Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

FilthyImp posted:

Ms. America, a gay (?) reality-jumping girl

Just America. Or Ms. Chavez.

Also: super gay.

Edit: guess she does go by Miss America sometimes (according to Wikipedia). I've never seen her do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Where does Adam Warlock dying and coming back to life to save everybody on an alternate Earth on the other side of the sun fit into Christian theology? It wasn't covered in my Catholic schooling.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Her wikipedia doesn't have anything since Saga and a bit of Archie years ago. Image's website shows references to two books since Saga, which I believe were alt covers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

site posted:

Seems like a jerk tbh

A sexy jerk.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Anyone know/have that panel where a character beats Doom, not a Doombot or a clone or a hologram or an alternate reality version? I wanna say it was Squirrel Girl...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Ah, thanks.

Was gonna do something slightly tasteless for MF Doom, Thanos doesn't work.

RIP

https://uproxx.com/music/mf-doom-dead-rapper-transitioned-family-statement/

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Nah, he's famous for having stand ins go on stage for him, which fits the Doombot theme. But thanks.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Wikipedia says:
To coordinate the storyline and sequence of event, from January 1991 to January 2002, "triangle numbers" (or "shield numbers") appeared on the cover of each Superman comic book. During these years, the Superman storylines ran with the story continuing through the titles Superman, Action Comics and later in two further series, Superman: The Man of Steel and Superman: The Man of Tomorrow

Edit: a random Google spreadsheet I found says #3 was Action Comics 661, though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Not a gift, but are they aware of Cartoonist Kayfabe?

https://youtube.com/c/CartoonistKayfabe

The mainly cover that era, including lots of long interviews, though from an artist's perspective.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

In addition to the New Warriors series, there's a lot of stuff Marvel announced/solicited that has been held off since the Covid gap:

Doctor Strange: Surgeon Supreme #7

I was under the impression that this was over.

From issue #6.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gotcha.

You said "held off", so it sounded to me like there was (currently) expectation for it to continue.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Call me old fashioned, but I'd say finding a random copy at an abandoned bus station at two in the morning and reading it by a flickering yellow light bulb.

Sorry, don't have a helpful answer for you.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I just read the 2004 Warlock mini-series by Greg Pak. Meh. But does Lady Warlock ever show up again? I kinda feel like it's an idea that got dropped so fast, especially with Annihilation happening two years later..

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/813/warlock_2004_1

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Doesn't seem to be the same character. Found Kismet on Marvel.com and they list Janie Chin (this character) as a relative, and there's no page for Janie Chin on the website.

https://marvel-warlock.fandom.com/wiki/Janie_Chin

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Meh. It's weird cause it doesn't seem to link to the larger Marvel Universe until the end and that's kinda unsatisfying. And it doesn't appear to have gone anywhere.

It was 4 issues on Marvel Unlimited and took me like 30 minutes to read, so if you're interested...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Selachian posted:

I kinda liked the idea of Warlock becoming a mentor to a younger version of himself. It's certainly more interesting than anything Starlin has done with him since the original Infinity Gauntlet.

Yeah, but what I got out of it was making the moral decision is hard, good luck!, which is why I wasn't satisfied.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I'd argue that people were fine with the latter and felt that was a good enough hook that the gore was an unnecessary attempt to be edgy.

This was my feelings. It started as a refreshing upbeat story and then it all came crashing down and I immediately lost interest. I was reading so many blood and guts things at the time that it didn't feel worth keeping up with.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This page says 13 years since the FF went to space, so good news!

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Glossary:Sliding_Timescale

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Finally got around to reading Childer of the Atom #2. What's Kamala's Law that Captain America mentions?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

To be fair, I haven't paid attention to Marvel events since, like, Original Sin? Secret Wars? Until the X-reboot, I'd only been reading Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl and Runaways.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like that should have been mentioned in Ms Marvel, seeing as the idea is her name was co-opted for the law. Plus Ahmed definitely had it come up in Spider-Man with his not!AOC character palling around with Cap and supporting kids protesting the law

I'd imagine it has, I haven't kept up with the title in at least 18 months.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Reading late 90s and early 00s X-Men and there's just chunks of, like, Cable missing. Was reading The Shattering and it feels like the main plot of the crossover happens in a title that isn't on Unlimited at all (it's on comiXology).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I've found stuff for sale on comiXology that's not for reading on Unlimited.

Maybe it's a file format issue and they need to spend the man hours to convert?

Maybe it's buying vs "streaming" rights?

No idea.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Heh, reminds me of Dave Sim getting sick of people downloading illegal scans before he had hi-res retouched files available for purchase, so he just downloaded the scans himself and put them up for sale at a lower price rate to fill in the gaps.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Didn't Ellis kill God in that title before Millar took over?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Speaking of Ellis, he wrote an issue of Hellblazer that was fully drawn and inked and then spiked because it was about school shootings. Never published but has been leaked online fully so it's not hard to find.

It came out eventually.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_(Hellblazer)

I think it's the only Hellblazer comic I own, funnily. Probably the only one I've read.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dunno, but Sandman went to the recolor version for everything after the Absolutes, so I'd guess so.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I just read Planet Sized X-Men and it made me think of Hickman's Avengers run, my question in the spoilers for his Avengers and the main theme of Planet Sized X-Men.

Wasn't there a big ado with super beings being on Mars in Avengers? I remember them setting up some sort of society there. Seems like the whole X-Men thing would have broken something, which means either that was retconned or has become ignored. Anyway, what happened to all that?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Probably should have guessed.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

...so did Jack Kirby actually let Stan off the hook or not? I watched a video about Tom King's Mr.Miracle and how it's a big tribute to Jack, but they talk about the "Jake and I have nothing to reproach ourselves about!" line and Stan claimed Jack said that to him at a convention. I know Mark Evanier says it never happened, but weirdly, the video ignores (?) or is unaware of that quote despite quouting the Evanier book about Kirby.

I know Stan was full of it on a lot of things.But Mark has always been fiercely protective of Jack's legacy. And he might see this as a lapse if integrity.

I'm no historian, especially about Jack and Stan, but from what I've heard, a lot of Jack's later day statements should be taken with a grain of salt. He (supposedly) wasn't all there in the end.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Here is the page from House of X #1. It's a little hand wavy.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

site posted:

If the qualification is "cannot be surpassed", why are both Quentin and Jean listed for telepath

Uthor posted:

It's a little hand wavy.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

maltesh posted:

What is a "tiger-force"?

It's the measurement of the impact when Wu-Tang is hosed with.

Eg, "At his peak, RZA was practicing Tiger Style at 1,000 tiger-force."

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Reading a recent Black Cat series and there's a thieves' guild and: has she ever crossed paths with Gambit?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

JordanKai posted:

I completely forgot about Millar's dire run on The Authority until now. How could you do this to me?

But, Frank Quitely!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

To this day, McFarlane still has my favorite signature of any artist. To me, it's so iconic and cool, even if I haven't picked up a comic he was involved with since middle school in 1993.

Ahem.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

I adore the original Inferno but obviously that's not a universally held opinion.

I recently read it for the first time and found it excellent, but I get people hating what happened to Maddie.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Brian Bendis on the other hand...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Illyana was pretty thirsty for Sam after Lila Cheney put him in leather.

I mean, are you going to blame her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

No.