Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They were the main characters of it.
There was a year of an Earth 2 weekly series called World's End and at the end of it the world ended They lived through Convergence happening and ended up with a new Earth created for the E2 survivors, which is the Society series.

The only genuinely good parts of Convergence were some of the tie-ins like Greg Rucka Question, and Jeff Parker Shazam stories, but the main was bugfuck nuts enough that I'm kinda curious about revisiting it. Might be fun.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uthor posted:

I cannot see the appeal of Howard Chaykin's art.

Ever or currently?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I usually use Comicvine.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batman/4050-91273/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You're linking to the imgur galleries, not the images. Here ya go.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Remender's was a good mainstream run with a ton of ridiculousness.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Read the start of Remender's run before Franken-Castle too. There's a bit where he kits himself up with stolen Avengers gear, but they're now decorated with Punisher skulls.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They weren't bad comics. It was just a negative character. You were supposed to root for Bruce to get better and take it back.

e: It's like how the protagonist in the new Twin Peaks was replaced by an evil doppelganger for 90% of the series. You're hoping for the good version to return, but in the mean time his legacy being perverted is still very entertaining.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 11, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman's blind moralism isn't for the kids, it's his defining interesting characteristic. Check out the current storyline spending three issues with him fretting over sending Mr Freeze to jail for killing three women cause in his anger he might've unduly influenced the investigation. That's just Batman. If you want something else, read those recent Midnighter volumes. They're pretty good.
If you do have him finally break and be the badass every 15 year old boy thinks he wants and throw a batarang through the Joker's head once and for all, we'd have to have at least a year of Bruce being haunted by it Arkham Knight style, and then some Joker protege would pop up anyhow, which is probably more Joker story than you'd get if Batman just stuck him in the asylum again for five-to-eight months.

edit: I love the Burton Batman movies to death, but I think they'd be improved (or at least they wouldn't be worse) if he went out of his way to not kill the Joker and Penguin's goons.

Anyway, canonically...

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 15, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Of course they're any good!
I think Asylum's the best one. I just liked the Metroid type progression through a tight environment more than the open world.

e: What Ghostlight said.

Knight looks astounding, or at least it did two years ago (e: three years ago. Jeeze.)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 16, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They called them jack the rippers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I remember it being a big issue that there weren't raindrops running down the models on PC. That's what we cared about three years ago.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman and Joker fought each other to the "death" in Batman: Endgame. I suppose they were both technically dead before restorative juice or whatever seeped into their wounds and Bruce ended up with amnesia, prompting that period where Jim Gordon was Batman.

edit: Yup. It was mentioned a few issues later that he was clinically dead for 'hours'.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 21, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was just replying to the Batman question.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman comics were genuinely good in the 70's.

edit: That's the only character I've been reading a lot of from the era because of the recent creator focused collections. Can't speak to the rest.

Selachian posted:

70s DC also had the classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories, and Jack Kirby's Fourth World/New Gods stuff.

Of course. I'm gonna go destroy myself for forgetting Kirby.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 22, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

I don't know if they have ever been collected but if they have they are worth checking out.

There have been Neal Adams focused collections with horrific "modern" recolouring full of gradients and lens flares and stuff.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

OML is from his Secret Wars world, which is not exactly the one from Millar's story, though the distinction isn't really worth worrying about by now.
Didn't read Hawkeye.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Definitely do it if you're going through Geoff Johns' Green Lantern. I thought the pre-BN GL issue focusing on Black Hand was one of the best horror comics I've read.

There's a really good Action Comics run focusing on Lex Luthor from Paul Cornell that springs out of it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think we needed Kyle's girlfriend coming back as a Black Lantern still shoved inside her fridge.

We absolutely did.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I can identify each one of those faberge eggs.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought the Teen Titans ones were good. Maybe not the best things Jeff Lemire has written, but good.

Gabriel Hardman's Green Lantern Earth One was great.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 22, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you weren't reading Aaron's Thor, don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn’t Tattooed Man have a pretty big role in Final Crisis: Submit? Which was one of the few Big Two comics where pretty much every character was a person of color.

That was just a one-shot, but he did get a post-FC miniseries https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Crisis_Aftermath:_Ink_Vol_1