Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Toxxupation posted:

Oh jeez they associate themselves with a goon?

Willingly?

History's Greatest Monster Chris Sims too. Their depravity knows no bounds.

Oh, and Elle Collins will be there too this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pat Mustard posted:

Are the six issues of Captain America Reborn the end of the Brubaker/Captain America stuff or is there more?

There's more. They launched a new Cap series and I believe he stuck around for 12 issues.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There's more. They launched a new Cap series and I believe he stuck around for 12 issues.

Cheers! I will investigate further.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
There's a couple more trades of BuckyCap after Reborn, too.

The stuff after Steve takes the suit back is... not great.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

I'm happy to see people recommending Journey into Misery. Kieran and Helena are genuinely good folks.

Fun fact: they make a trip to the US once a year explicitly to watch a three-day indie wrestling show. And they're right to do so because King of Trios is the poo poo and they get to hang out with me.

Can I hang out with you?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At this rate, Gavok will definitely get to write a Venom book within the next 3 years.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Who are the successful and/or good characters created in the 2000's?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

Maverick.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Silk, Ms. Marvel, Damian Wayne, Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Bluebird, Young Loki, Gwenpool, The Maker, Singularity (from A-Force)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SonicRulez posted:

Depends if you mean "2000s ending in 2009/2010" (which would knock out Miles Morales and Ms Marvel (E: Kamala Khan), amongst others), or if you mean since 2000.

I'd add Jessica Jones to the above list either way.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 15, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

Silk, Ms. Marvel, Damian Wayne, Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Bluebird, Young Loki, Gwenpool, The Maker, Singularity (from A-Force)

An alternate version of Spider-man doesn't count.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rhyno posted:

An alternate version of Spider-man doesn't count.

What about Superior?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Depends if you mean "2000s ending in 2009/2010" (which would knock out Miles Morales and Ms Marvel, amongst others), or if you mean since 2000.

I'd add Jessica Jones to the above list either way.

Since 2000. Took me a couple of re-reads to realize you meant Kamala and not Carol. I also add J. Jones and Laura to Toxx's list.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CzarChasm posted:

What about Superior?

Did Dan Slott create Otto Octavious? He repurposed an existing character.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Would DC's Frankenstein count? He's not really the same guy from Creature Commandos, right?

I love Frankenstein.

e: Or would we have to take him back to Mary Shelly?
If so, President Corndog Girl.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 15, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Amadeus Cho!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Would FosThor or Spider-Gwen, two people who had previously never been a superhero becoming superheroes count? Because then both of those.

Also all the Runaways and Phyla-Vell.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

Can I hang out with you?

Sure!

SonicRulez posted:

Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Noh-Varr Marvel Boy, Sentry, the Hood, Amadeus Cho.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh, since 2000 is way easier than 2000-2010.

Jaime Reyes, Sam Alexander, Wiccan, Hulkling, Kate Hawkeye, Noh-Varr, Nico Minoru, X-23, Ms. Martian, Jessica Jones, Fantomex, Blue Marvel, and maybe a provisional nod to Jon Kent? He seems cool.

Also the entire casts of Invincible and Walking Dead, also Kick-rear end, I guess that's successful.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

He said good not greatest.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Barracuda deserves a mention too.

Motherfucker.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CapnAndy posted:

Also the entire casts of Invincible and Walking Dead, also Kick-rear end, I guess that's successful.

Hit Girl is a pretty great character regardless of your opinion on Kick-rear end as a whole.

Wait, poo poo, when did Runaways start? Because if it was 2000 on I nominate all of them.

America Chavez too.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Skwirl posted:

Hit Girl is a pretty great character regardless of your opinion on Kick-rear end as a whole.

This will need some justification.

Popular, sure. But qualitatively good? Uh.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Toxxupation posted:

This will need some justification.

Popular, sure. But qualitatively good? Uh.

I like Chloe Moretz performance in the film.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Fat Cobra and Prince of Orphans in particular have actually had some development but all of the immortal weapons are also top tier 2000s characters

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mover posted:

Fat Cobra and Prince of Orphans in particular have actually had some development but all of the immortal weapons are also top tier 2000s characters

Prince of Orphans is based on a character from the 30's, Amazing Man.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Tommy Monaghan from Hitman more or less qualifies. Yeah, he briefly appeared in the early 90s, but he wasn't really a thing until Ennis started writing Hitman in 2009. The book wasn't a runaway success, but it was pretty drat good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
More good characters:

Robbie Reyes (the All-New all-canceled Ghost Rider), would Flash Thompson Venom count? I mean, he's still Venom, but he's a different guy. Quentin Quire, Fantomex, Evan Sabahnur (Kid Apocalypse), Motherfucking ROCKSLIDE.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ecavalli posted:

Tommy Monaghan from Hitman more or less qualifies. Yeah, he briefly appeared in the early 90s, but he wasn't really a thing until Ennis started writing Hitman in 2009. The book wasn't a runaway success, but it was pretty drat good.

Dude, the Hitman series was from the 90's.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ghostlight posted:

That's what I love about time displaced X-Men, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

"In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes. So death created time to grow the things that it would kill... and you are reborn but into the same life that you've always been born into. I mean, how many times have we had this conversation, detectives? Well, who knows? When you can't remember your lives, you can't change your lives, and that is the terrible and the secret fate of all life. You're trapped... like a nightmare you keep waking up into. "

Beasts dialogue from Hickman's New Avengers or Detective Chole from True Detective Season 1?
U-Decide!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SonicRulez posted:

Modern Batwoman

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

"In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes. So death created time to grow the things that it would kill... and you are reborn but into the same life that you've always been born into. I mean, how many times have we had this conversation, detectives? Well, who knows? When you can't remember your lives, you can't change your lives, and that is the terrible and the secret fate of all life. You're trapped... like a nightmare you keep waking up into. "

Beasts dialogue from Hickman's New Avengers or Detective Chole from True Detective Season 1?
U-Decide!

I was gonna go with "really weird dark Lincoln commercial"

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

ecavalli posted:

The Hitman series started in 1996, you're probably confused because they started reprinting the trades in 2009.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think you gotta count the Winter Soldier, even though Bucky himself dates back to the 40s. Without Brubaker in the early 2000s he'd have stayed as "oh hey, Captain America used to have a kid sidekick, man the golden age was wacky" trivia and not the actual character he became.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Goldballs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Goldballs.

That guy's a legend!

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
Uh, we all know the best new character created is Champagne Robot.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
The entirity of Umbrella Academy, the cast of Saga, Damian Wayne, Batgirl (Stephanie Brown), Ms. Marvel, The Question (Renee Montoya).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What was the significance of the birth certificate at the end of the latest Injustice it just said Alfred Thadeus Crane Pennisworth Not sure what that means or rather the ending or what they're talking about.