Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Haven't really read any Savage Dragon in probably a decade but if nothing else, gotta give Larsen a lot of credit for writing and drawing the book for forever. Also for seemingly continuously creating about an enormous amount of crazy bad guys always impressed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Pureauthor posted:

Also he's picking him up by his bare skin.

Every time I see that panel, as badass as it is, I cringe. Reminds me of a scene with Pyramidhead from the Silent Hill movie, too

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Pacra posted:

This was for a long time my first actual 'comic' - then I remember getting a few comics while I vacationing at the beach one year. One of them was Uncanny X-Men 300, art by JRJR.
I remember the cover vividly - it was one of those holographic style covers.

This issue is one of my all-time favorites as well. It also introduced (well, it was a couple issues prior but this solidified it) the idea of that goofy Bobby Drake as Iceman somehow being an Omega-level mutant and I've been fascinated since at the potential of him as a character and his powers.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

purple death ray posted:

Or the Morlock from the xmen cartoon who turns into a table so the xmen can eat Christmas dinner

I am unfamiliar with this and now must see it.

Edit: here's the write up of it, pretty amazing.
http://comicsalliance.com/the-x-men-episode-guide-4x12-have-yourself-a-morlock-little-x-mas/

My favorite part of this episode though is Omega-level mutant Jean Grey arguing with a Cajun who speaks in the 3rd person about her cooking abilities.
https://youtu.be/eGVMS_WBzJw

sticksy fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 28, 2017

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Dick Trauma posted:

I think she proved that she can cook just fine!

I'm sure there's tons I just am not aware if but has Phoenix had any/multiple awesome cosmic battles against Galactus? I could see him getting kinda pissed she just overcooked an entire solar system willy nilly that he could've chowed down on.

e: ok yeah, there's loads of them, most recently in Generations

sticksy fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 28, 2017

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

GPTribefan posted:

The worst part about that Atlantis Attacks one was the end. The serpent sons of Set come to that world and are depicted as eating everyone on the planet - shown by having legs dangling upside down out of their mouths. The Watcher then talks about how the serpents ate everyone and are moving to different dimensions AND OURS COULD BE NEXT!!!!!!!!!

I vividly recall this issue as a kid and looking back now, think it mildly traumatized me for how nihilistic it was.

e: What If #25... The Marvel Super Heroes Had Lost Atlantis Attacks? :

sticksy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 13, 2018

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I really liked the arcs of Loki trying to be a good person. And Mjolnir considering him worthy pleases me greatly.

That is pretty cool.

How many people in canon have been considered worthy? Thor, Loki, Cap, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, I'm sure a few more...?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Push El Burrito posted:

Thor hitchhiked across Canada with no problem but he met his end in Pennsylvania.

Prescient story to this:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/08/03/hitchhiking-robot-destroyed-philadelphia-ending-cross-country-trek/31051589/

USA Today posted:

A hitchhiking robot that successfully traveled around Germany, Canada and the Netherlands was destroyed Saturday in Philadelphia, just a few weeks into its U.S. journey.

"Sometimes bad things happen to good robots," the Canadian research team that created "hitchBOT" said in a statement.

The team received an image of the destroyed robot Saturday, but do not know who vandalized it, the Associated Press reported. The robot's battery is dead and the team cannot locate it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

No one is allowed to turn thirty in the MCU

They allowed it (briefly) for Cap!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What age was Professor X in the original Uncanny series? He seems like he's always been roughly 50ish while others verrryyyy slowly aged around him. Over 50 years.

I'm trying to think of a character who would benefit from aging in real-time.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mulva posted:

Hilariously? He might have been in his mid 30s when the series first started. He was drafted to Korea fairly young, and that was 1950. X-Men started in 63. Even if he was 25 that would still put him at 37 come the beginning of X-Men, and he was probably a little younger than that. The bald thing and hanging around with Magneto makes him seem older than he is.

I'm 37 and I think my hair is starting to thin...gently caress!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

Why do even people bother trying to be burglars in Gotham City

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

From House of X #4

This issue of HOX was awesome throughout.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ygolonac posted:

Fat Cobra Needs To Mentor Rockslide

habeasdorkus posted:

New thread title.

This.

How has Fat Cobra never had a solo ongoing series? Someone like Zdarksky could have a blast with him imo.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nessus posted:

My best guess is dadfeels for people who grew up thinking Wolverine is awesome and are now getting old enough to feel a little less invincible than they once did.

I never made this connection before reading this but I just turned 38 and now having lower back problems so it hits home.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

Look, if there's one thing comic people like to do it's make maps of their alternate realities:

I have to admit I do love this part of creating alternate realities and to be fair, Jonathan Hickman is really good at it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Elfface posted:

A deabeat dirtbag stage magician with a kid... was that Zatanna Gob Bluth?

!?!SEEB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nilbop posted:

It always bugged me that even at the time the Makers were being written as this unstoppable alien race far beyond our power whose return meant our certain doom, Hickman was also telling us about the Ivory Kings, an even more unstoppable alien race even farther beyond our power whose return meant our even more certain doom. Really took the stings and triumphs out of Infinity for me. It was impossible to stop looking past the crisis when we constantly got told how bad the next one would be.

Where were the Ivory Kings mentioned? I totally must've missed them somehow, as I always thought the Makers were the Biggest of Bads. Wonder if he was just setting them up for an "Infinity" like event down the line.