Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

People always talk up Amanda Conner's art but it looks exactly the same as every other DC House Look art to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I mean honestly the only comic I've read in the past... my entire life, honestly, is Ms. Marvel #1 and I really liked the way the characters are drawn in that so seeing Amanda Conner Pinup Sexytime Power Girl just doesn't do anything for me

e: well and Hip-Hop Family Tree but that doesn't count

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Thor God of Thunder 23: King Thor got knocked into space fighting Galactus, so his granddaughters stepped in while Thor went off to grab his ace in the hole...

kfhahahahahahahahaha that last panel

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It's been really good since Lobdell came back. How it made it that far is a mystery to me though because basically everything before that was trash. Maybe it's being ghost written.

dark_tzitzimine you really need to make your sockpuppets less obvious

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

M'ystique

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Then post most of the death-defying stunts almost every superhero in almost every comic has ever done. I'm a huge fan of that Joe Kelly run but that moment is straight-up boilerplate.

lol k.

You couldn't even be arsed to post the full page? It took me less than 60 seconds to google using a term as generic as "All-Star Superman."

well the self-righteousness is there but its lacking the 7 paragraphs, 4/10

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also a batarang gun is stupid

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yeah, the post immediately previous to mine was "a huge, fleshy dong" and I'm somehow totally nutso out of control for not circling everything in crayon and, instead, only including a directly relevant quote that references the change I made absolutely. Next time I'll include puppets for your edification you huge, fleshy dong.

Lemme know if I need to circle anything in this.

how can you be this much of a defensive child while also calling everyone else defensive children

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

outside of like, The Red Star, has any comic used 3d models and looked good?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That wasn't actually Titanium Man, that was Gremlin who was using a new version of Titanium Man's armor that he designed. :eng101:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i only read comics from Lithuania

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm gonna say 90% of the time that this manga argument happens it isn't because manga is being posted, it's because Say Nothing is the one posting it and he has absolutely no concept of context or build-up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is it Ruins where Peter kills MJ with his nuclear cum?

no that's Reign

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Someone post that Hawkeye page, another great example of fluidity in comics panels

also that Sienkiewicz Moon Knight page

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

before the demon thing he was always described as having a body that was like hard rubber

he's always been a Canadian hockey puck man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ecavalli posted:

Ah, so that's what's happening there, huh?

See, that's the problem with people posting manga in this thread. For every Baki post that actually deserves a spot here, we get dozens of manga posts that need an explainer as to why they're badass. And then the people posting the manga get super defensive and blame the thread for being racist against glorious Nippon and its wonderful comics.

At this point, it's predictable to the point of being ridiculous.

those three panels literally could not be more obvious as to what is happening and you are projecting so hard you should apply for a job at AMC

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

these have all been reasonable reactions, for sure

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

two gangs, one comic book fans, one manga fans, walking closer to each other snapping with each step but nobody can keep rhythm with each other

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my insides only burn with wrath when i eat too much popeyes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was also that one time that Scrooge accidentally destroyed a civilization by introducing them to capitalism so its kind of hard to get a read on the series' economic opinions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Shouldnt they also clone old Cable since he died?

House of X did say that Xavier had revived 2 telepaths with "legacy" cerebro imprints...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Also they were very successful in beating up Spider-Man. Lots of people are.

Spider-Man being the best at it.

spider-man is the ricky morton of comic books

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

thus proving my point: you give a regular person just a little bit of power and they'll abuse it for their own entertainment and no one will say poo poo to them. if this person had superman's power they'd be pulling arms off people for fun. power doesn't make you into anything, it reveals who you are, if you're an rear end in a top hat who will abuse even the tiniest bit of power for their own amusement you're not a good person, you're a bad person who happens to be powerless. sorry to bother the thread

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eye Boy could kill you and everyone you love before the cops could even show up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

I remember some goofball thing from around the time Gen X started up where her powers were supposed to be capable of creating the equivalent of a nuclear fusion bomb and Emma Frost saying she was the most powerful mutant of them all or something like that. I believe she also straight-up was exploding space-ships during the Age of Apocalypse. Jubilee, everybody! Let's give it up for Jubilee.

what's up with the late 90s and writers deciding to have Emma Frost go around telling other X-Men that actually, their powers are world-destroyingly powerful and they're just too stupid or lazy to use them right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FMguru posted:

Yeah. Despite all her villainous characteristics, she's always been passionate about teaching and caring about her students. It's usually what writers point to in order to justify her making a face turn.

except that one time she blew up Firestar's horse but y'know it comes in fits and spurts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

A few questions.

1) Why did Emma blow up Firestar's horse?
2) How did Emma blow up Firestar's horse, she's a world class psychic, but not an explosives expert.
3) Why did Firestar even have a horse, she can fly while covered in flames, I feel like that cuts down on the desire to ride another animal.

1.) to gaslight her into joining the Massachusetts School by convincing her that because she got horny for Cannonball she lost control of her powers
2.) she didn't actually blow up a horse, she set the stable on fire and the horse died but the way its depicted sequentially

3.) being an upper middle class girl in New England is pretty sick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Thinking about the Mutant Liberation Front reminded me of the most proto-Image comics rear end team from that era of X-men comics.

Apocalypse's Dark Riders:

I have no idea if they ever showed up outside of as quickly dispatched cannon fodder during the X-cutioner's Song crossover, but seriously, look at these guys, you can practically smell the Chrome Variant Cover bagged with trading card.

i think the green guy on the left showed up in X-Men: Evolution where he got blown up by X-23

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

because he's a cheap bastard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mulva posted:

That's even less what evolution is than the normal stupid bullshit X-Men talks about being evolution. I'm almost impressed.

they don't evolve, they're genetically engineered by Mr. Sinister

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think he's using the club to pry/prop open Rhyno's mouth so he can reach in with the other hand to yank the knife out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah I'm not seeing a problem here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Matt got a bit of Domino's luck as a residual from the time they hooked up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and I hate Queen references! we should start a club

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

If we start listing off weird ways to incapacitate the Joker this is gonna get real DeviantArt, real fast.

foreverially delitized joker, tied up and loving it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jank Jenshaw The Cyborg Joker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually its Fantomex.

and I'm pretty sure Batroc has called people 'my little cauliflower' multiple times at this point, it might just be a running joke by now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Out of curiosity, how many demons has she actually killed so far?

the title is a character's name, not a command

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think ice can cool things down to absolute zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i also don't think jubilee can split atoms and destroy the universe with infinite atomic bombs or whatever the gently caress people thought