Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Hey, I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if/when the Thunderbolts Volume 3: Infinity collected book is gonna be released digitally. I can't seem to find any information on it. I heard that's when the series started to get good and I want in on it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Ha! Wow, the Cap line is still there but they totally gave Sue an under shirt.

Not on Comixology.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BadAstronaut posted:

Who is the intended audience for this?
https://www.comixology.com/Storyteller/digital-comic/29928

If one liked the movies Labrynth and Dark Crystal, and one liked comics and stories being told, then is this one to pick up at this price?

I dunno, I remember The Storyteller from when it was a television show, and it was more Fraggle Rock than The Dark Crystal.

It's been a while, though, I might be misremembering.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SoR Blaze posted:

This might sound kind of silly, but has anyone ever used judo or aikido on the hulk to like, redirect his punches/use his own force against him or anything?

I think Hulk outclasses aikido. It would be like trying to redirect a speeding train.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CapnAndy posted:

Modern Age, defined by widescreen action, writing for the trade, and more mature subject matter (which still frequently goes stupid, but there's been progress at least). Defining writers are Morrison, Johns, Bendis, Hickman, and Millar. I can't really think of any defining artists except Hitch.

Would this age be defined by its own self-awareness? I feel like comics nowadays recognize the silliness in their own premise and, rather than fighting so hard against it like back in the "Dark Ages" of the 90s, they embrace it. I'm also seeing a lot of slice-of-life, naturalistic kind of comics, like Hawkeye and Superior Foes of Spider-Man where there's as much just hangin' out and examining the personal lives of these larger-than-life characters as there is action.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Also, wouldn't this era be the post-modern era? It's kind of fitting, what with the re-visiting of the older characters, ideas, stories, etc. but through a more modern, deconstructionist, media-savvy lens. I wouldn't call it cynicism, really, so much as just appreciating that today's media consumers are more sophisticated than they were back in the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Marvel should just have all of their comics take place in 1965 in perpetuity.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think Onslaught is what made me mostly give up comics for, like, over twenty years. It came right after The Age of Apocalypse, right? And it was another huge, multiple-series spanning event that meant I'd have to go out and buy a ton of comics I wouldn't have read otherwise to get the whole story, wasn't it? Yeah, I just said "gently caress it" and gave up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just have Reed's revolutionary new radiation shielding alter the radiation in such a way that, instead of just exploding their cell membranes, it gives them superpowers. You could have the first movie be about the Fantastic Four trying to keep the shielding technology out of the hands of Doom, who wants to use it to create an army of super-powered soldiers.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Has the Fantastic Four ever had one?

Wait, isn't that the whole idea behind the recent Fraction/Allred series?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

You can get your license from an intensive afternoon course at the Ramada. Just don't go into the conference room next door or you'll be licensed as an alternative medicine practitioner.

How else will you heal your bounty's chi?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I remember way back in the day when I was in high school working at the local convenience store (which was a great job for reading comics). I picked up one book, I think it was an issue of Weapon X, maybe, and it had a scene where there was a team of surgeons who had basically flayed Logan right down to the bone and we're trying to physically implant the adamantium in his bones before his healing factor closed the wounds. None of that "injecting it with needles" poo poo that came later. I remember being both horrified and impressed. Previous to that I think I'd only really experienced the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby "everything is bright, primary colours and everyone speaks in overwrought soliloquys" school of superhero comic.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So, I'm thinking of buying the Deadpool biannual, but I know I'm gonna buy the collected issues later as a volume. Will the biannual be collected in there? I don't wanna end up owning two copies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

When Matt was a boy and he pushed that old man out of the way of the truck and got blinded by the radioactive material... why wasn't there a lawsuit? Or was there? Did we ever learn if it was a government or military vehicle, or private industry? What was the purpose of the material, and where was it going, and why wasn't it secured better, and why wasn't the driver paying more attention?

According to the Waid version (which I just finished reading up to volume 7 today) the driver of the unlicensed chemical disposal truck was looking down at his cell phone up until the very last second.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If we're talking about Neil Gaiman's Death I imagine Darkseid would be singularly unimpressed.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's Kirby Krackle. It's Ditko Dots when it's misattributed to Steve Ditko.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And, according to She-Hulk, Marvel comics are admissible in court as evidence in the Marvel universe.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If it's not interesting enough to have pictures then it's not interesting enough to read. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Greyed temples and age lines? Are you thinking of a different Justice League cartoon?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't see the greying temples. His hair is supposed to be shiny. And, if your labelling is correct, there appear to be fewer lines on his face in season 2 and Justice League Unlimited.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, I don't think it had anything to do with a lot of time passing so much as it just being a stylistic choice. The same way that Bruce suddenly got blue eyes and stopped dressing like a hobo.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The only Marvel title I read month to month is Ms. Marvel. I wait for the collected editions of Daredevil, Deadpool, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Superior Spider-Man, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and Thunderbolts.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this? posted:

There was also how Stan Lee forgot what Bruce Banner's name was at one point.

And, of course, who can ever forget:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I really like Rat Queens and, despite the fact that he turned out to be an abusive shitlord, Roc Upchurch's art had a lot to do with that and I'm anxious about how the art's gonna look now.

:ohdear:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CzarChasm posted:

"rat queens Stjepan Sejic"

Hah! I've actually seen some of this stuff before, but I thought it was just fan art! It's actually what I was hoping the comic would look like!

I am reassured.

Unless this Sejic turns out to be an abusive douchebag, too.

:ohdear:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I bought the collected editions of Injustice on the DC app and read it on Comixology. I was actively looking forward to that panel, but it looks like the fixed version is the default now. On the collected edition, at least.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
BATMAN LOVE CHUNK!!!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Bam!

Merry Christmas.

Thunderbolts #31, page 19.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wasn't that exactly the premise of the Bizarro episode of Superman the Animated Series?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Everywhere is Vancouver.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
X2 said that the Weapon X project was located at Alkali Lake, which is in British Columbia. The scenes were filmed in Alberta, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I liked Wolverine and the X-Men up until AvX when it felt like I was only getting snippets of a larger story. That kind of stuff is why I stopped reading comics back in the 90s.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

prefect posted:

His dad was a honky.

I laughed pretty hard when I learned that Namor had a last name and that it was McKenzie.

Namor McKenzie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think Avengers 200 is a must-read, but not because it's good. Just to confirm to yourself that yes, this exists, this is a thing that happened. Someone wrote this, then several levels of editors gave it the go-ahead, then several artists worked on this, then it was printed and distributed and at no point during any of that did someone say "What the gently caress, guys, we can't print this, this is literally insane!"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's not even just rapey. How hosed up is it that only rape is a step up? It's loving meta-incestuous-mind-control-rapey. I can only imagine that staggering amounts of drugs were involved.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
At least, as Skwirl pointed out, Chris Claremont of all people came to the rescue in Avengers Annual #10 and had Captain Marvel call everyone out on that bullshit.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Michael Jordan dressed as Milla Jovovich?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

Out of Fifth Element, obviously.

I didn't think it needed to be said.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Pretty much everyone in comics has eidetic memory, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this? posted:

NOBODY CALLS THEM "SWELLFISH"

I do, the inconsiderate fuckers.