Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I like how Batman is still wearing the cowl on the justice league cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TwoPair posted:

The reason people like Batman vs. Superman fights is because, even though we know Lex Luthor is a villain, deep down we are all more like Lex than we are like Superman and we just want to see the alien get beaten by our obvious human superiority. U.S.A.! U.S.A! HUMANS! HUMANS!

Anyway, here's another fight from the same issue of Injustice.

To be fair Shazam is literally a child so being gullible actually makes a little bit of sense.

She also tore off Lobo's head in the annual. He got better of course, then she manipulated him into thinking that he had low self esteem and to fix that best thing to do would be to go to Apokolips and pick a fight with Darksyde.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

McSpanky posted:

Can we get a little more context here? I'm sure it's badass but without some setup it's a little vague in scale.

The prostitute might be pregnant with the second coming of Christ, and Thatcher is PM.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Fuckstick Electric posted:

I think it's more of: is the civil servant a ghost? Is there relevance to Greek Street and why this civil servant is stuck inside the confines relating to that location? What's stopping this evil government from using a different civil servant for the job?

I really need to re-read Planetary...

The next page is a flashback to modern day where the civil servant is now just a skeleton clutching the sign.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

qntm posted:

So what we're saying is we can't wait for Thomas and Martha Wayne to finally come back.

Thomas did in Flashpoint, but that was an alternate universe where Bruce died instead of him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep it was revealed in Avengers 4, and ignored all the issues with Cap and Bucky that had them fighting commies. However, they were able to make gold with it.

They did actually go back and explain that the Commie killing Cap was some sort of double or something.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Skwirl posted:

I love how that shatters his confidence so much that he doesn't notice he's now surrounded by a ton of metal and his powers still work.

Magneto did a lot of drugs back in the day.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TGG posted:

I thought Black Bolt was the slightly psychic part of that couple. I vaguely remember him having like vague weak telepathy. I mean Maximus is kinda psychic so I figured it was just a family thing.

He is just self conscious about his stutter.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Bravo posted:

:allears: How is it that some people don't like Deadpool?

Daniel Way.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
As part of The Pricipiled JJJ talk and now this I always thought it would have been great if Jameson reveled that he knew Peter was Spiderman the whole time and he decided to call Spider-man a menace in an attempt to get this smug fifteen year old kid who's looking to get famous by playing crimefighter to stop before he pisses of some mob boss and get thrown into the Hudson wearing a pair of cement boots. Jameson kept it up because it seemed to motivate Peter to do better.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
His theme from the cartoon is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyxOXjZHl9U

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It does take a while for stands to come into their own but around a third of the way through part 3 the sands start developing more abstract powers and the fights become more like puzzles where they have to use their own powers in a clever way to beat them and the fights become more interesting. For example one of the later fights is actually a rigged poker match and the guy is defeated by the protagonist using his stand to sell a bluff (he uses it to light his cigarette, and a little bit later uses it to quickly get himself a drink.)

EDIT:

quote:

But it's all good, though the fifth part of the manga had a superficially-decent but actually bad translation. (Part 4 itself has a legendarily Engrished fan translation which was actually far more accurate to what the gently caress was actually happening in the story.)

actually there is a better translation in the works right now, and it updates at pretty regular intervals too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Don't worry, it's good anime anyways.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
gently caress He should have been the mastermind behind the Nu52. Certainly better than the poo poo we got.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lurdiak posted:

I can't think of a single reason I'd want him along for any kind of road trip.

Is the reason for the road trip vengeance?

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 12, 2017

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
His Punisher run too.Honestly avoid anything superhero related he's done and you'll be fine.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
X-MEN

GOOD JOB

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Every mutant is a clone of Uncle Ben.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Eh, I'd say Iceman is more Donnie.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Plus it's loving Hell, poo poo changing all the time actually makes sense when you think about it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Speaking of which it's been seven pages since anybody posted some Thor panels, I'm starting to get the shakes.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He's testing it out in the Ninjas directly behind his supplier.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Phy posted:

Where I live, Kirby on the side of a van means it's a plumber. (Local company's mascot is a blue Hulk holding a pipe wrench)

After reading this post I did a GIS for Kirby Van to see if anyone got a decal job done on their van of the video game character and am now disappointed.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mr. Maltose posted:

My favorite part of that entire sequence is the final panel. "So Thor Died. Again. It happens a lot actually."

I'm pretty sure does it so he can battle his way out of Hel.

Thor's at his best when everything looks like a heavy metal album cover. Case and point look at his movie's, the first two were lacking but when the third was just Thor and co going from ineheavy metal album cover to another it was great.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 22, 2018

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Blame Constantine.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Knock that up to 100% if you're his friend

Unless you're Chaz.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think it was in Simpson's run but maybe before that Marvel realized that Thor is basically the god of metal and as such Thor's best whenever things are just metal as gently caress.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 16, 2018

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Infinitum posted:

As a bit of pop culture trivia. Leopardon heralded the era of Super Sentai shows having giant robots to control for the main heroes to pilot.

The story goes that they couldn't think up any good spider themed finishing moves for spider-man to do so somebody just suggested having the monster of the week grow really big and then having Spider-man bust out a giant mech to beat it with.
The rest is history.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Open Marriage Night posted:

“What is a Avenger? A miserable little pile of secrets!”

...or Hawkeye.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He had to save his teammates.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

You know that quote just so happens to relate to another discussion in a different thread I'm following. It's the origin for the pharse "scapegoat" by the way.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Are they sure the police didn't offer protection to America Nazis to protect them from Jack Kirby?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Slepnir is missing a few legs there.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Cage also gets the second best ending in the game: after receiving Time God powers Young Johnny looks through time to see just how he did not gently caress up raising a daughter and discovered that it was because he went through so much poo poo and grew as a person as a result. In the end he realized that he had to go through that and just left it alone.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 8, 2019

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
For me it's the "Master Kent" at the end of that, just a drat good callback to year one.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That would also create a bigger ecological disaster bigger than if they just let them continue working.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You know it would pretty unrealistic to assume that politics in a comic book universe would be exactly like ours. I mean the president would have to negotiate with an enovy of literal talking gorillas in DC's universe. Hell Latveria's ambassadors are most definitely all doombots.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 5, 2019

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
This recent discussion made me want to watch the Arnie movies again. Which I'm doing right now.
So many good Arnie grunts and faces. Thanks thread.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I dont even think it's the same Old Man Logan world as Millar's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Grendels Dad posted:

"It takes a lot of time to put this all on, you know? It's not like I get up in the morning, hop into the shower and throw on all this stuff. For some of that armor I need to call in guys to help me, otherwise it looks like poo poo and I couldn't even hold this sword here. Really, the only occasion where putting all this on is worth the hassle is when I prepare myself -..."

Pretty surw the purple parts are his body. So really he's only putting on a fifth of a suit of armor.