Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Aphrodite posted:

Where is Nick Fury right now anyway?

He's going to be one of the main characters in this year's event Original Sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Bendis said he'll explain how Starlord escaped in the Guardians of the Galaxy Original Sin tie in issues.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Soonmot posted:

Well, I think Reed and Sue are the only Marvel marriage now. Spidey sold his to the devil, Storm and Panther split during AvX, Mockingbird was a skrull when she marries/divorced Hawkeye. I can't think of any other Marvel marriages. Maybe Kazaar and Shana? Black Bolt and Medusa?

Cap Britain and Megan.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
If Beast could work out a cure I'm sure one of the many evil scientists could work one out too.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Michael Bay's Transformers Vs Avengers would be the ultimate summer blockbuster and I cannot even fathom how much money it would make.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
There's Shang Chi's dad, Dr. Fu Manchu, who I don't believe Marvel can use.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Lurdiak posted:

Bendis' run was bad and forgettable. Get pretty much any other run. The Huston/Finch run from 2006 is a great place to start, really.

I quite liked the Bendis/Maleev run, the run to really avoid is Hurwitz's Vengeance of the Moon Knight.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Whatever happened to the Green Lantern Simon Baz?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

WickedHate posted:

They should have stuck to Kyle and never brought Hal back.

I wonder if somewhere there is someone who think this but with Simon instead of Kyle. I remember DC making a pretty big deal of him but then he just vanished, he must have made a lasting impact with some people.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Maybe he assumed the gun would be effective, like that guy in Superman Returns who tries to shoot Superman in the eye.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I know that Captain Britain has a PhD in physics but thankfully he doesn't call himself Doctor Braddock, or Doctor Britain.

Edit: Thinking about it, Faiza Hussain, the Captain Britain of Secret Wars is a medical Doctor.

Starsnostars fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 29, 2015

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Aphrodite posted:

The Elsa in the Secret Wars Marvel Zombies stuff seems to be the Nextwave Elsa.

I think that's more because Si Spurrier writes characters in a similar way to Ellis.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

WickedHate posted:

Cole was the best and Wild Force was the best season ever. :colbert:

Nah that guy's list was solid with Cole so low down and best series Time Force's Wes and Eric high up the list.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I always wished Marvel Zombies had featured more classic zombies so we could have has a visor-less Cyclops shambling about slowing starving to death because his eye beams destroyed anyone close enough he could have eaten.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I always like when street level villains don't actually want the heroes dead because the villains know they'll need them on days when the sun decides to explode or something.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I don't remember his comics counterpart but there was a guy in the Flash tv show whose powers where eye beams.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Has Doctor Strange ever interacted with Merlyn?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I've always liked The Green Goblin's glider, specifically when it looks close to how it does in the 90s cartoon, purple with a face on the front.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Aphrodite posted:

What about really heavy rain?

Aquaman would be better if he powered up in the rain like the Deep Sea King from One Punch Man.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Gregg Hurwitz is another.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Venom has been a hero for quite a few years now although the new upcoming series makes it seem like that's not sticking.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I saw that Black Swan was on the cover of a recent Thor book. What was she up to in the book? I'm surprised to see her stick around after Secret Wars wrapped up.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Brofessor Slayton posted:

If I remember right the plan was to have her end up in victorian England, where Jack The Ripper was Carnage.

No idea how they'd do that when Carnage wasn't allowed to kill or even actually injure anyone. Ah, 90s cartoons.

I hope the plan was to have Carnage's voice actor attempt an English accent.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So I just finished the second trade of Back Hammer, it seems that the volume 3 trade is out next month but there are also lots of trades "from the world of Black Hammer". Are any of those essential or worth getting if I've enjoyed the first to volumes?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

ecavalli posted:

Who is the artist behind this glorious image?

It's Kev Walker.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Angry Salami posted:

Has Apocalypse ever really interacted with the non-mutant side of the Marvel universe? It seems like Magneto’s generally the only X-men foe who also gets to cross paths with the Avengers and the rest...

An alt reality Apocalypse showed up in the Bendis Avengers arc where Noh-Varr joins the team but didn't stick around for long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm sure the answer differs across comics, cartoons, film and videogames but why did Harry Osborn attend a regular highschool with Peter rather than some rich boy school?