Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Listen dude, this is the Badass Panels thread, it's basically nothing BUT Ultimate Showdowns of Ultimate Destinies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
One of my favorite pages ever is actually the last page of that run, the culmination of not only Count Vertigo's arc throughout the run but arguably a lot of the themes of the Suicide Squad.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can't believe this might be the first time I've ever agreed with a mod about anything.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Elfface posted:

Yes, but only one is allowed to be Wolverine at a time. They do have

Logan classic
Old Man Logan from an alternate future
Laura Kinney, clone of Logan
Gabby, AKA Honey Badger, clone of Laura
Daken, son of Logan
James Logan, son of a different dimension's Logan
Jonathan the Actual Wolverine

There may also be a magic daughter of Logan with magic claws from an alternate timeline.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 20, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean, Claremont may have kind of gone off the rails toward the end of his legendary run, but he's still the guy who MADE X-Men. Like, they were made by Kirby and Stan, but Claremont made them. If Claremont said he would like to write X-Men again, if I were a Marvel editor I would bend over backwards to accommodate him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Really likes Batman's peaches wants to shake his tree

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Random Stranger posted:

Superman flew through Rao, the red sun of Krypton, in the last issue of Infinite Crisis. It's okay that you don't remember this because nobody should remember Infinite Crisis.

Remember that dumb thing Neil Gaiman did where one of the Endless convinced a depressed Rao to explode and destroy Krypton so Superman could be depressed that he's the last survivor? And later on it turns out that depressed star is super duper important because it infected all the other stars and convinced them to end the universe? Or something like that. I don't remember Sandman Overture all that much, because it felt to me like Gaiman was pandering to his fanbase too much.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm sorry did I just see a fat Japanese man eat The Void?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm pretty sure Daredevil's secondary mutation is that anyone he beds will die.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"I'm an old man...on a fixed income."

I don't understand the one liner, but I want this line to be randomly added to conversations from now on.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Think about how much power it would take to send that entire train flying up into the air like that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean, they're still dying.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The part of Orchis I like is they just repurposed one of Tony Stark's superweapons he had lying around, in this case an orbital attack satellite. Tony Stark, a man who just can't stop making superweapons.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Is it really a post apocalypse if the guy literally named Apocalypse is still alive, and also the rest of the world is fine and it's just America

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Zatanna's power comes from her ability to speak backwards, yes, but a significant amount of her power also comes from her top hat, fishnets, and traditional stage magician garb. But ESPECIALLY the fishnets.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Maybe Arnie is just one of those people who talk really slow I mean that is a lot of text bubbles

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It looks like a Jojo reference lol

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I disengaged completely from western webcomics since 8-bit Theater ended and it became increasingly clear Order of the Stick stopped being interesting hundreds of chapters before I called it quits, and I have never and still do not regret my decision at all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I remember the first Conan movie being extremely good, and the second movie being not really good, and also that early Cerebus was a Conan parody and was good.

So by and large Conan owns.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
They're psychics, you should always assume they're messing up people whenever they do anything.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I actually read that manhua all the way to its finish a few years back at the recommendation of some people, and although I don't remember the fight clearly, I think sword guy was able to kill him despite his immortality either because he made a blade so sharp it could cut even concepts like immortality, or his pure fighting spirit was so strong that it burned the other guy to oblivion. By the way, sword dude's power comes from his crossing over into another dimension and learning the art of summoning swords out of nowhere from there, and later on they go back to that other world and it's probably the lamest the series ever got. Toward the end of the series sword guy only gets more awesome, to the point where I remember thinking why the gently caress the main character was the protagonist instead of him.

The only thing left I clearly remember from that comic is that the main villain is literally unbeatable. This isn't a situation where the villain seems unbeatable but he has this one weird weakness, no, the dude is straight up so much stronger than everyone else that he can't be defeated. The way the good guys win is they first take away his reason for living and then later on convince him to give up. But they never beat him in a straight up fight because they can't. There's even a small scene where he's at the weakest he's possibly ever been, facing down an army of badasses, and he says something to the effect of "I could still kill every single one of you, but gently caress it."

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Bro if I could summon an infinite number of swords out of thin air whenever I wanted I would be the cringiest motherfucker on this entire planet and nobody could stop me

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Thaddius the Large posted:

There’s probably a decent one-off in a single character steadily going mad as they realize there are dozens of duplicates of every superhero running around, but no 2 are ever in the same location at the same time so nobody ever notices.

This is honestly a really cool story idea, it's something I could expect Morrison from the 90's to do in Animal Man or Doom Patrol.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If I ever get hired to write batroc I will his French absolutely atrocious just to spite you, specifically.

Wee wee.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK, out of context it just looks like they're bullying a dragon down on his luck. What a bunch of assholes.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'd fight the guy who doesn't like Dazzler's albums smh

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
We did see the payoff to that Halloween gimmick in this thread; it was posted earlier. Chainsaw Man seems like a very hard series to get into all around, but I would expect SA posters to be the type of weirdos to be able to get into it (I am not insulting anybody when I post this, please don't get the wrong idea), so I'm surprised I'm seeing such negativity in here.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
As far as I know the Halloween power isn't related to any of that, I was just referring to Mulva's example of esoteric stuff in Chainsaw Man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't think there's a thread specifically for it, but Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy has been loving amazing thus far. Just pretend I posted the page where Star-Lord shoots a symbiote dragon.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Nilbop posted:

It's his old element gun, except, well a LOT is happening in Ewings' GotG run. It's all great.

Quoting for truth. Right now it looks like Peter Quill has essentially achieved enlightenment.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's from Dan Slott's recent run of the FF. I don't know why I keep buying it, but it hasn't been absolutely terrible, so...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ghost Rider, but blind. He's not called the Man Without Fear for nothing

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
SMH if you're a power ranger and you DON'T constantly blow things up in your background.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I would post the context, but it's kinda dumb, so meh. It's from the latest issue of Thor:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I learned from Wolverine when he greeted his friends the X-Men as they just got off a plane to attend his wedding to the Japanese woman Mariko in Uncanny X-Men #172 that "baka" is the word for "Honored Friends"!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
bro that guy just stopped a little girl from being transported to another world and having magical and wondrous adventures, wtf? What an rear end in a top hat

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yo is that Robot Chicken?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If we're doing black and white there are quite a few pages of Cerebus I could use, but then again it's Cerebus, so........

EDIT: For those who don't get it because they've never read it, Cerebus was a comic book that plummeted straight off a cliff because its author is, literally, a crazy person, who ruined his work ranting about women and going off about other weird poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Lancelot IIRC, lives out the rest of his life as a hermit monk, just as Guinevere lives out the rest of her life in a monastery. I don't think either of them die in battle in the traditional stories, but I could be mistaken, it has been a long time since I was a child and super into Arthurian legend.