Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Comic books are pretty awesome. But sometimes they transcend plain awesomness into sheer badassitude. This thread is for those moments.

From Rat Queens #2: Our quartet of brave adventurers have been ambushed by a giant ogre. This how you deal with that bullshit:

PS: Read Rat Queens. What isn't posted in this thread is probably posted in the Funny Panels thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Perennial favorite Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Shirtless, akimbo laser pistols, cigar and wall crashing rocket cycle. Bro is totes alpha.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
We like punchfights because we are literally manchildren and also lady-manchildren(?!?). But often times it is more badass to use your brain meats instead of your laser eyes. In Sandman #4 Morpheus, weakened after decades of imprisonment, has descended into hell in search of relics of his lost power. A demon has his mask and only a battle of wits will see it returned!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
There is something even more badass than beating dudes up or out thinking them. That thing is getting your rear end kicked in defense of someone else. Even-even more badass is when that someone else you are getting aforementioned rear end kicked for is a dog. Because dogs rule. Hawkeye #1 introduces us Lucky, superhero name: Pizza Dog.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I've seen this spread a ton, but never what leads up to it:
Nick Fury, chillin' in the desert smoking a cigar while a SHIELD missile descends upon him so he can test a new force shield (you'd think they'd use dummies for this). The shield is sabotaged, so Nick runs to a rocket powered sled as it speeds away, jumps on, and is dragged to safety.

Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

I... I didn't think it could ever be more badassed than the original pic. My god, was I wrong.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ohmigosh, that was supposed to be the long faced jedi?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
With those last two series of posts, have Spidey and Sue ever had a proper team up? I don't remember many scenes between the two of them in their FF issues.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

It's ok to give up on DC. Try it, you'll feel better.

It really is great. Give it a few years, DC will might not be as lovely as it is now and you can read whatever wasn't poo poo in trades.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

:drat: That last panel was great.

Yeah, this was going to be in the OPs, but I couldn't remember what it was. I'm really wanting to read the real thing whenever it goes up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Hahahaha. Of course. Fairies are weak to iron. So Iron Man is their worst nightmare.

This is why the Technocracy will always win.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

Ms. Marvel 6.

She's a stretchy shapeshifter. Read Ms Marvel, it's great!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yoda just shakes his head in disappointment at the entire GLC for that remark.

Matlock posted:

Injustice 16

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

I'll always love that sequence though because that shark looks like it died and went to shark heaven.

It did in the end :(

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I really ahted the first two issues and dropped it, but those are some good pages.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Those pages are the raddest thing I've seen in a DC book in a long, long time.

\

My irrational hatred of anime caused me to close this book at the hipster otaku shopkeeper and drop the series again. gently caress is that insufferable.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's almost like the comic isn't aimed at grown-rear end men anymore.

Nope. I'm glad Academy and this new Batgirl are there, but they really are not anything I can drum up enthusiasm for outside of bringing in new fans. I am a bit miffed that, without the anime poo poo and if the hipster poo poo was toned down a bit, there's no reason this couldn't have been a Stephanie Brown Batgirl, but that's more of a problem I have with the overall nu52. I was just kind of hopeful that with Wonder Woman and Red Lanterns ending, these new bat books would keep me reading some non-Vertigo DC.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Space Fish posted:

Re:Batgirl, the leap from Simone's New 52 incarnation to issue #35 has been nothing but upgrades, in my opinion. From the (colorful!) art to the (creative!) layouts to giving Babs a social life, I am an enthusiastic subscriber. As for the criticism that she should call in favors to get a large hard drive, some guy on campus loaned her a hard drive, no Bat required.

This is so true. Simone's Batgirl was just straight up poo poo. This new one, while I dislike it, is an actual good book. Just one that doesn't appeal to me.

For badassitude: Fastball special Captain Marvel/Hulk edition from the Avengers: The Last White Event trade.

EDIT: Not badassed: Hyperion's silly scream when being blasted in the middle panel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Whedon also apparently thought she'd been a virgin for this entire time, all the better for him to write a big dramatic sex scene involving her.

What?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So... what are the Inheritors supposed to inherit?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

Probably the person who looks at sales figures. We may not like it, but spider-man hasn't stopped selling or anything.

This would be true for literally any writer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Matlock posted:

I'm always a few months behind, because I get my comics via marvel unlimited, but I just got to this great Loki: Agent of Asgard cover, and it seemed to be begging to be animated, so I did.

Also avatar sized, in case someone wants it:

As long as no one's taken in by the time I finish the next page, I thank you for my new avatar.

edit: gently caress, preview showed lil loki all on it's own line. I knew I should have used a line break.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 24, 2015

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Namor, stop signing your posts.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'd read it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Superstring posted:

Wonder Woman herself is bulletproof right? I get the bracelets go back to her creation, but she should be straight up impervious to bullets now right?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Redeye Flight posted:

Both the Smax mini and the Forty-Niners are excellent. The Smax mini is very different from most of Top Ten, however, because it goes back to Smax's origins which are as much of a pastiche take on fairy tales as Top Ten is of cape-and-mask stories. As a result it gets a little... weird at times, but it's still good.

Smax marries his sister and everyone is okay with it because of cultural relativism. Let that determine if you want to read it or not.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sigma-X posted:

Is there some context that doesn't make this a bunch of random goofy poo poo and techno/time-gibberish?

It's Morrison, so no.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
doesn't he mean "neigh"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

Except don't bother with anything that ends with "...of kings"

Na, that's still alright, although on the low end.

But absolutely do not read Wraith.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

Lemme know if I need to circle anything in this.

Badass panel not withstanding, you can circle yourself right on out of the forum, tia

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

As best I can comprehend the pixelation, Carol Danvers is pissed because Black Panther thought about the Stay-Puft Galactus Man.

Meanwhile...

:ohdear:

Ed Brubaker's Velvet, issues one and two.

Velvet is so drat good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

KaosMachina posted:

See, the thing about Jenny Sparks here is that it feels like they imply she's some kind of one-person Planetary.

What the gently caress was even happening in that scene, she was travelling through devices, but only in short jumps?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It makes sense when there's 2 Thors running around (Ignoring Spider-Men, Hawkeyes and Wasps, and I guess now Hulks since She-Hulk dropped the "She")

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just grabbed all of Aaron's run, I already had the visonaries from the last big sale.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

:getin: Post your thoughts.

Simonsn's run is gorgeous and wonderful, I just finished it a few days ago. Won't start Aarron's for a hot minute as I'm going through *all* of Wolverine and then I have the Claremont/Davis Excalibur trades from the last big sale, too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Original title was "Pretty much just excessive violence"

But yes, I've read all of the current Thor run, I just didn't have it digitally, and since who knows when an omnibus will be made, this was a good time to grab the whole collection.

Really, I'm hurt here, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Shut up about anime.

Context: Darth Vader is trying to find the Jedi’s most secret files. Jedi archivist Jocasta Nu isn’t happy about it but is no match for him.

Darth Vader vol. 2 #9

What is it?

It's a blaster, Jocaster. A blaster that shoot lightsabers!