Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That Ignorant Sap posted:

From Wolverine Origins #28.

I always like the Wolverine vs Hulk throw downs.

In Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk he literally is torn in two. If I recall the series started with Logan coming to already having his legs and pelvis ripped off and thrown up a mountain (the legs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Except didn't he just get done saying that the Spectre doesn't give a gently caress about anything but murdering people who crossed some arbitrary line? How's he going to protect his loved ones with that?

Because he's describing the Sepctre as an entity. With Corrigan in the blend, he can temper the Spectre and introduce, however minuscule, some manner of mercy to the Spectre's actions. My understanding is the host is the driving personality, with the Spectre trying to subvert them to it's "primary mission". If the host is aware and of strong enough will, they may be able to assert their own agenda in some way or form.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Loki Agent of Asgard #15: Future Loki has decided "gently caress it", he's gonna burn it all down at the end of the multiverse, so Asgard's making it's last stand using some... unconventional weaponry.

God drat. :dance:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, we can't have comics about actually REHABILITATING people.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure Dream doesn't give a poo poo about rehabilitation or really relate to humanity very well (see what he did with a woman he loved out of wounded pride). He really only cares about the Dreamlands and he was there to reign in the Corinthian. I always got the sense he punished the "Collectors" because he found them offensive. It usually seems his punishments are meted out to those that offended or attempted (or have) harmed him directly or those under his care.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alouicious posted:

well the self-righteousness is there but its lacking the 7 paragraphs, 4/10

OK, Lex.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Secret War not Wars.:doom:

So just to be clear there's a set of Secret Wars called "Secret Wars" and a completely different, non-intersecting set of Secret Wars called "Secret War"?

Thanks, that cleared it up for me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Silhouette posted:

You know who else had a cybernetically-enhanced batsuit and bat-shaped flechette launchers?

Azrael in batman themed Suit of Sorrows armor during the Knight-Fall/Redemption arc?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Master of Kung Fu #4: Shang-Chi fights his evil dad.

Is this one as good as the original run of Master of Kung Fu?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is there something wrong with your brain?

It's walrus, so that's a rhetorical question. Just do what everyone else does and don't engage him. Makes for a more pleasant time for all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Travis343 posted:

It's kind of the opposite of that, Diana doesn't balk, she calls him Clark out of habit and he stares her down until she calls him "Kal". He's withdrawn because Lois and his parents have died, and he's shut out his human side because of the pain. Being human means dealing with death and loss, and he can't handle it - he says "They're earthlings, they die." He doesn't want to be Clark if it means feeling their loss.

Even toward the middle of the story he's still running from Clark's pain and treats him like a different person. When he's telling Diana the story about Brainiac he says he hid part of him in a Pulitzer in 'Clark's' apartment.

Kingdom Come was so drat good.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Minarchist posted:

Did Ali have kryptonite gloves or something?

Red sun-lamp, I think.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Terrible Horse posted:

So Superman is fighting on behalf of the Star Warriors? lol

No the fight is to decide who will best represent the earth in a boxing match against the Star Warriors' champion.

Basically, the semi-finals.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

Seriously dude you could not be more wrong.

Man, either he's read the last few pages here and is just trolling, or he has the exact type of shallow understanding of Superman the last few pages have talked about. Either way, not worth engaging.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FutureBoy posted:

How smart could he have been if he couldn't get a real gun?

Smart enough to bluff your rear end.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Not a panel, but worth watching.
Preview of new animated One punch Man.

http://www.mp4upload.com/xnr19lg02oym

loving hell yes!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'll have to wait until the fan-sub, since it all sounds like shouty gibberish to me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kalli posted:

Issue 25 of Exiles was set on a world where Tony Stark had killed virtually everyone, was the ruler of earth and trying to capture the Inhumans to breed a race of supermen who could conquer the galaxy.

He's with Sue Storm in that world, and talks through frowns and props:

So he can read, but is unable to write because...? I mean, even a slate and a piece of chalk hanging around his neck is several steps up the communication chain than what's on that page.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Masada

This is Black Bolt's solution to Evil Iron Man trying to genocide the Inhumans.

I know what Masada refers to, I was commenting on his method of communication with his wife.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Travis343 posted:

His character in Blazing Saddles was close enough.

That was Cleavon Little. Richard Pryor was one of the script-writers.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

So... no Spidey-SenseTM because plot (such as it is)?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I just threw up in my mouth.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought the same, but please.. watch it. It's so good

Can confirm. I already have the comics, but the show is very fun. So far, there's no real deviations, but the little touches add some humor that's difficult to do with static pages.

Subbed episodes are on Hulu for the US.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

Read the whole thing here, it's free and good and has a nice presentation
http://www.dota2.com/thelastcastle/

That was a pretty fun read. Thanks.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Norns posted:

Stop making me want to read Judge Dread. I have enough stuff I already can't keep up with

I remember being so excited when I heard Stallone was doing Dredd. And then so disappointed when I went to see it. It was so.. sanitary and clean looking. And had Rob Schneider.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Read Jake Wyatt's Necropolis web comic. It's pretty badass.

http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/post/118905492171/prologue

Wow. I'm liking what I see so far.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

qntm posted:

Oh I get it, he leaves him dead in a pool.

Holy poo poo.

Nipponophile posted:

And then wades away?

God drat it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love it when they illustrate just how motherfucking strong spider-man is.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Deadpool, Cable, and 60s Nick Fury vs. Time Traveling Hitler (Deadpool #26, 2011-2014 run)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

iirc old Hulk was on 'incredibly strong' levels.
Rather than modern Hulk's 'Impossibly strong' level.

Or I'm just talking out my rear end that started with Secret Wars Hulk when he held up a mountain.

Yeah, I'm not sure when it started, but I'm curious.

I seem to recall when I was a kid he was just "The Strongest", but Thor and others of that class could go toe to toe with him.

Now, he's basically a force of nature, especially when the madder he gets, the stronger he is.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love everything about these panels.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

redbackground posted:

Since when is Wolverine from the deep south?

How are you getting "Deep South" from that? I'm hearing it in northern Minnesota accent, which I imagine is close to the Canadian they're aiming for. (I've had more exposure to Minnesotans than I have Canadians).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The 4th issue of 1872: "The Avengers of the West will return..." Does anyone know a date for that?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I really like that Death is really bored with people like Thanos.
Death has probably seen a million or more like him through the countless ages. And his courtship is....lacking.

Well, it doesn't help that she's head over heels for Deadpool, who will *never* die. His near death experiences are sometimes framed as "dates" with Death.

This is *the* reason Thanos hates Deadpool.

(that being said I really loving hope that the marvel movies do Thanos his much overdue justice. Ultron wasnt good enough.)
I'm fairly confident that Brolin is up to the task.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

willus posted:

the teleporting guy

Do you mean (not)Deadpool?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kujeger posted:

the chaos star is older than games workshop

edit: but that's probably where the artist has it from

I thought it was Moorcock that came up with that as the symbol for Chaos Lords/Dukes of Hell in his Eternal Champion books.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, his eyes were blue.

:drat:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer (Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements) and speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs. Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was. Wilson Fisk's, the gangster.

The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine, and that week, the Punisher hit the house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling. I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. You know, any contractor willing to work for Stark knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to his heart, not his wallet.

:golfclap:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What they don't show is the clumsy-rear end panda tripping, rolling like a cartoon snowball out of control, and crushing the man. That's why they're so feared by outdoorsmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Joseph Kerr

Are you loving kidding me.

Of course in a universe with the name Edward Nigma, I suppose I can't complain too much.