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Don't forget you also need to include Batman realizing that he needs to lean on his family in order to succeed.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hulk Smash! posted:

I wish that comics would hire people who actually spoke non-English languages...

For one, in panel 3, Batroc calls the dude my little cauliflower (never mind that he uses "ma" instead of "mon"). "Mon petit choux" would be a better insult and fit better for a guy supposedly from Marseille, France.

And I get that "Mon Capitan" is basically what people think it should sound like but it's "Mon Capitaine"

Proper use of non-English languages is badass :colbert:

You're right about the gender but 'my little cabbage flower' is an actual French term of endearment.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
A shameful Batroc, no self respecting Frenchman would allow himself to be depicted at a Dutch angle.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Now I want to see a Middle Eastern version of Marvel with Tony as Sulaiman.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Worker themed villains of the world unite, your chains actually make decent weapons!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That would explain why Savage Avengers would be up to 14 despite me never seeing it in the new release header. Weird since they had him in that Avengers series where they fought Nyx.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Obviously they run with the concept but does Japanese have word to differentiate like English does? Do they just use loan words?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I take it the previous 7 volume covers reference famous album covers as well?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ManiacClown posted:

Is he maybe reflecting blackness around him?

Surfer has been black for a little while now. Knull cracked his exterior and infected him, he got better but he's kept the coloration.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

It's not like they've ever been close.

Want he living in Central Park when Ymir conquered New York?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

She constantly has a knife storm above her,just waiting to fire it downwards.

Herodotus called it the Knife of Ororrocles.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a story reason as to why Betsy is Asian again?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It probably would have been fine of they didn't randomly decide to bring Kwannon back and give her her own book. She was a lovely character that lasted for 7 months and then died when the books were at their soap opera-est.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Question IRL posted:

No you are thinking of SVRay Mysterio Jr.
Or the tag team, the GRUsos.

Or Randall Savage.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I mainly remember the thread making their own hero names for everyone and either Aatrek or Old Senile Guy getting madder and madder about everyonebysing those names instead of the characters names.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The first season worked at a good clip for the first 2/3rds too, it was a mustery box show that didnt let the smaller mysteries linger, they didnt worry about leaving story hooks for next season. It stuttered then they were asked to change their format and not finish the stories that season.

It's also the show that made Marvel decision makers believe Jeph Loeb was capable of running the MCU's tv wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Binary Badger posted:

That said, an AI generated DPwould probably be indistinguishable from a Grant Morrison-written issue, that one issue where he lampooned the Mighty Marvel writing style sure came close.

Most programs automatically filter out those kinds of requests.