Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He looks like someone took his skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The "Iron Lad" name was because in the beginning of Young Avengers they pretty much all lied/mislead people about their lineage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HitTheTargets posted:

What happened? All I know about Arena is that only two or three people died for realsies and that the follow-up series gave Chase a douchy haircut.

It was just a crappy book where nobody acted in character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

So is Xavier back now or what?

The entire Axis event is about the Red Skull having his brain. So I'm going to guess... no.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Someday I'm going to ask how that works, but not today.

He cut out Xavier's brain from his corpse (because it was just laying around somewhere) and _____ so now he has all of Prof X's powers!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If memory serves, the justification was that Magneto had essentially lost his mind on account of his powers overwhelming his sanity. This was the same crossover where he tore out Cable's cybernetics and did a worldwide EMP, after all, so he'd firmly gone off the deep end at that point. If Colossus hadn't been a member of the the Acolytes at the time (thanks to a head injury - no, really), I'm sure Magneto would have torn his skin off while he was at it.

It's weird to realize that Wolverine would continue to be without his adamantium for another seven years, so it wasn't just a temporary switcheroo - it had a big impact on the character for a long time.

I've never really thought of it before but does Colossus just turn his skin into metal or is it his entire body?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Part of Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers involves the destruction of the gems, so they can break. Although I'm sure they'll be back at least in time for Avengers 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What happens to Beast Boy's costume when he changes? In cartoons and what I've seen in comics it just seems like he goes from wearing his costume to naked animal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, it's the build up to the end of Hickman's run on both books.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Soonmot posted:

Do tell.

Jughead's hat is a thing kids used to do, they would take an old fedora that their dads couldn't use anymore, cut up the brim in a jagged line and then use pins to stick it up in a crown shape.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The face lines were a deliberate thing by the producers. It was supposed to be a legacy from the end of Superman:TAS and they only went away after he got closure from the Darkseid fight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also how Stan Lee forgot what Bruce Banner's name was at one point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What is/was the explanation for the Inhuman royal family to go around wearing masks? I know Black Bolt wears his costume because it's supposed to help control his power but what about everyone else?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While not bad art I did drop that new Bucky series after the first issue because the art was so incomprehensible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unmature posted:

What was the panel and what did they change?

There were a bunch of terrible ones during the first year but I'm assuming they mean the "Batman crying" one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wait, how did that work?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is that also supposed to explain the missing mustache?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I heard something about Axis changing Wanda and Pietro's backstories, what did it do?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How it worked when Flash was first starting out as Venom is that when he was in control it was all normal looking but when he lost control and the symbiote took over it got big and toothy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You guys are leaving out the best part, where the baby turns out to be the dude who impregnated her and they go off and live together in another dimension.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Which came first, that issue of Avengers or that creepy episode of Star Trek TNG with almost the same plot?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It fell into the Archives, which means its off the live forums.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Is there anything critical reading wise between Avengers 33 to 35. It says 8 months later and should it just be treated as 8 months of what was going on?

I probably phrased this poorly, really glad I decided to reread this stuff.

What is supposed to happen is that Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers jump ahead in time and then every other book would eventually catch up to that point after 8 in real life months. I haven't been reading a bunch of other Marvel stuff so I couldn't tell you if this was actually working out or if its turning into OYL 2.0.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes and its real real stupid.

Pretty sure Magneto's powers are still wonky. His power levels are still a lot lower than they used to be at least.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

This is a dumb question by why isn't Namor blue?

He's half human.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

She would have gotten Mephisto-magicked out of existence along with the marriage, presumably?

There was mention of a daughter when they made the deal but it was implied to be one not yet born.

Speaking of that event, it completely killed my interest in Spider-Man so I never read an issue after it but did they ever explain why he went back to the mechanical webshooters?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Reading Ultimate Spider-Man finally. Few questions:
Did I miss Spidey fighting the Lizard? He was in a flashback and Connors is thanking Peter for helping him out. Same question, there was a lot of reference to Osborne attacking the White House and Spider-Man and the Ultimates stopped him? When does this happen?

He starts dating Kitty Pryde in the first annual, so I know there aren't annuals where this stuff happens.

There are a couple of things that happened in Ultimate Team Up, which has questionable continuity. The Lizard thing is from that, while the Osborne thing happened in a mini about the Sinister Six.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Machine Man was also a supporting character in the Reed run of Ms Marvel and he mostly had his Nextwave personality.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Infinite Crisis was responsible for quite possibly the stupidest retcon ever. I believe they've since changed it but originally Jason Todd came back to life because Superboy Prime punched reality really hard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All I know about Tekken is that someone got thrown in a volcano.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Anti-Monitor is evil for evil's sake, and you beat him by punching him really hard, and then he reveals his final form and you beat him again by punching him really hard. He is literally a Final Fantasy end boss.

On the Green Lantern cartoon they blew up his head and one of the side characters decided to become evil and start controlling the body like a puppet from his head stump.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NOBODY CALLS THEM "SWELLFISH"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

What does flying have to do with being an underwater fish man anyway? Ridiculous!

Uh, flying fish? Duh!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know how it ended but at one point in Avengers Arena Darkhawk got the amulet ripped out of him and it was put in Chase from Runaways.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Oh that's right, I mixed it up with something.

Yeah, Red Skull is doing a hate wave and they try to reverse it and that ends up going bad. I believe because someone interrupts?

Then nobody cared and it was almost completely ignored, except for Superior Iron Man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest Wonder Woman trivia is still how Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) came about because Bob Haney didn't do research when creating the Teen Titans.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Opopanax posted:

The only times I can really remember him being a character were Animal Man and the Invisibles anyways, and I mean it's not like King Mob was literally Morrison

You're right, King Mob was a bald British author named Kirk Morrison. Obviously completely different.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

And as The Writer during later-era Suicide Squad. Morrison didn't have anything to actually do with the issues, though.

That's what happened to the version of himself that he added into Animal Man so he could talk to Buddy directly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Rising Stars was delayed so long that JMS forgot how to write good books before it finished.

To be fair, part of the reason for the delay was business related as there was an argument between JMS and Top Cow about rights. The other part being that JMS is easily distracted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hadji murad posted:

He's dying??

It's rumored that he has something wrong because last year he showed up to promote the second Sin City movie and looked horrible. Very thin, sickly and hairless.