Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I loving hate to even ask, but is she saying no...? I mean she is saying no, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
OK, phew. Because if she's saying no and still going all O-face that would actually be worse.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Teenage Fansub posted:

There are colouring studios too.

Pretty sure Hi-Fi isn't a guy.

How sure? Pretty sure it's one colorist and one business person.

http://masterdigitalcolor.com/

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Vincent posted:

Has he ever displayed any other technique besides "punch, fly fast and punch and/or grapple" in the comics? I don't think I've seen superman kick somebody now that I think about it.

Well, it's not fighting technique, but he did dance a bomb to pieces once.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Opopanax posted:

Please nobody explain The Filth

Dibs on Kill Your Boyfriend

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Rhyno posted:

She wasn't killed dude, we're just mocking how Flashpoint went down. She just doesn't exist yet.

She does, Kathy points her out on the wall of pictures at the station when she is talking to Sawyer in an early issue. She hasn't been present in person yet tho.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's still a horrific trauma, but it's not the same thing, and I think it's a important distinction to make.

That probably comes down to personal interpretation. To beg over and over for it so that you despise yourself, having lost control of your mind, could be worse than someone else overpowering your body.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Opopanax posted:

Yeah but it's vvvveeerrryyyy morrison so read it, then read a companion, then read it a few more times. I didn't like it at all when I first read it and now it's one of my favorite books.

Also if you're not getting the TPB make sure you get Superman Beyond

I didn't like it all and I still don't, but unlike the asker I'm not much on Morrison anyway.

You shouldn't shy away from reading another era's comics just because continuity has changed since then. You're not really reading them to get a better understanding of the continuity anyway, you just want a good story.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I loved Ellis' run back in the day (along with his Stormwatch that preceded it, now combined in two nice volumes) but hated Millar's Authority. Nothing but unlikeable, sadistic "heroes," even worse villains, and lots of unnecessary shock value. I don't even like Quitely's art (yes, I'm that guy), so it was one more mark against it for me.

I actually hated FQ's art even more than I disliked the story, which I didn't like either.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Soonmot posted:

When my local theater remodeled and put in the recliners, they also started to do assigned seating when you purchase tickets. You can buy your awesome seats days before the movie, walk in 20 minutes after it starts and take your seats right as the film starts.

Can you also buy alcohol and get a waiter to your seat? If not, your theater's not as good as mine. :colbert:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Network Pesci posted:

In "The Killing Joke", the Joker sings a song to Gordon. What's the melody of that song?

Apparently it's some 1920s vaudeville song.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Odyssey?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
A chain thong wedgie won't have improved his mood.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Only heard them referred to as Kirby Dots, chief. Rolls off the tongue better too, not all alliteration is catchy.

Heard both, but Krackle is so prevalent that there's a band by that name:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

qntm posted:

Superman/Batman #44

I'd read that book. I'd read that fuckin book so hard. (Probably not watch the movie though)

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I really wanted to like Wait, What? but between the genuinely cool comic discussions they'll go off on like a twenty-minute discussion of their favorite waffle house and I just ran out of patience because A) it was pretty boring and B) it kept making me hungry for waffles.

The Portland Problem.

Too many Waffle Windows.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

redbackground posted:

She was a real salt-of-the-earth girl, too.

DAD?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Simonson's pretty good, btw.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I'm more curious what Simonson did that was thought to be terrible?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Chinaman7000 posted:

Now I want Invaders/JSA. Except they are all old and just hanging out reminiscing.

It'd just be this thread, in print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Jerry Cotton posted:

Does Grant Morrison even... exist?!?!?!?!?!?

Unfortunately.