Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

BGrifter posted:

I don't think anyone realistically would have expected her to keep the letters, but she did kind of go about it in the most awful way possible. Mocking everybody, making a big show of laughing and talking poo poo while shredding each letter.

I'm finally caught up for the first time since the start of the season and I've really come around on it. Kenny is fantastic and by far my favourite, but the cast is turning out to be pretty solid. I'm interested to see how long Sabrina can continue being a wrecking ball. Neda seems like a real sleeper pick but could do some damage if an opportunity comes up.

Sabrina is on the block this week no matter what, what dude-bro's are safe unless Canada is stupid.

Kenny is amazing and I kind of can't wait till it blows up in the house that he's gay because of the drama it will cause as how he has played that.

Also the cat ladies are going nuts because Allison is in a relationship and is cheating on her boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just caught up on this.

Ika's kind of a bitch in general so she was the perfect person to have that letter decision. Yeah, no one could have reasonably asked her to sacrifice $5000 for the people who had screwed her over and were going to send her packing but only Ika would do it cackling and burning some of their secrets. Credit to Sarah for actually owning this and admitting she did the right thing and didn't say anything that was untrue. Sarah's easily the one who was most hurt by those letters with her missing her kids but she's also way more of a reasonable adult than the Dude Bros.

Kenny's a smart guy and is playing this extremely well but you can tell what a massive ego he has. I don't know if he can keep that under control. I think there's a real chance he goes the way of Matt Hoffman with the Brigade. He's playing the house and they know it, so far everyone's just too scared to go after him. Stuff like the showmance with Sabrina and that crying thing with Albie just seem unnecessarily manipulative. On a side note I totally knew he'd be BGrifter's favorite. :)

And I'm sure BGrifter knows I'm growing to love Adel. He comes off like an idiot but he seems to really get the house dynamics and how to play this game. Too bad everyone not in Kenny/Sabrina's pocket is an idiot afraid to make a big move. I really hate when the lambs line up for slaughter like that. I don't think Adel's going to last long enough to be able to do anything and most everyone seems clueless or resigned to letting Kenny's crew fly clear but at least he's got a free week thanks to the Canada HOH.

I wonder who will go up. I have to assume Sabrina since alternates between smug and emotional wreck but I don't know who else. I assume Canada is enjoying Kenny but Andrew's an rear end in a top hat so I could see him up. I wonder if Sarah could see herself up there given her screwing over the women/Outsiders the other week. Its definitely a cool idea that helps to maybe break up this stranglehold the First Five have over this house. I'm not sure anything short of an Adel or maybe Heather HOH would have done that. Maybe Neda?

I'm enjoying it. Kenny. Sabrina, and the First Five are playing a hell of game and even if I don't love them if they manage to Brigade this throw they deserve the win. There's a lot of fun and likable characters. BBCan's challenges remain fun, especially that Allison/John drinking one. That alone was enough reason to justify Canada putting her in the house over the drag queen, which shocked the hell out of me too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

God I loved the destruction that Ika wrecked during that challenge.

Andrew posted:

:qq:YOU STUPID BITCH!:qq:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The comparison to Matt "The Diabolical Supergenius" Hoffman is actually pretty spot on. Unsurprisingly Matt is another of my all time favourite Big Brother US players and especially RHAP guests. His Wonkacast with Rob C was hilarious.

Adel should be in a spot to slide by for a while if he keeps himself off the radar. Like with Ika last week bigger threats will keep popping up, buying him plenty of time waiting for cracks to form in the big dominant alliance. Personally I think he's a bit of a spaz, but he should be able to stick around a while if he can just chill out and not draw attention to himself.

As for the voting, I have no bloody clue what will happen. It's going to be a smaller number of votes than it would be in BBUS so we could get something really odd. I know Kenny seemed to be getting a lot of hate on RHAP, and they mentioned a movement of LGBTQ (am I missing a letter in that?) people voting against Adel for homophobic remarks on the feeds. The small number of voters makes this one hard to predict.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BGrifter posted:

As for the voting, I have no bloody clue what will happen. It's going to be a smaller number of votes than it would be in BBUS so we could get something really odd. I know Kenny seemed to be getting a lot of hate on RHAP, and they mentioned a movement of LGBTQ (am I missing a letter in that?) people voting against Adel for homophobic remarks on the feeds. The small number of voters makes this one hard to predict.

Canada's nominations? I'm pretty sure it's going to be Sabrina and Andrew, the majority of polls and comments that I've seen have pointed to that, by a pretty wide majority.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 29, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

thexerox123 posted:

Canada's nominations? I'm pretty sure it's going to be Sabrina and Andrew, the majority of polls and comments that I've seen have pointed to that, by a pretty wide majority.

That's definitely the safe pick. Where it could get really weird is if the veto gets used they were saying on RHAP number three in the vote goes up. That third spot could be a real wildcard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was poking around Survivor Sucks and Jokers for the first time with this and from those it looks like the First Five are the least popular with Sabrina, Andrew, and Kenny in the lead. I don't know how much that holds up with the general voting audience but it seemed to hold with the last US season so maybe it something. But even without reading the web or watching feeds I already thought Sabrina and Andrew are safe bets just based on tv edits. It sounds like they're worse on the feeds.

I saw some clip of Adel calling the bro dudes "faggots" and I'm reading that the bro dudes say a lot of lovely stuff. That sucks but it doesn't seem like its nearly as bad as the US cast was. It just seems more like general bad poo poo young people say when they forget people are listening. I won't defend it but it doesn't sound like the pointed and rampant racism and homophobia on display last summer.

BGrifter posted:

. Personally I think he's a bit of a spaz, but he should be able to stick around a while if he can just chill out and not draw attention to himself.
Oh, he's definitely a big goof. I didn't like him much at all when it was him, Kyle, and Paul. But I think he's shown a lot of good game sense since then. He knows Kenny is manipulating the house and that he and Andrew need to be busted up. He played that secret power very well. He was smart to try and work with Ika even if it didn't work out, and it sounds like he's the only one in the house even interested in picking up Heather as an ally. Everyone else seems like they're just content to ride with the cool kids so he just feels like the best chance for a shakeup (well, he or Canada as HOH). Plus I really like that he was loyal to Paul and Ika. It always kind of bugs me when the house bullies someone into a unanimous vote against their friend or ally when it doesn't matter at all. Something like Rachelle flipping on Ika just to buy herself some favor with the cool kids just plays as spineless to me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Something like Rachelle flipping on Ika just to buy herself some favor with the cool kids just plays as spineless to me.

Yeah, the Tina Strategy. Vote out Blindside! your friends because it's way easier than actually rocking the boat they would never suspect it and will respect your Big Move.

Tina was the worst contestant that I've ever watched.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I disliked Paul and Ika so that kind of tainted my perspective on Adel. The loyalty was admirable, but he picked my two least favourite people in the house to be loyal to.

The homophobia thing is kinda lovely but not anywhere near the level of BBUS last summer. I'm not super riled up about it, the only reason I even mentioned it is that it could drive votes against an unlikely candidate this week. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Sabrina and Andrew on the block, but Adel could sneak into that third spot should the veto get used and enough people got mad about it. Third place in the vote could easily be any one of Kenny, Adel or Allison depending on whether the fans hate the first five, Andrew in particular, or Adel's comments the most.

It's not like homophobia has been an impediment to being a beloved Big Brother player in the past. Look at Jeff "Dumbledore" Schroeder.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd put Adel's thing as lower than Jeff's. Jeff clearly has pretty homophobic beliefs and opinions with his "gay people shouldn't be teachers thing". Adel's comment seemed more like the careless use of the word that too many people do. He wasn't actually targeting a gay person or speaking about gay people (he doesn't know Kenny is gay after all), he just was saying a lovely thing he probably says too much. That sucks and its homophobic but its a different, non malicious kind. Which is actually also kind of how I took a lot of GM's stuff last summer (although she was doing constantly so that makes it different, she also got a lot worse at times).

And I actually disliked Paul and Ika too. Ika's a rude rear end who totally played it safe her HOH and then gave Rachelle grief for doing the same. And Paul was a god damned mess who called someone a racist (over and over) as some kind of bizarre strategy. Its hard not to dislike them. But loyalty is loyalty and I get why Adel was friends with them (because they were all outcasted) so it endeared me to him. I tend to pick my favorites emotionally or by who I have fun with. The only other notable things that I've had fun with were the Jon/Allison drunken challenge and Rachelle's HOH win (before she blew it). Jon's a favorite too but he and Allison seem to keeping too close to the First Five and I don't expect Jon to last long if they don't get taken down.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah that was what I was getting at. If people can get over the far worse homophobic rant from Jeff, Adel's slip up shouldn't have any lasting traction. It was a dumb thing to say, but I doubt it'll alienate many fans for more than a week or two.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I know I'm a few years late on this, but I just watched Dan's Funeral for the first time... I'm awestruck, that was a masterpiece.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Caught up with the season today (and I was a little late because they've done a great job keeping the eps off YouTube). It's pretty great so far and it's a million times better than last summer's U.S. version at this point. I really like the cast, and the gameplay and house dynamics are really interesting.

I think Kenny is a smart guy and decent player, but I have to agree with Rob Cesternino and Brian Lynch on RHAP when they were saying his long-term outlook probably isn't good. It's no secret that he's basically running things, so even though the strike didn't come this week, it will eventually.

My favorites at this point are Sarah and Jon I think. I do like how hard Sabrina is playing but the lack of any sort of subtlety to her game is gonna catch up with her.

I'm also really enjoying the RHAP episodes, with the exception of Ian. He really doesn't bring much insight in terms of strategy or having a pulse on the players/house. I think he's more of an expert when it comes to memorizing facts about the show than anything. I also can't stand the radio voice he tried to use on the podcast, plus he's oddly misogynistic and that's really off putting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah I'm with you on Ian, most times he's pretty lame. Once in a blue moon he has a really good insight but most often he just sounds tired and out of it. His weird obsession with having a new Big Brother crush every season and trying to get into their pants at the end is a little skeezy too.

He's no Stephen Fishbach that's for sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never liked Ian. The few times I've heard him on RHAP I've liked him less. I don't listen often and I often base it on the guest but when I see Ian is on that's an absolute non-listen. I was just listening to one with Judd but I couldn't get through it because Judd is just... Judd.

I'm watching some videos of feeds on Youtube and Sabrina really seems like a cross between Amanda and Andy from last summer. She's in everyone's business like Andy and ratting on everyone but she's nothing but walking drama. She just stirs poo poo and freaks out and tries to intimidate people in every video. I wish the feeds weren't done because I'd love to see how she reacted to being nominated (I assume).

So is there a way for an American to watch the show live? If not how fast does Slice put the episodes up on their site?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 30, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really disliked Ian during his season and was surprised by how much more I disliked him afterwards listening to his interviews.

I'm fairly certain that at least a couple members of the jury came out and said that they regretted voting for him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I don't dislike him so intensely as to avoid episodes of RHAP with him, but he adds very little to the show. He has moments where you can see why Rob has him on, but most of the time it's just :effort:

No idea about the Slice website. I guess I should probably check at some point, but I usually just wait an hour or two and view it other ways.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wouldn't be shocked. I get why they voted for him at the time. He was the nice little nerd who overcame social anxiety and weird quirks and he was going against the devious backstabbing former winner who screwed over most of them personally. But then I imagine some of them got distanced from the raw emotions, watched the show, and recognized what a crazy good game Dan played and what a kind of spineless, opportunistic game Ian played. So I imagine at least one or two of them might have changed their tune after all was said and done.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

I really disliked Ian during his season and was surprised by how much more I disliked him afterwards listening to his interviews.

I'm fairly certain that at least a couple members of the jury came out and said that they regretted voting for him.

danielle mentioned regretting voting for dan but i havent seen anything come out of the woodwork from anyone else.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
I hate that they switched the format since BB11 where the jury questioning is done live during the finale. It basically guarantees that the jury has made up their minds going in and that it makes no difference what the F2 says. Ian's jury speech was one of the worst, and at the very least the most delusional, that I've ever heard. Then he went on to absolutely destroy Dan in the vote. It might have been a turning point for me in terms of souring on the American version, which used to be my favorite show. I hated BB15 and there's so much about the show that's grown stale for me.

BB Canada makes me really nervous in terms of projecting players' long terms chances in the game because they're not afraid of implementing game-breaking twists (specifically putting Gary in at the F5 after he spent time in the jury house). I think that's the only thing they really did wrong last season, and I hope they don't go much further than the Canada is HOH thing, because I can kind of live with it; especially since it's still pretty early in the game.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Andrew and Sabrina were Canada's noms, Jon won the veto apparently. There's also a "secret" veto in play for next week too(?)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Turn on the live feeds for the first time. Sabrina is yelling and complaining. Turn them off.

Capt. Supermarket posted:

I hate that they switched the format since BB11 where the jury questioning is done live during the finale. It basically guarantees that the jury has made up their minds going in and that it makes no difference what the F2 says. Ian's jury speech was one of the worst, and at the very least the most delusional, that I've ever heard. Then he went on to absolutely destroy Dan in the vote.
Yeah, I absolutely hate that they've replaced that long, involved jury questioning from the earlier seasons with the "ask one question that has to be answered in seconds" thing they have now. Its so shallow and meaningless. The most that can come from it is some small drama by someone getting called out, or maybe a very pointed question being answered. But the old way was much better since it allowed them to really question the finalists and get some real info out of them. Someone like Ian would have absolutely gotten destroyed in that kind of set up and Andy would have had to defend a lot more of his gameplay (not that GM would have done well with it). Even if it doesn't change the results of the jury votes it was always an interesting thing to watch while the current format is nothing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Teek posted:

Andrew and Sabrina were Canada's noms, Jon won the veto apparently. There's also a "secret" veto in play for next week too(?)

Interesting. Looks like we're set up to find out who was third in the voting. I'm guessing Kenny based on RHAP/what I've seen from Twitter but I sure hope not.

Kind of hoping for a real off the wall nomination because Andrew and Sabrina soaked up the overwhelming majority of the vote.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Really? Why would Jon use the POV on either of them? He's not in the First Five, doesn't seem overly close to either, and he's generally struck me as fairly astute to the house dynamics. The few things I've seen suggested to me he flat out dislikes Andrew/Kenny and knows Sabrina is a poo poo stirrer/rat.

But yeah, I'd guess Kenny or Sarah as #3. Probably Kenny since Sarah probably gained points by not freaking out about the Ika letter thing while Kenny was a big douche.

Edit: I'm watching random stuff from the feed tonight and I get the sense the First Five is mostly exposed. I caught something where Jon is in a long conversation with Sarah where Sarah is trying to reassure their alliance (with Arlie too) while also trying to make him feel better about Kenny who he doesn't trust. Its good game play by Sarah but as soon as they're done Jon bumps into Heather and says "One of us need to win HOH. You, me, Adele, Arlie, or Neda."

Arlie seems to be the only one protected. It seems like the house is fairly evenly divided with Kenny, Andrew, Allison, Sarah, and Rachelle on one side and Adele, Jon, Heather, and Neda on the other with Arlie coasting between the two of them. Sarah's trying to keep her doors open but it sounds like Jon doesn't really trust her. And Sabrina is trying to be good with everyone but I don't think anyone trusts her besides Rachelle, not even the First Five. And Rachelle just seems like an idiot.

Actually, watching/reading a little more it sounds like people are sniffing out Arlie too. Adele sounds like he flat out called the First Five including Arlie.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 31, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

Really? Why would Jon use the POV on either of them? He's not in the First Five, doesn't seem overly close to either, and he's generally struck me as fairly astute to the house dynamics. The few things I've seen suggested to me he flat out dislikes Andrew/Kenny and knows Sabrina is a poo poo stirrer/rat.

But yeah, I'd guess Kenny or Sarah as #3. Probably Kenny since Sarah probably gained points by not freaking out about the Ika letter thing while Kenny was a big douche.

Edit: I'm watching random stuff from the feed tonight and I get the sense the First Five is mostly exposed. I caught something where Jon is in a long conversation with Sarah where Sarah is trying to reassure their alliance (with Arlie too) while also trying to make him feel better about Kenny who he doesn't trust. Its good game play by Sarah but as soon as they're done Jon bumps into Heather and says "One of us need to win HOH. You, me, Adele, Arlie, or Neda."

Arlie seems to be the only one protected. It seems like the house is fairly evenly divided with Kenny, Andrew, Allison, Sarah, and Rachelle on one side and Adele, Jon, Heather, and Neda on the other with Arlie coasting between the two of them. Sarah's trying to keep her doors open but it sounds like Jon doesn't really trust her. And Sabrina is trying to be good with everyone but I don't think anyone trusts her besides Rachelle, not even the First Five. And Rachelle just seems like an idiot.

Actually, watching/reading a little more it sounds like people are sniffing out Arlie too. Adele sounds like he flat out called the First Five including Arlie.

I'm pretty sure they have all called out the finally 5, I would say Arlie goes before Kenny at this point.

I also really feel sorry for Adel given how hard drinking this group is and he doesn't drink at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've been catching up and Adel and Jon both directly call out the First Five. They planned to confront Arlie about it today. His whole game seems to be falling apart with Kenny questioning him last night. Definitely agree Kenny could outlast him. I actually think Sarah could too. I think they're less scared of Kenny because he seems to have played a bad social game and hasn't really built any relationships outside of the First Five. Arlie and especially Sarah are doing a much better job with that but people are catching on and seem like they realize that they could win this way.

Sabrina's game is hosed too and she's scrambling like crazy playing damage control, but no one seems to be buying it. Even the First Five keep talking about how everything she says is in some way a lie. She seems to think she's been nominated either because she's close to Andrew and "Canada wants to see her separated from him" or because she thinks a fight she had with Ika was badly edited (it actually wasn't on TV because it was all a load of bullshit in Sabrina's head). But deep down she clearly knows its because she's a backstabbing liar because she's been running around trying to convince everyone she isn't. Big Brother apparently had to call out one of her lies on the PA so that seems like its shaken her bad.

OnlineBigBrother is a great site. They have youtube clips of all the relevant stuff so I don't have to lose myself in the drat feeds this time. I hope. I got kind of obsessed last summer and was debating skipping them this summer.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Kenny finally revealed he's gay to Sarah. Looks like he knows Andrew is a goner and is trying to really solidify his alliance with her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's been distancing himself from Andrew and was scrambling hard yesterday trying to figure out where Arlie and Jon stood. I think he was relying pretty heavily on the First Five and the noms/POV shocked him into realizing he was playing lazily. But after some recon I think he realized Sarah's been playing the best game in the house so it makes sense to get even closer to her.

Granted, I don't know if that's why he came out but the timing is suspicious and he's obviously not above using his sexuality for the game.

Edit: Oh, I guess he's saying he got freaked out by the fan vote and worried how people were seeing his lie. I think you might have burned that bridge, man. I don't know if its cool or scummy to pretend you're straight and flirt with a chick to win a game but I'm pretty sure its sleazy to do a 180 on it so you don't get screwed by fans who don't like what you're doing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 31, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo, you guys. You have to watch Sabrina on the feeds. She puts BB15 Amanda to shame. Not only is she an emotional wreck. an arrogant bully, and delusional liar but she basically sounds like a cult leader when she talks to Rachelle or some others.

Watch Sabrina get into a fight with Ika and then spin it into such a gaint ball of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit that Big Brother has to go over the PA to tell everyone she's full of poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsBTh8-j7MM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIn_aHZ6Q3s

Watch Sabrina explain why the Big Brother house is so hard for her because she's so used to being the center of the universe and loved by everyone and in control of all things and that's why Canada could never hate her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyReX9xr6_4

Watch Sabrina brainwash Rachelle into feeling good and loved about being manipulated and lied to. Because she loves her and did it all for her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTnhHVUasMQ

Watch Ika sum up the whirling ball of insanity that is Sabrina.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sorry for triple posting but the feeds are worth turning on at this moment as the house is in total chaos.

- Andrew finally decided to start campaigning after Sarah told him Sabrina has been. Kenny, Alison, and Sarah are with him, they think they have Arlie, and they're trying to get Jon/Neda.

- Jon agreed but then told Sabrina and Rachelle that Kenny was campaigning against her, but the idiots didn't believe him. Adel also told them and they dreamed up a big conspiracy about Jon trying to turn the whole house on its head.

- Arlie then told Sabrina that its true and Kenny and Sarah are against her which now has Sabrina spinning and Rachelle completely confused. Kenny is running around the house looking to do damage control.

- Meanwhile Sarah is clueless to much of this chaos and spent forever trying to turn Neda and Jon, which just proved to both of them how full of poo poo she is killing a lot of her game.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 2, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Andrew evicted, Heather is the new HOH. Hahah. Hopefully she totally dunks Sabrina and Rachelle. Probably will be Sabrina and Kenny up first though, with Rachelle as a solid replacement.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 4, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The absolute perfect result. I did a fist pump when the feeds came on and I realized she was HOH. Now all the people who treated her like dog poo poo for a month and think she's a useless moron need to kiss her rear end to stay off the block. Seriously. Sabrina, Kenny, Allison, Rachelle, and even Sarah say the nastiest, shittiest things about her and treat her with absolutely no respect. Its going to be amazing watching them do a 180 and then whining about it in private.

I'm guessing Kenny and Sabrina go up. Heather's side of the house all clearly targeted Kenny as the biggest threat and Heather seems smarter and savvier than to just be petty and target the people who were the meanest to her. But putting up Sabrina covers that too and it pits Sabrina/Rachelle against Kenny/Sarah. That's a perfect play, IMO.

And this also saves Adel's rear end because now he doesn't have to come clean on his secret power. He was trapped in a lie that he could pull someone off the block and put someone up even if they lost HOH. Now he gets to play on his lie that his power runs out in 3 weeks. He was scared shitless that it would get exposed and he'd lose his allies.

edit: Late night Sabrina had an epiphany while talking game with Alison. If Kenny goes up against Rachelle she becomes the swing vote and has to betray one of her friends. After trying to scheme up a dozen scenarios to get her out of this including offering herself up as a pawn against Kenny she finally makes a bold move and reveals the First Five to Alison by name. The goal here is to convince Alison that she's on the bottom of the totem pole and should form a new alliance with Sabrina and Rachelle. Alison seems intrigued. And a little confused. She's not very good at this game.

Although to her credit she's milking Sabrina for every piece of information she has. Considering she was clueless enough to tell Heather to put up Jon a couple of hours ago, she could really use this information dump. Sabrina's spilling every secret she knows including that the stuff Alison has been holding against Jon were all lies spread by the First Five.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 4, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Kenny not telling people he was gay was always going to bit him in the rear end, but at the same time BB does not have a great history with gay players so I can understand keeping it hidden.

I'm glad Heather is HoH, I don't really get why everyone has hated her all alone beyond her kind of childish voice. But then again this game became very highschoolish very fast.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As far as I can tell the Heather hate is just all Sabrina lies. Sabrina's entire game has been to spread gossip and lies and ostracize people and Heather was just one of her first targets before the house figured Sabrina out.

Plus the First Five just can't stand it when someone other than them plays the game. You saw that with the POV thing this week where Andrew and Kenny cursed Heather out for not choosing Kenny even though they never once gave a single reason why it would make sense for Heather to play for Andrew. They just can't see that anyone other than themselves has a right to their own game.

Heather have a nice little speech to Jon, Neda, and Adel last night where she said above everything else she wants them to know that they were here friends when no one else would be and that means everything to her and she is with them because of it. That's what the rest of the house doesn't get as Kenny has already plotted out to threaten Heather and Rachelle and Allison are acting like her best friends. Last week the First Five rationalized Canada putting them up as them wanting to shake up the game but this week its purely that the bad way the First Five and Friends have treated people is coming home to roost.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The whole house is on slop and cold showers because Rachelle ate something despite being on slop. Heather read her the riot act about how she knows Rachelle made a mistake but people are still going to be mad so she should deal with it since its her fault.

Earlier today Sabrina told Rachelle that if she goes up against Kenny than Sabrina will be sending Rachelle home because she "has to" because of the First Five. And Sabrina wouldn't let Rachelle be sad about this because she had to feel bad about what a terrible position Sabrina was in.

And Sabrina did this while they had to talk as sock puppets of other houseguests. Which just confused Rachelle more than usual.

Its been a bad day for poor, stupid Rachelle.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 5, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Heather has informed Kenny that he will be nominated, said its a game move, and says she wanted to at least give him the respect of telling him and letting him play in the POV. Kenny took it surprisingly well. Heather took a chance to mention the Gremlins threw him and Sarah under the bus. Kenny once again showed his great game prowess by trashing Heather's friends and offering Heather "two weeks, if I can."

She also informed Alison she will be the pawn because (a) people were pushing for it and they looked at her sideways when she tried to protect Alison, (b) she thinks Alison has the best chance of winning the POV against Kenny, and (c) she can't have Alison win POV and take down Kenny. She promised if she or any of her allies wins POV they'll take Alison down (Jon, Adel, and Arlie have all agreed). Alison took it badly and was hurt to find out all her allies threw her under the bus.

Heather also told Rachelle she's going up. Just to gently caress with her for getting them all punished and ruining her HOH. Heather is cool.

Both Alison and Rachelle know that the First Five exist and that they are expendable to them and yet neither said a word about it to Heather or pushed for Sarah to go up. Go figure.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 5, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo. Just caught up on the last week and the twist totally turned this season into a Big Brother US 6 repeat. The Canadian Nerd Herd of Adel/Jon/Arlie/Neda/Heather are unbearable. Adel is the most annoying person I've seen on a reality television show in years. Watching them beat the crap out of, gloat, torment and evict the last fragments of the First Five alliance is just sad. It's astounding how incredibly smug they all are after stumbling rear end backward into a twist that played out in their favour.

What a terrible week. They might as well go all in with the stupid twists and have a quad eviction this week to get the predictable boots over with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its amazing how much I disagree with you on that. The First Five are terrible, obnoxious, pompous, assholes who talk down about everyone including each other. They think they're so much better than everyone else. Kenny talked about pissing on Jon and Neda's faces tonight. Sabrina is literally incapable of not making everything about her. Sarah lost her mind the last day over her precious Kenny going up. They're entitled, mean people who shunned (their own words) and verbally abused the others for a month and lose their poo poo whenever anyone plays for themselves. Andrew was their massive rear end in a top hat mascot. The "Outsiders" are goofy and enjoying the tables being turned but that's coming after weeks of having to eat poo poo from these assholes.

Seriously, the First Five are the Canadian Nerd Herd. They think everything is rigged against them. Heather didn't win that HOH. Adel and Ika were rigged those prizes. The fans only nominated them because they wanted drama, there's no way they could dislike them. They whine about everything and think they're better than everyone else. I almost made the comparison last week since the rationalization they were making about Canada's nominations were hilarious.

But don't worry, this isn't shaping out like US S6. I'd compare it more to S5(?) where a group united against the rear end in a top hat Horsemen who had a short run of power that went to their head, but as soon as they were no more everyone started doing their own thing. Sarah is actually very well insulated with good relationships with Arlie and Jon. Arlie is playing his own game and he and Sarah plan to subvert Neda soon so they can lock in Jon. Neda and Jon are playing their own game and plan to subvert Adel and Arlie soon. Adel has been lying to his allies for weeks about his power and no one even thinks he still has it. Neda and Heather just clued into how safe and dangerous Sarah is. And Sabrina just seemed to decide to lead her Gremlins against Sarah after learning how hard Kenny and Sarah have been working against her the last week.

So there's shaping up to be a lot of drama and mixing and matching as things go on. Kenny's elimination should open the game up a bit since the biggest reason for this "us vs them" divide has been the very abrasive, "do as we say" play of him, Andrew, and Sabrina. But the First Five was a joke that fell apart at the first sign of trouble and if Kenny goes this week then "them" should die and the "us" of the makeshift "Outsiders"/Plan B alliance is pretty flimsy and ready to pop. Especially if Sabrina follows in the double elimination (and unless her or her Gremlins win I think the whole house will just unite behind getting Sabrina out in 60 minutes to avoid having to deal with her for a full week).

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 5, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
clearly the first 5 is the nerd herd, as Canada put them up. Americas votes always went against the Nerd Herd in hilarious fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's that same "How could America/Canada hate us? We're wonderful people. They can't like those freaks and bitches over there. Now let's spend 20 minutes saying nasty things and wonder why anyone would dislike us." thing going on.

• Locked thread