Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Jake Wyatt just likes putting other characters in his books. His Spider-Verse story had all kinds of anime characters as extras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Re: Leopardon chat, it (and Japanese Spider-Man) will be in a Very Good looking story in Vault of Spiders at the end of the month.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Early review of Vault of Spiders:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Phy posted:

From Spider-Verse 1 #2, the Anarchist Spider-Man is using a van packed tight with the most powerful speakers they can cram into it to fight the Venom-enhanced forces of tyranny and oppression.

Look at the sound effects. Look at what he's playing.

There was an image of a Russian translation of that panel floating around where some dude translated the sound effects.

Edit: https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/872754462347100161?s=19

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 21, 2018

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Yeah but it gets wrecked on like the very next page

On the other hand:

Thanks for the nice words about my books guys. I haven't been posting much about them for fear of sounding like a broken record (though apparently I jump in on threads to post Sheldon's art like some kind of lovely Beetlejuice).

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Thanks everyone, I'm glad people are reading them. I generally approach each Marvel job assuming it's my last, so I try to do something a little different (with varying degrees of success).

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

You’re putting out some great books on the periphery. I’ll be interested to see what ongoing they eventually offer you.

You and me both!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you get to at least post your preferences as far as characters go or do they come to you with a “hey we’re interested in a X book”?

Everything I've done so far has come from an editor emailing me saying "I saw you did X and liked it, I've got a spot on Y, would you like to do it?" with the answer invariably being "YUP"

Someone more established would probably be in a position to put forward their preferences, but I'm down for anything that comes my way.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I love Batroc, he's the best. His fights with Tarantula in Punisher: Eurohit are some of my super faves.

Edit: I need to make that last panel my new avatar

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Cap #303 was a good one, especially when Batroc kicks through a fence to nail Cap. Another fave is the excellent Captain America and Batroc one-shot by Gillen and Arlem where Batroc takes a job just to check out the new Captain America (Bucky).

Batroc!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Pacra posted:

Next time he ends up using this is in Uncanny X-Men #300, oneshotting some acolyte:

"Some acolyte"!? Such disrespect for Frenzy!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

what was the name of that space adventure comic where the captain is yelling at the demon in his warp core? came through here a while back, I keep meaning to buy some of it

Outer Darkness

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I'm around 400 chapters behind the current, but it looks like Franky's redesign doesn't get any better, does it.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Honestly, while I usually like timeskips for whatever reason, the one in One Piece really killed my momentum and interest. I've been going through it on the Jump app, but now I'm kind of forcing myself to get back to it, rather than being compelled to. That, and original Franky was, indeed, perfection.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Was doing some digging in the closet and came across Thor 171. Had to get a picture of this shot because I've always loved it.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

That SNAP sfx/cap square in the middle of that dude's face is cracking me up more than it has any business doing

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Moon Knight did a real number on him back in the Huston/Finch days, which was when he was ripping off peoples' faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Gnome de plume posted:

Hopefully 5 years is enough time to get therapy and a personality

the photographic reflexes also work outside of combat, he can whip up any dish he saw on a cooking show.

also I liked the Udon era mask and outfit

Not for nothing, but he's also an internationally ranked competitive ballroom dancer.