Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Rhyno posted:

To the haters, later in the series there is a second good run of Impulse, Ethan Van Sciver did some great stuff on that book.

This. Todd Dezago was a perfectly serviceable writer and understood Bart pretty well. poo poo I just picked up the "Mercury Falling" trade of Impulse (which is now coverbranded as a "Flash" storyline but doesn't feature Wally at all lol) and its a pretty good story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Bringing up more Flash Rogues chat here (this thread is a godsend) my brother watches The Flash, and I used to read it up until like, Rogues War in the Johns era, but I'll pick up some more recent issues here and there. But him asking me questions about show characters and me explaining who they were in the comics has us both going kinda :psyduck: at times.

Is Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) still around as a Rogue? I know he was more or less a strictly Wally-era villain. The fact they've rebooted the DC universe like twice since I regularly read comics makes me guess either 'no' or 'yes but...'

Though my brother seemed to appreciate the explanation 'in the comics he got his powers because he hosed around with the cosmic treadmill because Wally refused to stop Gorilla Grodd from paralyzing him'.

Other side question: I assume Zoom and P. Zoom would team up at times. How were they told apart? Slightly different yellow costumes? Zoom having that weird way of talking (Dunno if every writer did his dialogue/speech bubble thing)?

Zoom has black lenses and pink irises and the two lightning bolts dick touching at his belt line (like Wallys costume).

Thawne has jus the reverse Flash version of Barrys (the boot wings, and thick lightning bolt belt).

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
Can someone tell me what the big backlash with Nick Spencer and Secret Empire were about?

Because all in all, I thought it was a well done crossover. In fact his Cap run as a whole I thought was pretty solid (hammy political commentary aside).

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
does anyone remember a little known webcomic featuring the Morrison/Austen era X-Men rendered as 8-bit sprites? I cannot find any trace of it on my google searches

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
Need help guys!

Im trying to remember a Batman comic from my child hood (early 90s, but no earlier than 90 no later than 94) where Batman is fighting either an alien/demon/monster. I think it was a one and done issue.

In the comic Batman I believe has to blow up a building in order to subdue the creature....

Pretty much all the details I vaguely remember....

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
Has there ever been a prominent shonen manga/anime that features a protagonist who doesnt become the most powerful fighter/ninja/alchemist/card gamer/etc. ever? Like someone who by all metrics is powerful and competent, just not the best or most powerful practitioner of their art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Oh, so the herbs don't actually matter and it's just the Panther God saying "yeah, you can have powers" and making the herb an arbitrary test.

I feel validated.

I know im late to this but IIRC the herb is toxic to anyone who isnt from the royal bloodline so not just any tom dick and harry can take it.