Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In recent non superhero stuff, Lumberjanes and Rat Queens has some pretty :3: queer content. (Rat Queens also has the usual guts come out stuff for a sword and sorcery book)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Noh-Varr is half insect, so any pairing with him is bestiality.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Help there's a bestiality apologist talking to me!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's still a little weird to imagine someone shapeshifting a dick out of nowhere just to experiment in the bedroom.

Pfft and you call yourself a comic book fan.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I havent read X-Men in ages but now you're telling me that Mystique grew functional gonads and then impregnated Xavier with their child? Uhm.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Guide to reading comics:

Open comic/preview, read a few pages. Does it interest you? Buy comic. Did you want to read more? Why? Writing: Look up the writer's work. Artwork: Look up artist's work. Stop reading if art/writing changes to the point you're not enjoying it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait what's Avengers 200...

quote:

Avengers Vol 1 200 - Marvel Comics Database
marvel.wikia.com/Avengers_Vol_1_200
Ms. Marvel undergoes a nine-month gestation period in the span of a few days, completely unaware...

AAAAAAAGGHGHAHHBHAHHBH

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought he was completely dead after his Astonishing appearance. But I dont really care. Fixing poor story outcomes by completely ignoring them works! :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Nextwave. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if he uses his magic ring to make a giant hand.

Holding a giant gun?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did they at least make green hands to pull the triggers with?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes this Doctorate is legitimate. Why? Just because I, DOOM, granted it to myself from Latveria U, where I am also dean?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

COMPUTEEEER GRAPHIIIICS

Thank god we're over that and no one ever used a computer ever again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ecavalli posted:

Oh, gently caress off.

She was literally in a prison in Europe. Your nationalist chest-thumping is unnecessary and annoying. Don't we get enough of that poo poo outside of our comic book threads?

Maybe if America didnt have such terrible health care options. Also the devil buying marriages.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

By the holy rood!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

If you read too much X-Men, Claremontisms will own you body and soul, now and forever.

Fixed that for you.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're working with stuff that's been translated. Looking back at his stuff now it's really odd.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Phylodox posted:

At least, as Skwirl pointed out, Chris Claremont of all people came to the rescue in Avengers Annual #10 and had Captain Marvel call everyone out on that bullshit.

She only called out the characters, she didnt address the writer directly :v

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That doesnt stop him from being 100% correct.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I escaped most superdelayed series. The only ones that I remember sticking out are The Twelve and then Ultimate Wolverine/Hulk.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god where the gently caress is Prophet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There are no mutants anymore remember?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

toanoradian posted:

So Daredevil himself made his baton, right? Has he made any 'trick batons', so to speak? Also, that's not a bad construction for a blind man who is known for his law knowledge instead of engineering prowess. Does Daredevil make anything else?

His own costumes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey was there was a storyline in 90s Captain America when he fights a bunch of super-feminists and gets captured and put in a tube to be turned into Miss Captain America or did I just dream this whole thing up?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh good. I wasnt crazy.

I mean... bad. This was written.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Quite a few books ended pretty decently. Then theres ones I dont care about, one or two stinkers. Dont think I've been disappointed yet, but yeah, Thors was a 180 in the direction for the last issue.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Her power is having babies with a robot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And if Days of Future Past a Sentinel scorched him til he was just a skeleton, something he stupidly is able to recover from these days.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god that webline is attached to the ground they're going to die

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This A stands for Adolf!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Travis343 posted:

What's the one where he has an empty box with the Wonder Woman logo on it, because "Wonder Woman doesn't have a Kryptonite"?

Isnt her kryptonite really dumb though like "Weld her bracers together"?!? or "Tie her up with her own lasso"?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah I forgot they had Hal as Specter for awhile.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

site posted:

I have no idea tbh. I only started reading Harley with the current series.

Only thing that Harley needs is that she's BFFs with Ivy forever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he forgot the ring

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

now he's a secret nazi :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

As for my question, I remember during Mark Millar's Spider-man run where he is going through his stuff and finds a photo of his past and says "Ben Reilly. God rest his soul."

Wouldnt he just look at the photo and go 'Huh, I dont remember dressing like this.'? :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus you do not want to know the answer to that.

Its hilarious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think Ben's still stuck on the Secret Wars planet because he can shift forms freely there. Johnny decides to try dating Alicia because he's a jerk!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats not Ultron thats just one of his offspring.

I think Ultron single digits wanted to be good then got killed by the next iteration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The burger survived the end of a universe.