Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I interpreted it as one brave step that deserves another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cornwind Evil posted:

Risk. That was technically two years later in a completely different crisis crossover, but yeah. The worst part for that poor guy was that first he got his arm ripped off, then he ended up on a villain team as 'the world's first white trash supervillain', then he confronted Prime again and lost the other arm....and that was his last appearance ever; he never appeared again in anything else or even got a background mention, and probably got erased with the Flashpoint reboot. Poor bastard.

I honestly hoped they would go full Black Knight on him, eventually having his head in a jar ineffectively ramming against Prime.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

Good for you. Have a cookie. I reread it a few years after the series completed and in the back quarter there is a noticeable shift as the imagery becomes less imaginative and Ellis/Cassidy rush to a conclusion.

It was a nice idea, but they basically did absolutely nothing with it. If they weren't obviously trying to tie up all their loose ends they probably could have done something cool with it, but, well...

Still, I do love that last issue.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 23, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Say Nothing posted:

Terry is Batman's son, via some genetic manipulation by Amanda Waller. He was bred to be the next Batman.

Still better than what they originally had planned.

http://jl.toonzone.net/episode50/episode50.htm

As much as I love Batman Beyond, looking back there was a sense that they were throwing everything against the wall and seeing if it stuck.

At least they dropped the whole "Bruce and Barbara" pairing.

Which, last time I heard, the Batman Beyond 2.0 comics not only picked it back up, but doubled down on it :cripes:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Nevermind, I don't want to derail things more than they have been derailed.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 24, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Archyduke posted:

There's a panel in an old golden age Starman strip where he's punching a guy in the throat and saying "looks like I've turned your Adam's apple... into apple-sauce!" which is probably the most horrifying thing I've ever read.

Nah, he didn't do that.

He kicked a chair into his throat.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Parahexavoctal posted:

Last week I read the trade of Mark Millar's Nemesis, alternately described as "what if Batman was the Joker" and "what if Batman was a oval office".

How I wish you were right.

(Although the scene where the President of the United States decides to go out as a suicide bomber instead of a hostage in a 'KILL EITHER YOUR WIFE OR THE PRESIDENT' dilemma is pretty badass.)

Didn't that comic have a scene where said character got a woman pregnant with her brother's child, and 'rigged' her womb so if she aborted the incest baby, she will never have children again?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

That was one thing I did like about Mr. Freeze in Arkham City. He's really sympathetic until the instant Batman refuses to do exactly what he wants, at which point he holds Batman hostage and you realize "oh yeah this guy is a supreme rear end in a top hat." Batman kicks his rear end and Freeze becomes co-operative again, but there's never a sense afterwards that he's a decent person just because his motivations are valid.

You left out the part where, before the part you mention, Batman was basically torturing Mr. Freeze for info. This is while Mr. Freeze was being held captive by someone else and was absolutely no threat to him.

I mean, yes, Batman was having a REALLY lovely day, and I think he did free him from captivity afterwards, but don't pretend there wasn't a little bit of turnabout.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 26, 2016

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there an easy way to get at the Marvel Conan comics? Like, is it on their unlimited service or comixology?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Badass Panels: Pretty much just arguing about Garth Ennis

Can someone please post a page of Thor punching Galactus in the dick or something?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am pretty sure that Trump could reenact the Sniper scene from The Dead Zone and Sean Hannity would say that baby totally should feel proud for being our President's shield.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought at the end of the story that resurrected Kraven Peter was all ready to kill him but he was stopped by someone who had gained future sight saying that killing him would lead to Peter becoming Kraven, except worse.

I think there was a What If that went into exactly this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if anyone in the Marvel universe has caught on that when Spider-man stops making jokes, either something is seriously wrong or it is time to run. Likely both.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought that Ben was always originally against going out in the rocket exactly because of the shielding issues. The only reason he did agree to it was that Sue called him a coward. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Toshimo posted:

The whole sequence is actually pretty good.

Avengers vs. X-Men #9 (2012)

drat, the punch (and the face caving in) in the last panel of page 5 is just gnarly