Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nocking an arrow is also dumb, considering Ollie and Felicity are nowhere near the badguys when Lex and co show up. Hence why Katana's just chilling with her sword/hubby over her shoulder and Cupid doesn't even have her bow out.

Then again, New52-Roy is pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Yvonmukluk posted:

I realise that these are probably puff pieces, but drat if these Convergence interviews aren't making me actually look forward to it.

Wow, the Titans are fighting Lord Havok and the Extremists. I didn't expect that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Man, April's so far away. :saddowns: It's just oh so unfortunate I won't be reading any DC before then, isn't it?

I'm not sure why that'd be the case when there are two more issues of Star Spangled War Stories featuring G.I. Zombie out before then.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 6, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, technically I'm still following Sensation Comics, but...irregularly. It's always charming, but it's not always quality charming.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Well, technically I'm still following Sensation Comics, but...irregularly. It's always charming, but it's not always quality charming.

This week's was pretty good, I thought. Diana's greatest foe: A douchebag hogging the DDR machine at the arcade!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Geoff Johns is leaving Superman with issue 39.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Any reason in particular?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh god please don't let Lobdell have it again. Just let him stay on the sinking ship that is RHATO.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Here is the article. http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/02/05/a-super-farewell-by-geoff-johns

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Too busy writing terrible OGNs and being a "consultant" on TV shows of a higher story quality than anything he's done in comics since forever, I'd imagine. Oh well, at least it's not like he just introduced a huge change and teased a long-term villain or anything.

What?'s that... Oh....

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"As for what’s next for me in the comic world besides JUSTICE LEAGUE with the amazing and talented Jason Fabok, you'll have to ask my longtime friend and collaborator, the great Gary Frank..."

e: It's funny that he doesn't hype up the Romita written issue #40 at all.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 6, 2015

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I'm only fine with this because there's still Greg Pak on Action Comics and it obviously has to mean he's finally doing a Shazam book.

But I'm still pretty annoyed given the obvious long term hook with the old man spying on Clark that'll probably go nowhere or be resolved rather badly by a new writer who has no idea what he intended for it.

AFoolAndHisMoney fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 6, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hope he sticks around for whatever project comes next. His tenure on Superman was way too short even for him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd much rather see comics with Captain Marvel more in line with the Morrison version than Johns version.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd much rather see comics with Captain Marvel more in line with the Morrison version than Johns version.

Tell me about it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Jeff Parker's Convergence two-shot should be rad.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Die Laughing posted:

I'll take the artistic arguments in this thread than the one I had last night anytime: Kingdom Come vs Forever Evil.

An argument with no possible winners.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Die Laughing posted:

I'll take the artistic arguments in this thread than the one I had last night anytime: Kingdom Come vs Forever Evil.

The hell could someone have against an entire series of Alex Ross art??? Versus David Finch poo poo pencils and faces and body proportions and........ :stare:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Forever Evil is the one where the Crime Syndicate invades from Earth-3, right? I have a hard time keeping track of them. That's not the point, though. The point of the post is that I remember this guy getting all bent out of shape on the CBR forum when people wouldn't agree with his argument that it's better than Earth 2.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

HERE WE GO!

Convergence will end with the continuities merging.

Stop reading if you care about being spoiled on the end of the event. Unplug your internet for the next three months. Bye :)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/6/7991377/dc-comics-is-bringing-an-end-to-the-new-52

quote:

DC Comics is ending its New 52 imprint this June, the company announced via press release today.

Starting June 3, the publishing line will feature 24 new comics and 25 ongoing comics. Despite the New 52 coming to an end, DC Comics confirms this is not another reboot, and it is not returning to a pre-New 52 universe.

"This heralds in a new era for the DC Universe which will allow us to publish something for everyone, be more expansive and modern in our approach and tell stories that better reflect the society around us," said DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio in a press release. "Whether you've been a DC fan your whole life, or whether you are new to comics - there will be a book for you beginning in June."

The relaunch will begin following the Convergence event this spring, which will see different universes from DC brought together by Brainiac.

In the wake of the Convergence event, DC will also be offering a Free Comic Book Day called DC Comics: Divergence. This is going to be made free at participating stores starting May 2 and feature three eight-page previews for the upcoming June releases of Batman by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, Justice League by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok and Superman by Gene Luen Yang and John Romita, Jr.

The New 52 is a revamp and relaunch of the entire DC Comics line. In September 2011, DC Comics cancelled its then-existing titles and debuted 52 new series.

Hi Metron.

:siren: New titles :siren:
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/02/06/new-books-new-creative-teams-the-complete-list-of-new-and-continuing-dc-comics#9
http://www.bleedingcool.com/tag/juneminirelaunch/
http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/06/dc-comics-is-ending-the-new-52
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59086

'Batman Beyond' by writer Dan Jurgens & artist Bernard Chang
'Bat-Mite' by writer Mark Russell & artist Ben Caldwell (6 issue mini-series)
'Bizzaro' by writer Heath Corson & artist Gustavo Duarte (6 issue mini-series)

'Black Canary' by Brenden Fletcher

'Constantine: The Hellblazer' by writer Ming Doyle & artist Riley Rossmo
'Cyborg by writer David L. Walker & artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado

'Dark Universe' by writer James Tynion IV & artist Ming Doyle
'Dr. Fate' by writer Paul Levitz & artist Sonny Liew
'Doomed' by writer Scott Lobdell & artist Javier Fernandez

'Earth 2: Society by writer Daniel Wilson & artist Jorge Jimenez
'Green Lantern: Lost Army' by writer Cullen Bunn & artists Jesus Saiz & Javi Pina
'Harley Quinn/Power Girl' by writers Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner & artist Stephane Roux (4 issue mini-series)
'Justice League of America by writer/artist Brian Hitch

'Justice League 3001' by writer Keith Giffen & artist Howard Porter
'Martian Manhunter' by writer Rob Williams & artist Ben Oliver
'Midnighter' by writer Steve Orlando & artist ACO

'Mystic U' (tentative title) by writer Alisa Kwitney & artist Mauricet
'Omega Men' by writer Tom King & artist Barnaby Bagenda

'Prez' by writer Mark Russell & artist Ben Caldwell

'Red Hood/Arsenal' by writer Scott Lobdell & artist Denis Medri
'Robin, Son of Batman' by writer/artist Patrick Gleason

'Section Eight' by writer Garth Ennis & artist John McCrea (6-issue limited) :D
'Starfire' by writers Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner & artist Emanuela Lupacchino

'We Are Robin' by writer Lee Bermejo & artists Rob Haynes and Khary Randolph

Continuing (changes in bold):
'Action Comics' by writer Greg Pak & artist Aaron Kuder
'Aquaman' by writer Cullen Bunn & artist Trevor McCarthy
'Batgirl' by writers Cameron Stewart, Brenden Fletcher & artist Babs Tarr
'Batman' by writer Scott Snyder & artist Greg Capullo
'Detective Comics' by Brian Buccelato & artist Francis Manapul
'Batman/Superman' by writer Greg Pak & artist Ardian Syaf
'Catwoman' by writer Genevieve Valentine & artist David Messina
'Deathstroke' by writer Tony Daniel & artist Tony Daniel
'Flash' by writers Rob Venditti, Van Jensen & artist Brett Booth
'Gotham Academy' by writers Becky Cloonan, Brenden Fletcher & artist Karl Kerschl
'Gotham By Midnight' by writer Ray Fawkes & artist Juan Ferreyra
'Grayson' by writers Tim King, Tim Seeley & artist Mikel Janin
'Green Arrow' by writer Ben Percy & artist Richard Zircher
'Green Lantern' by writer Robert Venditti & artist Billy Tan
'Harley Quinn' by writers Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti & artist Chad Hardin
'Justice League' by writer Geoff Johns & artist Jason Fabok
'Justice League United' by writer TBD & artists Travel Foreman, Paul Pelletier
'Lobo' by writer Cullen Bunn & artist Cliff Richards
'Secret Six' by writer Gail Simone & artist Dale Eaglesham
'Sinestro' by writer Cullen Bunn & artist Brad Walker
'New Suicide Squad' by writer Sean Ryan & artist Carlos D’Anda
'Superman' by writer Gene Luen Yang & artist John Romita, Jr.
'Superman/Wonder Woman' by writer Peter Tomasi & artist Doug Mahnke
'Teen Titans' by writer Will Pfeifer & artist Kenneth Rodafort
'Wonder Woman' by writer Meridith Finch & artist David Finch

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 6, 2015

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
All the DC news in a single link, if the previous post missed anything it's also got more art from some of the new books.

This lineup is pretty gosh darn strong, whoa.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Jiro posted:

The hell could someone have against an entire series of Alex Ross art??? Versus David Finch poo poo pencils and faces and body proportions and........ :stare:

His art's stiff, it has no dynamism, his storytelling is garbage, he is kind of a homophobic jerk, etc.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ElNarez posted:

All the DC news in a single link, if the previous post missed anything it's also got more art from some of the new books.

This lineup is pretty gosh darn strong, whoa.

It also has two books I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere (Robin and Midnighter)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

quote:

'Section Eight' by writer Garth Ennis & artist John McCrea
BUENO

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
'Red Hood/Arsenal' by writer Scott Lobdell & artist Denis Medri

gently caress YES!!!

And what's best, Medri draws a kickass Red Hood

And I guess this is the end of my interest on Starfire. The writers on her book are the same as Harley Quinn and I haven't enjoyed it.

So long Kori, you won't be missed.

And sign me the gently caress up for these

'Bat-Mite' by writer Mark Russell & artist Ben Caldwell (6 issue mini-series)
'Bizzaro' by writer Heath Corson & artist Gustavo Duarte (6 issue mini-series)

:flashfap:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

It also has two books I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere (Robin and Midnighter)

Thanks. I'm editing my post.

I'll probably shut this poo poo down and make a new DC thread in a bit.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 6, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Phew for a minute I was worried they weren't going to be skeezy about starfire anymore. Good job keepin it classy DC

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Compared to Red Hood, that is super restrained. I also think it's pretty funny, but that's to be expected from Amanda Conner.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Thats kind of like saying compared to this pile of cow poo poo, this fart doesn't smell too bad. Starfire herself isnt even that bad, the costume is about what I'd expect but the entire point of that is everyone ogling her. Which even that wouldnt be that bad but the pre teen girl looking down her own shirt really skeeves me out. Did that really need to be there? Are you sure you're making comics for everyone DC?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Lord posted:

His art's stiff, it has no dynamism, his storytelling is garbage, he is kind of a homophobic jerk, etc.

I hadn't heard about the last part. :(

That Starfire costume is almost outfit from the old cartoon, right?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Was gonna post in here to celebrate the death of Red Hood & The Outlaws but apparently it's being relaunched without Starfire LOL. Looking forward to JL3001, Hellblazer and Black Canary, though!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Huh, there's like three books there I'm interested in. Two are miniseries, of course.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Phew for a minute I was worried they weren't going to be skeezy about starfire anymore. Good job keepin it classy DC

Conner and Palmiotti actually know how to do a sexually empowered female character. I'm kind of excited about that book.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Conner and Palmiotti actually know how to do a sexually empowered female character. I'm kind of excited about that book.

Yeah. That costume is fine.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Are we gonna Powergirl it up with Starfire!?

I'm really excited for this book.This will be the next best 12 issues of comics ever.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kinda weird that both Marvel and DC are doing soft reboots at the exact same time with multiverse battle series leading up to it.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Huh a Prez book wow

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dacap posted:

Kinda weird that both Marvel and DC are doing soft reboots at the exact same time with multiverse battle series leading up to it.

Not really. It just seems like desperation from both sides, i.e. "a reboot worked really well the last time, so let's just do that again!"

If one company hadn't done anything they would just let the other one get all the attention.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yannick_B posted:

Yeah. That costume is fine.

And original preboot Starfire was pretty confident in her body anyway. It's not like she went around in a a burlap sack. (I just remembered that page from Gotham Central, when the Titans show up to identify a kid in a Robin suit, and all the guys are just gaping at her, while Chandler rolls her eyes, before one of the other women points out that the two lesbians on the squad are doing the same thing.) It's about whether the character is portrayed as being in control of that stuff. Old Starfire was a girl who liked looking sexy and expressing affection. That's fine, albeit you don't want ALL characters to be like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New thread. Post there.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699297

• Locked thread