Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Squizzle posted:

He attends the Grammies and takes complete control of Jethro Tull.

This, I like this :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If you told me that Ender's Game thought Hitler was right, then I'd assume you were talking about Ender's brother and sister.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I was reading through New 52 Supergirl recently, and at the end of issue 34 Cyborg Superman Zor-El and Brainiacs appear over earth threatening doom. Then the next issue is some bullshit with jason todd and the Brainiac invasion is completely dropped and never referred to ever again. What the gently caress happened?

Along those same lines, what the gently caress was up with the Gen13 tease at the end of issue 33?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Threep posted:

34 was a random Doomed tie-in and resolved in that

Well gee, I'm really glad they mentioned that in the issue, or maybe it just got left out of the version included in the trade.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Black Knight is the successor to a 60s villain of the same name who restored the legacy of the lineage of dark knights going back to the court of king arthur, heroic knights who wield a dark cursed sword and protect the world from the shadows, and the reason he isn't high profile is because of this unfortunate phase in the 90s:

He had a lightsaber, so I thought he was cool :shobon:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Didn't Falcon run for Congress at one point?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lightning Lord posted:

He's usually a Thor villain, and in the comics he's not any sort of force of nature or celestial, although he still has massive power. He's a scientist who somehow merged himself with his home world when the sun was going to go nova. He's also never really had a human avatar. That might all change in response to the movie though.

He did grow himself a body in Ultimates 2

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

And that they're running this event during the centennial of Jack "I'ma personally kick the everfucking poo poo out of any Nazi I come across" Kirby is especially galling.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

He's a toaster!

But does he have a plan?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Skwirl posted:

His true form is Cat Thor.

I'm more partial to Squirrel-Head Loki.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

site posted:

that supergirl: being super au book had her in middle school or something right?

High school, and it very definitely was not a kids book.

SonicRulez posted:

Does DC currently have some books aimed at kids? I have a pretty young girl who wants more Supergirl.

If she likes the TV show there was the tie-in series The Adventures of Supergirl that DC published during the back half of the first season. It wasn't aimed at kids, but it held pretty close to the tone of the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Young Jean had a premonition that the Phoenix was coming back, so she ran around getting advice on how to fight it while being haunted by the ghost of old Jean. The Phoenix showed up roasted new Jean, and brought old Jean back from the dead to be its host. Old Jean told the Phoenix to take a hike and young Jean fought her way out of the White Hot Room. So now they're both alive and living in roughly the same time and space.

Simultaneously Young Jean went on a time travel escapade with the rest of the O5, and they all have Venom symbiotes at the moment.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

What's up with this pelican in All New Wolverine?

Home is where your pelican statue is.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That doesn't make her not rich.

She can't even afford the $200 for her PI license

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Loeb did add the wrinkle that Kara is technically older than Kal, and the whole "pod got knocked off course" thing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Archyduke posted:

As for the Last Days branded stuff, I don't know, generally the series that were strong beforehand ended on strong notes. Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers and Ms. Marvel were the standouts that I recall.

That Ms. Marvel Last Days was so very good.

Star Lord and Kitty Pride was a ton of fun, and Renew Your Vows was good, even if the setting was overly dystopic.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ecavalli posted:

There's a reason why nobody painted Cap as a Nazi prior to Spencer.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I really liked KSD's run until she went to space (so, like 2 arcs I guess). Frankly I don't know why they keep trying to push this angle with her in space. I know that her origin is tied to the Kree, but that doesn't mean she has to deal with aliens/space poo poo all the time.

I guess she does for a while now though, since we know her movie's plot and Marvel does like to at least match the MCU status quo for a bit.

See, I'm going to say the opposite, i enjoyed the stuff in space more than the Earthbound stories because I enjoyed Lopez's art way more than anyone who worked on the first KSD volume, and the amnesia storyline was dumb as all get out (and promptly ignored). Is the Carol Danvers in space stuff good? I'd say it's more okay, but it did lead to that Guardians of the Galaxy annual where Captain Marvel and the Guardians find the Shield LMD's fighting a forever war against Skrull holdouts. Honestly I think the best KSD Captain Marvel is that two issue arc of Avenging Spider-Man.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think it's both, Bruno scienced together her costume, but she also ran around looking exactly like Carol down to the Ms. Marvel swimsuit when she first got her powers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I remember they did a storyline where Supergirl tried to cure cancer, how did that turn out?

My vague recollection is the kid died, but not before Kara screwed up a bunch of stuff trying to save him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

It's interesting, I can't think of a female hero that has a love interest that isn't either A) a woman or B) a male super. And the list for female villains is basically the same. Either that or the answer is C) Nobody. Someone can prove me wrong, but I can't think of a single female (hero or villain) character who is slumming it with Ted in accounting.

Jessica Drew and Roger Gocking? Sure he isn't Ted from accounting, but being the Porcupine isn't that much of a step up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CityMidnightJunky posted:

How exactly did Squirrel Girl beat up Thanos anyway? No one ever explains that part when they bring it up.

If that fight happened today, Nancy would talk Thanos down through their shared love of crafting.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Vincent posted:

Aside from him, Namor, Bucky, Cap and The Human Torch, are there any other golden age marvel (or atlas) comic super hero running around in the current continuity?

Does Patsy Walker count?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lobok posted:

Edit: beaten to it. This is what I get for leaving the reply window open and playing with my dog. Never doing that again!

Yes, playing with your dog is far more important

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

I think she's back to the old one now but that updated Spider Woman costume was real good

She's wearing the old costume in Strikeforce, and got a fresh redesign for her new series.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At this point she has multiple times now.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Just gonna repost this from the DC thread to open it up to more discussion because I'm curious

Nebula lopped off Thanos's head a couple years back during the mess that was Infinity Wars. I'm sure they've undone that, but I have no idea how or when.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Beerdeer posted:

How did She-Hulk get so Hulky? Is there a storyline I can read?

Jason Aaron's Avengers is all you need

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

Like has been said many time it's changed a lot so I'm not sure exactly what it is now. I think the last version I know was the series done by Bendis and the Luna Brothers. In that one her pregnant mother accidentally gets in the way of experiment and somehow Jessica gets Wundagore Spider DNA spliced with hers. Then after she starts showing powers as a kid she does a Venom Blast on her father and ends up in coma where Hydra takes her in.

Her current series is going with her father used radioactive spider dna to cure a deadly illness, which whoops also gave her powers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Think Superhero Registration Act, but for teens. It was from an event that got completely derailed by covid to such an extent that I'm not even sure if it ever was fully resolved?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like that should have been mentioned in Ms Marvel, seeing as the idea is her name was co-opted for the law. Plus Ahmed definitely had it come up in Spider-Man with his not!AOC character palling around with Cap and supporting kids protesting the law

It was, the end of Ahmed's time on the book was all about Kamala staying one step ahead of Dum Dum Dugan and Cradle.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

bessantj posted:

I thought that one was a bit of an odd one, but I haven't followed up on it that much so I don't know how its panned out, glad to see it's a good one.
It was going great until the current Spider-Woman book turned Jess into a manic coke head (okay, okay, it was some sort of flawed serum not actual cocaine) and broke them up.

Pacheco :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

bessantj posted:

Oh are they loving with her powers again or something?

Yeah, something like that. Pacheco has this real hyper adrenalized storytelling style on the book that is honestly exhausting to read.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was good, and if Spider-Dad is your thing I enjoyed Renew Your Vows a whole bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

I'm sure the answer differs across comics, cartoons, film and videogames but why did Harry Osborn attend a regular highschool with Peter rather than some rich boy school?

Well originally he didn't. Harry, and Gwen for that matter, are introduced when Pete starts to attend classes at ESU. It's only later adaptations that compress the continuity where you see Pete and Harry (and Gwen and MJ) attend the same high school.