Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like Black Bolt, where would I go to see more of him and the other Inhumans, as I have no idea what the Inhumans even are?

Edit: I should probably ask this in the marvel thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

All-Star Superman is indeed amazing. I accept comics broadly but Superman is usually the lamest, because everything they write for him is bad like that, and he coasts on being the "first" comic book superhero and thus never needing to be relevant or interesting. Anyway, I'll be nursing my pet hatred in this dark corner, please continue with thread.

I feel like this, but about Batman, the worst thing to ever exist and literally a black hole when it comes to being entertaining. It doesn't help that he also has my least favorite villain (Joker). I wish that stupid nerd tripe about how Batman could clearly beat every hero and villain on earth on his own never happened because it has made him insufferable in books, and his fans even more so.

I do like most of the bat family though. Grayson, Tim, Damian, Barbara, Steph, Cass... All characters I find enjoyable if not amazing.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The new comics are actually really good, and if you can't see Vader telling an army of rebels that they're utterly screwed that's silly.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Star Wars fans actually hate anything Star Wars, especially goons.

See: The legions of star wars fans on SA who literally say they think the setting would be better without Jedi/Sith/The Force, which literally means they don't want star wars to be Star Wars.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I mean, in the run leading up to Old Man Rogers, he killed a lot. He took off mutate heads with his shield. He caused Mr. Magnificent to die. He killed Iron Nail if I remember correctly.

The difference is killing for an Avenger is an option.

Killing for Punisher is the Only Considered Course Of Action.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I liked how Old Man Rogers storyline did killing. Killing was acceptable if and only if it was the only way. Killing someone who is defeated, killing someone who isn't fighting back, killing someone who you easily can deal with other ways, those are all unacceptable.

I don't think every hero should be killing. Or that every villain should be killed.

I was still pretty surprised when I read the storyline and saw the amount of people who died. But I guess mutates aren't really people, and Mr. magnificent was literally a 'I kill you or you kill 200 people' situation, with no other options.

People who really want bloodthirsty murderous heroes are terrible though. That's not what a Hero should be.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Captain America basically literally has Amadeus Cho's powers. The super soldier serum nowadays gave him impossible peak human calculation speeds, so he can basically do math to do anything impossible like that.

It's just not focused on like Cho.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Toshimo posted:

Ame-Comi Girls Vol. 2: Rise of The Brainiac

What is with these outfits???

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In retaliation for Iron Man kidnapping Ulysses (only for a bit), the inhuman are attacking/blowing up all of Stark's personal properties and assets without actually hurting anyone or anything related to Stark Industries. Basically they just want to piss off Stark without actually killing him.

Honestly, i really appreciate this. It is perfectly petty and hilarious, with no need for mw to feel bad because oh no, what about his employees . It's me. I am fhe person who worries about the nameless employees caught up in superhero stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

It would probably be better if the entire thing didn't look like bad poser models with no real sense of movement.