Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Hi everyone. I hope this is the right thread to ask a lame "What comic was this?"

It's lame in that I don't have much info to offer. I remember reading this comic sometime in the mid-to-late '70s and it didn't feature any of the big DC names, but what I recall most vividly about it was that the issue was one giant fight with one bad guy absolutely wrecking the superheroes' poo poo. Plasma bolts were flying, dudes were getting blasted through walls--this bad guy was absolutely destroying a couple dozen of em. The comic ended with all the good guys lying around in various states of injury, with someone aiding in their recovery.

As an 8-year-old, I really enjoyed that the issue was pure payoff---almost nothing but this massive fight, with the good guys getting their asses kicked. It was great.

I know it's not fair to ask going on just this, but any ideas what I might have been reading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Edge & Christian posted:

It's hard to say based on the sort of general description but you could try browsing through Mike's Amazing World of Comics's newsstand browser to see if any of the covers jump out at you.

DC didn't publish a *ton* of team books in that period, and the Justice League of that period generally had most/all of the A-List Super Friends on it, but maybe check out the Legion of Superheroes books? Or this short-lived All-Star Squadron revival whose cover kind of seems similar to what you described?

Thank you for this! Regardless of whether or not I find my Questing Beast, I'll enjoy hunting for it. This is a great resource. Cheers!