Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
Infinite comics are designed-for-digital comics that use various animated screen transitions, overlapping panels and other stuff you can't easily do on paper. They are generally half the length and price of a regular comic book. Some of them have been released in modified form on paper with two digital issues in one paper issue. I don't know if it's the originals or these compilations that have been added to Unlimited.

(I haven't read a lot of Infinite comics but I can recommend X-Men '92. It's a Secret War tie-in mini that is going to become an ongoing series in March.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000

Uthor posted:

Do you know if the ongoing is going to be an infinite comic or a regular one? If regular, I'll add it to my pull list. If infinite, going 100% digital as that was one of the best infinite comics Marvel has done.
I honestly don't know. I tried googling, but I can only find other people asking the same question. I hope so. I do like the new artist, she did the beautiful Star-Lord and Kitty Pride during Secret Wars.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
If you care about the Fantastic Four I can recommend Baxter Building by Jeff Lester and Graeme McMillan. They read a dozen issues of Fantastic Four every month starting from #1 and talk about them. Not as polished and concise as J&M, but quite entertaining.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
On that note, Deadpool v Gambit by Acker and Blacker is also a good mini by comedy writers.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Both companies pursue a "throw lots of stuff at the wall and see what sticks" strategy, because much like the movie studios they have very little idea how to tell if a book will sell before they try it. Three-quarters of the books being cancelled after a year is the expected result.