Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

But to answer your question, no, if you didn't like the first two volumes, you probably won't like the rest.

I would agree with this.

The second volume is Probably my favourite and I love the series so if your not on board at that point you most likely never will be...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
The biggest downside to WWH was the stupid loving reveal that It was agents of the Red King that planted a bomb in the ship and Miek knew but let it go off because of stupid reasons. It would have been so much better if it was a accident that Stark and co were responsible for instead of the stupid cop-out easy resolution we got.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Why would having a good guy be accidentally responsible for something horrifying like that be better? Did you learn nothing from Civil War?

My bad I didn't fully explain what I meant.

Instead of a bomb and Miek being part of for a fairly stupid reason, it just makes sense to me for the ship to have a self-destruct.
Which makes total sense since they planning to leave him stranded on a random planet, why then leave him with a working spaceship.
As far as they knew the Hulk would be on his own and even if he was sat in the ship when it blew he would be fine.

It's not like they knew the ship would be in the centre of a alien town.
(If anything I'm just annoyed about how bloody stupid the Miek stuff was.

Anyway to ask a question considering it seems to be a piece of cake to travel through space in the Marvel universe has there ever been a case of anyone planning a colony or is the same as everyone ignoring all the world changing super science?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 6, 2014

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Unmature posted:

Is House of M worth reading?

I re-read it recently and it's ok but then I'm really into alternate reality nonsense.

The Doom/Fantastic Four mini is great fun at the very least.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered but what in the gently caress happened to Peter Parker & Mary-Jane's kid that just disappeared in the 90's.
I only found out about it due to Spider-Girl years ago and as I understand it Mary-Jane & Peter have a kid, Osbourne has her kidnapped then....? Nobody ever gives a poo poo about it again?

Like I said I never read the original issues and only know about it due to Spider-Girl where she turned up fine.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Wait so they re-conned it so that Norman just had Mary Jane poisoned and that killed her child or he had the kid taken but it died? or it might still be out there?
I can't even tell what might the truth due to the muddled storyline.

You'd think any of those would be enough to have Parker think gently caress it and just kill Osborne.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
I recently started reading the Uncanny X-Men from #1 and to my surprise I really like it.

It got me thinking I've always liked the X-Men but there's massive gaps in what I've read of them.
So I thought I'm already at the start why not just keep reading till the modern day?
I know this is a path to madness but gently caress it I'll give it a go.

So is there a good reading list out there for the X-Men and all it's spin-off series' and the one offs and the flashbacks?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
^ cheers guys.
It was listening to the Rachel & Miles podcast that had me read the first issues in the first place.

zoux posted:

If you're doing it through Unlimited it won't work as they barely have any of the New Mutants or X-Factor, and there are significant gaps in UXM as well.

That's a bit of a downer, especially since the fact that I haven't read any New Mutants or original X-Factor was a big part in me thinking about just this daft idea in the first place.

But to be honest I'm at the rate I'm going I won't be a the 80's for a year or two. So I can live in hope that they'll be up by then. (Hopefully)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
^ There a reason why there's little to no chance of New Mutants/X-factor turning up or is Marvel just not bothered about them?

I'm not a massive fan of 60's/70's comics dialogue in general but foe some reason these have grabbed me.
It might just be the old style wackiness but I'm really liking them, even if professor X can be a massive cock most of the time and Magneto is like something out of the 60's Batman show.

Morrison's X-Men is pretty much where I started with the X-Men comics. I'm from the UK and didn't really get into "superhero" comics until I was fifteen and started picking stuff up from my city's comic book shop at mostly random and luckily for me that was during the Morrison run.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 30, 2015