Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Villains wear lots of capes, though. And if you don't support the Registration, well, how are you different from Doctor Doom?

edit: Trick Question. There are none like Doom.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Bohemian Nights posted:

The sequel is terrible and should be avoided at all costs, though.

I sort of remembering that I liked the Offspring comic. I literally can't remember too much more other than that and bits of Son of Batman. Wasn't there a bit when they start using weapons on display in a Planet Krypton restaurant or am I misremembering that scene?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
God, is JJJ going to become Ultimate Punisher?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Eh I can see it handwaved away this time by saying that he did get it to absolute zero, just that the incorporeal magic negates it. But wouldn't the human torch like you know, cause a fusion reaction that creates a mini sun the moment he tries to hit that temp?

Semi-related, there was a New Mutants story in Asgard where all the characters were in enchanted iron shackles, no one could break them, but Rictor ended up doing it. I think he used an explanation of something like, "Yeah, the magic spell to make them unbreakable held, I just used my power to vibrate the iron itself into falling apart."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm just taking it as such a powerful punch combined with his arm getting pulled in from about 2 feet in front of the one guy's front to right into his right hip that it's a combo of being hit and being pulled-spun by the arm at the same time making him rotate hard.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
One theory is that close-fitting fabric gets a protected by an energy field generated by his supercells. Cape, on the other hand, is too far out for the energy field to extend and protect.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
On the subject of Cap waking up in the 'present': I've started to consider it's pretty fortunate for Cap that he missed a lot of the controversial eras of American history post-WWII depending on how long modern writers want to say he's been back around.

Using the MCU as a guidepost for waking up in 2011, he slept through Korea, Communist Witch Hunts, Kennedy, the Civil Rights movement, Vietnam, Watergate, Iran-Contra, First Gulf War, a couple of fuel crises, White House scandals, 9/11, the War on Terror, etc. He never had to pick a side or make a stand on those issues as they were ongoing.

If he'd aged normally into those eras, would he have remained the same person or would having to pick sides during those times, make a stand, becoming a figure of greater controversy, have changed him and the public's perception of his life's work and his person? Admitted, as a comic book character for the last nearly 60 years since he was awoken HAS likely dealt with all these issues to some degree.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

I don't have the panels, but I'm reminded of one of the cooler Rogue moments. This was early 90s. The team was fighting Nimrod and getting plastered. First, because she gets knocked out, Rogue absorbs Kitty Pride's powers (as well as her nerd analytical background voice) but then things get serious time, so with Kitty's smarts, she comes up with a plan, and grabs both Colossus' and Nightcrawler's powers. She then bamfs in, grabs Nimrod's arm, and teleports away with JUST that piece of him, tearing him apart.

There is a similar issue back in the 80s X-Men era where Warlock's father has come to Earth looking for him and ends up fighting I think Rogue, Colossus and Nightcrawler.

Anyway, I think the fight ends up going that he tries to techmode Colossus, but can't because something about his organic-metal body is somewhat resistant to it. Rogue tries to absorb his powers, but they end up just partially screwing her up for a short time and make her into a Warlock-thing instead. Nightcrawler finally attempt to grab a piece of him and teleport just a chunk of him away and it surprisingly works enough to end the fight in a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

site posted:

Sounds like a Ghostbusters/Batman crossover waiting to happen to me

Batman/Ghostbusters: The Ghost of the Demon
Every time Ra's al Ghul dies, he returns resurrected from the Lazarus Pit. However, a part of his soul is lost each time he comes back from the dead to his physical body. Now after so many rebirths, those fractions of his soul have coalesced into a ghostly Ra's with a more corrupted vision of saving the world. Uneasy with the paranormal and besieged by his own self, Batman and Ra's call in the experts in the field to stave off the extinction of all life on the planet.