Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I want to go back to the Thor vs Iron Man page for a bit. I don't really agree with the interpretations I've read so far and the issue is probably my favorite single issue of a Thor comic (though to be fair I haven't been reading much in the last few years so I have missed a lot of good Thor comics).

The posted page doesn't really show it, but Thor wasn't exactly pissed about Civil War. I read his attitude as more like "what you did is stupid but I consider myself above it since it's already over."

He was mostly pissed for two reasons. One was because he felt personally betrayed by Tony using his hair to clone Ragnarok. He considered it a desecration of himself and their friendship. Also this was right after Asgard just appeared as a floating island in the midwest and Tony was kind of threatening their sovereignty by implying (or outright stating, I can't remember) that they would have to abide by the registration act as well or SHIELD would be showing up to fight. The pages that explain that aren't super interesting visually, so here's the page where Thor shoots Tony really hard and talks some real good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Here's the last missing page to the Cyclops sequence. Emma's bit in the last panel sells me on their relationship more than anything else in this, or any other, run.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Since people keep talking about that Quicksilver scene I'll throw in that the best part is the following page where Hawkeye is like "Hey Pietro, what are you standing around for, help me out you lazy butt." and Quicksilver just looks at him, sweat dripping from his face, with this great exasperated look.

Doesn't matter what universe it is, that's probably the most "Quicksilver" panel I can think of.