Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WickedHate posted:

I haven't followed wrestling since I was in Jr. High, but Roman Reigns has like, a really cool name.

Better than his previous name of "Leakee."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gavok posted:

Much like with Roman Reigns, I'm far more interested in his violent-scumbag-with-a-heart-of-gold friend.

Oh man. Cast Dean Ambrose as Guy Gardner!

And Roman as Hal and Seth as Sinestro. It all makes sense.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

I don't know if Tomar-Re ever has met Superman. Although if you wanna talk true responsibility, it was actually masterminded by Despair of the Endless because he figured a planet's lone survivor would result in the ultimate :smith:.

The kryptons were to blame as they refused to ask for help. The lanterns would have had no way of knowing that the planet was about to blow up up. Compared to John who was responsible for the destruction of the planet.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was making a joke yall, I am aware they are not completely identical events.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Tomar had been doing his job he'd have been aware that poo poo was going down on Krypton. And if memory serves he and Hal took Clark to the remains of Krypton back in the 80's in an issue drawn by Mike Mignola.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Abin Sur also didn't save the Martians. These guys are the worst space cops ever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martians were killed by other Martians. That's a domestic issue.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Is that how GL jurisdiction breaks down? The crime has to cross state interstellar lines for the Feds GLs to get involved?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Then internal affairs needs to crack down on the earth GLs fighting earth crime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The GLC rules change from writer to writer. Often times it's like the Prime Directive but the Earth GLs interfere all the time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

Then internal affairs needs to crack down on the earth GLs fighting earth crime.

This was a major part of the classic green arrow green lantern storyline

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

This was a major part of the classic green arrow green lantern storyline

Well, poo poo, maybe I should read it. I always figured it was summed up by the page with the black guy admonishing Hal and "MY WARD IS A JUNKIE!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SonicRulez posted:

Tomar's existed for 50 years. I refuse to believe he's never met Superman. It's Superman. People who aren't even in the DC Universe have met Superman.

There was fourteen years between the Superman story in 1972, and the Green Lantern story where Tomar Re is killed by loving Goldface of all people in 1986. Tomar Tu is the modern beak man.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That's nuts. The biggest name in the universe has not met a named character at the heart of his origin story? I mean I can understand if they weren't buddies, but I would think that Tomar would at least offer him an apology. Awkward nod? Tell Hal to tell him that he was this close?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I believe this is the issue where Superman is taken to Krypton by Hal and learns that a GL did nothing to save it. But it's from 1988 so it must have just been Hal telling him

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Martians were killed by other Martians. That's a domestic issue.

Also I believe that they've had J'onn be time displaced too so the Martian wars stuff happened far in the past.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I believe this is the issue where Superman is taken to Krypton by Hal and learns that a GL did nothing to save it. But it's from 1988 so it must have just been Hal telling him

The art here is terrible but I love Post-Crisis Krypton and their bubblewrap lined headsock fashion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Guardians altered Martians and accidentally created Burning Martians in an attempt to create peace keepers.

WickedHate posted:

The art here is terrible but I love Post-Crisis Krypton and their bubblewrap lined headsock fashion.

Woman you did not say Mike Mignola art is terrible.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Woman you did not say Mike Mignola art is terrible.

I'm more self aware than people think. I can usually tell when something I'm about to post might not go over well. When I looked at that terrible, terrible cover, with oversized infant Superman and his potato faced parents, "this is an opinion I will get poo poo for" did not cross my mind for one second.

This is the Hellboy guy, right? I've seen stuff of his I like before but this must have been an off day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

I'm more self aware than people think. I can usually tell when something I'm about to post might not go over well. When I looked at that terrible, terrible cover, with oversized infant Superman and his potato faced parents, "this is an opinion I will get poo poo for" did not cross my mind for one second.

This is the Hellboy guy, right? I've seen stuff of his I like before but this must have been an off day.

WOMAN.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

An oversized infant is just called an adult.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

You know what, fair enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I thought the agreed upon term was a "Slott." Did we change our collective minds?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

This is the Hellboy guy, right?

Mods?????

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Why does anyone bother responding? Just wait it out for WickedHate to get banned again and use ignore tactics until then.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

He's the guy that apes Frank Miller a lot. Bring it on goons.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

Why does anyone bother responding? Just wait it out for WickedHate to get banned again and use ignore tactics until then.

Sometimes I get the feeling you don't like me, and that just doesn't make sense, my natural charisma is too irresistible. Must be a mod thing.

Madkal posted:

He's the guy that apes Frank Miller a lot. Bring it on goons.

Frank Miller has a pretty good style if he'd stick to books that are less mainstream and not push his weird looking stuff in "normal" books. Mignola is likewise best when doing creepy stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

WickedHate posted:

I'm more self aware than people think. .

This might be true, so take some advice and the next time you write something that you know people will take offense about, don't post it, especially if it's about the sexualization of children.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Much like with Roman Reigns, I'm far more interested in his violent-scumbag-with-a-heart-of-gold friend.

Oh man. Cast Dean Ambrose as Guy Gardner!

Yeah, that's something close to perfect casting.

EDIT: *sigh* Agreeing with WickedHate here. I had to look twice to see if I was reading that ugly cover was by Mignola.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 4, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd totally okay with Guy being cast on Arrow/Flash/LoT or SOMETHING.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Mignola is great but that cover is bad.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Yeah, not to disrupt the traditional WickedHate pile-on, but there's nothing defensible about that cover.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

I don't know if Tomar-Re ever has met Superman. Although if you wanna talk true responsibility, it was actually masterminded by Despair of the Endless because he figured a planet's lone survivor would result in the ultimate :smith:.

There was a story in the Adventures of Superman digital comic thingy where a different lantern was the one who failed to save Krypton and he was a complete mess and when he met Superman he was like "Ok dude, you gotta punch my head off, that'll make it even"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

I'd totally okay with Guy being cast on Arrow/Flash/LoT or SOMETHING.

As long as it's this dude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He'd fit in great on the Flash since he can't fight either.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What is the origin of the "GOD COMICS: Hitler Crucified My Son!" comic cover? Who created it? Did they make a whole parody story or just a cover?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The computer says it was a centrefold in Savage Dragon #31.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

When it comes to comic sales is there a number that would make a comic "safe"? If there is what would you estimate that number to be? Or is there more than just sales numbers that gets a comic cancelled?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ultragonk posted:

When it comes to comic sales is there a number that would make a comic "safe"? If there is what would you estimate that number to be? Or is there more than just sales numbers that gets a comic cancelled?

If the publisher is a really big fan, that can keep a comic going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ultragonk posted:

This heavily depends on the publisher, and direct sales are only a portion of the puzzle. For Marvel and DC, 15k is about the cutoff number, though books that sell well in trades or digitally might be let continue. Or might not.