Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Rachelle voted out, Jon wins HOH. Looked to be the same one Brendan won a couple season ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Heather's dead.

From the sound of it she kicked major rear end in the HOH and there may have even been a tiebreaker. She also apparently had a really scared/upset reaction to Jon winning so now it looks like Neda is just as spooked as Jon, or at least she's telling Jon she is. I think part of it is that Neda doesn't see Heather as easy to beat as she might have thought. Either way Jon, Neda, and Adel are all saying Heather goes. She needs a POV win.

I really enjoyed tonight's show. Some fun Sloppy Seconds segments, the sweet Heather conversation with Jon and Neda, and we finally saw two of the biggest dramatic stories that the feeds missed - Adel and Sabrina's fight about religion and Adel "ripping the sugar from Sabrina's hand." Gremlins got a generous edit with that nice piece that glossed over the parts where Sabs hosed Rachelle over, and they skipped the insane meltdowns Sabs had the last few days.

I guess I'm one of the only people really watching and enjoying but I really am digging this season. I don't know if I've ever seen an alliance dominate like the Sloppy Seconds have and while that could be boring I don't think it has been because there's been a lot of internal gameplay. They're also just likable and fun, IMO. Jon, Neda, and Heather are actually three of my favorite BB houseguests and I'm kind of content with any way this ends.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
I'm watching and really enjoying, but I tend to fall behind by a few days since I wait for the eps to go up on Slice's site. Your updates on the state of the house are really helpful and awesome, so thank you; it really helps me out a lot.

I was also going to ask who you liked/were rooting for this season. I'm surprised that we have the same favorites, since I'm pretty sure we've disagreed on our taste in Survivor/BB players in the past.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not annoying people, or at least not everyone.

I think I probably have given off a skewed perception of my "favorities" because I tend to stick up for the nice/straight forward players and criticize the mean/dirty players. Really, I don't mind lying. Its Big Brother, that poo poo happens. I can respect a player like Neda who has no compunction about lying but isn't mean, reckless, or deluded about it. Sabrina is the kind of player I hate who lies maliciously, frequently, and makes excuses for it. Players like Dr. Will, Dan, and Danielle Reyes are some of the greatest and most entertaining of all time and they were dirty as hell.

Jon, Neda, and Heather kind of are my ideal houseguests. Strong competitors, smart players, willing to lie but don't do it fragrantly or maliciously, own the fact that they've lied and don't make excuses, and in the end likable and really fun to watch together. They're not righteous but they're also not assholes. I'd love to see them F3 even if that seems unlikely at this point. If that happened I really would be equally satisfied with any of them winning.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Not sure about Neda honestly, she does have a bit of a mean streak in her that pushes the boundaries of being considered "good". Of all the players left (except Sabrina), I think she's a bit more ruthless and personal about getting people out. Dumping all the condiments was borderline, but the Arlie death balloon when he was on the block was a bit too much for me. I'm not sure if she ever admitted to that one.

I think it's easier to swallow that type of thing when the player is both helping themselves in the game and also playing to the viewers. Neda really doesn't take the showmanship angle that Will or Dan does, so a lot of her behavior reads a lot more petty.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neda's definitely got a mean streak and I wasn't really a fan of the condiments thing. But it was pretty harmless so I'm not mad at it either. And I'm ok with people having a bit of an edge. Like I said, she's not a righteous hero but she's not a complete rear end in a top hat either. "Good" people don't have to be perfect.

But yeah, she's not a showman like Will or Dan so it won't come off as well. Jon can be mean or obnoxious sometimes too but he's a showman so it comes off much better. Neda's much more low key so it can definitely feel meaner coming from her.

Heather's pretty much an angel though.

Adel's actually the "meanest" of this bunch, I think. He's just kind of cruel to Sabrina sometimes, and I hate Sabrina. A big part of the problem between Allison and the Sloppy Seconds is that Adel (and Arlie) couldn't stop trashing Andrew and Sabrina. He's gradually lost me as a fan as I've become a bigger fan of the other three.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 25, 2014

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

They're planning on betraying Heather and getting her out but, game aside, do they seem to genuinely like her? She seems so sweet, I'd feel really bad for her if Jon and especially Neda have been fake to her the whole time.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Yer Burnt posted:

They're planning on betraying Heather and getting her out but, game aside, do they seem to genuinely like her? She seems so sweet, I'd feel really bad for her if Jon and especially Neda have been fake to her the whole time.

I don't think they have been faking her out, I just don't believe that Neda at least thinks she can beat her at the end. If either she or Adel make it to the end they can win it based only on the fact they made it through the house despite all the targets they had on their backs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think they genuinely like her. They've been a little snipey about her the last week but I just think that's the house getting to them and her being a little genuinely annoying smothering them and never giving them time alone. All in all I think Jon and Neda are sincere in how they feel about Heather.

She's just a serious game threat. Jon's super spooked by her almost beating him in HOH and dominating the POV. His reasoning is 100% about what's best for his and Neda's joint game. If Adel or Sabrina are in the Final 3 he thinks he and Neda can beat either one of them easily. He also thinks that they'd never work with each other at F4 so its almost a free pass to F3 for Jon and Neda. Heather has way more options, is a much better competitor, and would not take Jon to the end. Really, its a very smart move on Jon's part.

And I'm sure what he's not saying except to the DR is that getting rid of Heather takes away that option for Neda to screw him over.

And for what its worth Neda seems to still be trying to save her. She's been trying to push Adel as a bigger threat and she's already gotten Jon to agree to let her throw POV for prizes. So I think Neda's trying to subtly move pieces into place to save Heather. She just can't make a strong argument against Jon because his reasons for wanting Heather out make so much sense.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Heather won veto, and it's reported Sabrina won $3000. I think that might the only prize.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that was a mistake about the money, pretty sure Neda won it. Or maybe both did but if Sabrina went for money while she was on the block she's an even bigger idiot than I thought. Both Jon and Neda threw the POV going for money and both claim they regret it now. Adel tried and can't believe he lost.

Adel knows he's in trouble. He thinks it will take a miracle for him to win. He said to himself "I'm on the block against the worst player in the game, they'd be stupid to keep me." He's trying to convince Jon that the girls could come together against him so he should put up Neda to make sure Sabrina goes home. Jon claims he'll consider it.

Jon and Neda are both leaning towards voting out Adel because they think Sabs is easier competition for the F4 POV, but they're going to sleep on it and decide later. They both agree they'd have to get Heather on board and have to blindside Adel or else he's stir stuff up.

Sabs told Heather she has something she needs to tell her but she won't tell her until she leaves because she doesn't know if she can trust her. Presumably that's that Jon and Neda were targeting her but Heather's not an idiot and was upset at the way Jon handled the nom (he didn't tell her before hand, he lied to her minutes before the ceremony, and he avoided her after the ceremony) so she of course is already concerned about that.

There was a reward for the houseguests where they had to give up something for 2 minutes with a loved one.
- Jon gets 24 hours of solitary confinement for 2 minutes with his dad.
- Neda gave up her clothes and has to wear a BB onesie (for the rest of the season, I think) for 2 minutes with her sister.
- Heather gave up the HOH Room for the rest of the season (I'm not sure if that means she can't be in it when she's not HOH or just can't have it to herself) for 2 minutes with her boyfriend.
- Adel has to stay up for 36 hours for 2 minutes with his friend.
- Sabrina has to be on slop for some period of time (rest of the season?) for 2 minutes with her sister.

Sabrina being Sabrina commented on how BB gave her the worst punishment because she loves her loved one the most. She also noted that it wasn't the sister she said she had been missing. I assume that means it was the sister who she's always calling "evil" on the feeds and saying she has a "black heart" compared to Sabrina's "beautiful heart filled with nothing but love." That just amused me.

Jon and Neda think their loved ones might have talked before hand because they gave nearly the same advice to them verbatim (but it was just generic "keep playing the game, don't get cocky, you're near the end" stuff).

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
So happy Heather won veto. I still want a Neda victory above anything else, but I really want Heather in the F3 just because she's so nice and had played a pretty decent game.

The latest RHAP weekly recap episode was really good and really fun too. The fact that there was so Ian or Amanda on it this week is probably a big reason why.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Sabrina being Sabrina commented on how BB gave her the worst punishment because she loves her loved one the most. She also noted that it wasn't the sister she said she had been missing. I assume that means it was the sister who she's always calling "evil" on the feeds and saying she has a "black heart" compared to Sabrina's "beautiful heart filled with nothing but love." That just amused me.

lol how can anyone not like her, she is a loving riot

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Capt. Supermarket posted:

So happy Heather won veto. I still want a Neda victory above anything else, but I really want Heather in the F3 just because she's so nice and had played a pretty decent game.

The latest RHAP weekly recap episode was really good and really fun too. The fact that there was so Ian or Amanda on it this week is probably a big reason why.

Heather winning would be pretty funny, especially if it was over Neda who was part team mean girls at the start I think.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

Heather winning would be pretty funny, especially if it was over Neda who was part team mean girls at the start I think.

I think Heather would be a pretty legitimate winner actually. She had a really good HOH reign in the middle of the game that was one of the first big strikes against the First Five, and going by her DRs it seems like she's always had her head in the game. This veto win was obviously huge as well since she was gone without it.

The big problem I would have with Heather winning is that I think Neda has the potential to go down as one of the all-time greats (they actually covered this on RHAP and I agree with them). It will depend on how the endgame goes down and whether she wins or not, but assuming she doesn't make any major mistakes I probably would put her in the discussion for top 5 players of all time. I definitely don't think there's been a female player as good as her for a long time; I would probably have to go back to BB6 with Maggie (although she was obviously horrible and ridiculously unlikable).

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

The big problem I would have with Heather winning is that I think Neda has the potential to go down as one of the all-time greats (they actually covered this on RHAP and I agree with them). It will depend on how the endgame goes down and whether she wins or not, but assuming she doesn't make any major mistakes I probably would put her in the discussion for top 5 players of all time. I definitely don't think there's been a female player as good as her for a long time; I would probably have to go back to BB6 with Maggie (although she was obviously horrible and ridiculously unlikable).

This biggest problem with calling her a top 5 player off all time is without the Canada vote pretty much destroying the first 5 everyone in the house right now was long gone even Sabs is more then likely gone at this point. While she has been amazing since then, it's hard to judge given the massive outside intervention this year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you can say that. Certainly the Canada HOH served as a turning point for this game but we have absolutely no idea how things would have played out. Jon or Neda or Adel or Heather could have won that HOH and sent Andrew home anyway. The main reason this season has played out as it is is because ever since the Canada HOH those four have won every single HOH. If things had been less one sided I'd understand people pointing to the Canada HOH but it seems odd to put that much weight on it given what's followed.

Besides, every season has twists. Most every great player has had to deal with a twist for good or bad.

I think Neda and Jon have both played great games. I think they might be the best partnership in BB history. At the moment I think I'd give the edge to Jon but its very even. I doubt Jon will get the credit he deserves because I suspect people will see him as a dumb jock Neda controlled but he's had his head in this game the whole time and has pushed a number of their moves. He's also played an amazing social game. Neda's got a bit of a strategic edge and she's held her own in comps. Either winning would be a very deserving end to me and I do think if either wins (or both make the end) they deserve some talk in the all time rankings.

I love Heather but I think she's a little less deserving. Don't get me wrong, she's smart and had a great HOH but she's been very passive the last few weeks and it nearly got her in trouble. But she's probably going to need to win HOH or POV next week to make it to the end and if she's done that then she's got a pretty good comp resume to boast. I wouldn't be mad at her winning. She deserves way more credit than her fellow houseguests give her (outside Jon and Neda).

Now Adel or Sabs would be terrible winners.

JakeP posted:

lol how can anyone not like her, she is a loving riot

Its hard to take her a lot of the time but she's casting gold. And since she lost power she hasn't been able to be evil like Amanda was so its a lot easier to enjoy Sabrina when she's on the bottom. Last night she was campaigning to Heather and Neda by arguing that Adel has no jury votes and has no chance of winning the game. Neda finally had to pull Sabs aside this morning and tell her to stop telling people Adel has no votes because then they'll want to keep him. That legitimately hadn't occurred to Sabrina.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Besides, every season has twists. Most every great player has had to deal with a twist for good or bad.

Yeah, this is how I feel about it whenever I see/hear complaints about that. I find it hard to feel sorry for the First Five/Andrew and Sabrina, because game-changing/altering twists have been a staple of Big Brother for a long time, and they very easily could have played their games in a way that didn't make Canada want to put them up. There's something to be said for the fact that I don't think Neda was anywhere near the top of the list of Canada's potential nominees.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Even beyond that the First Five could have played a game where one little roadblock didn't destroy them. Seriously, even if you give the Canada HOH all the credit that means the dominant alliance that controlled the first three weeks fell apart in one week at the first sign of trouble. Something tells me they were doing something wrong if it took that little to unravel their games. I still think its hilarious how Kenny went to Heather the next week to game for the first time all season and went straight to threatening her and calling out his top alliance. The First Five just plain sucked.

Like, I saw on Survivor Sucks that Andy was apparently having a slap fight with Evil Dick on Twitter because Dick called him a bad winner. Andy then ranted about Dick being nothing without America's Player. That argument might hold more weight if Andy hadn't benefited so much from the MVP. Big Brother is about twists. "Expect the Unexpected" has been a catchphrase since like Season 3. It ain't always fair but that's the game you signed up for. All you can do is play the cards you're dealt.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 28, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

Even beyond that the First Five could have played a game where one little roadblock didn't destroy them. Seriously, even if you give the Canada HOH all the credit that means the dominant alliance that controlled the first three weeks fell apart in one week at the first sign of trouble. Something tells me they were doing something wrong if it took that little to unravel their games. I still think its hilarious how Kenny went to Heather the next week to game for the first time all season and went straight to threatening her and calling out his top alliance. The First Five just plain sucked.

The first five did suck, but the whole Canada HOH to me falls like an instant eviction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How so? Andrew and Sabrina still had a shot at POV. And really the third place would have been much more in the air. It could have been Kenny but he wasn't run away hated like those two.

Oh, after thinking about it I guess you mean that you have no chance to influence the HOH which is what the First Five were succeeding at? I guess I could see that. For me I just associated Instant Eviction as all about the POV. If I played the one thing that would kill me would be being backdoored so having no chance for either nominee to play POV is just something I hate. The inability to influence the HOH, though, is also something that happens during a double elimination. If you've played a proactive game it shouldn't hurt you as much.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 29, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Obessive update time!

- Adel is toast. Neda and Heather have decided that he's a bigger threat to him than Sabrina is. Adel didn't do himself any favors by telling Jon lies about Neda and Heather that got back to them (like that they were both pushing F2 deals with him when really everyone knows Adel never talks game to the girls). Adel has really pushed Heather and Neda away the last few days and he's suffering for it now.

- Jon's not happy about this at all. He knows Adel leaving is bad for his game and he's tried to convince the girls that its bad for theirs too. He knows he needs to win POV next week or he's toast. He's a little pissy that the girls aren't taking him into consideration at all and its finally opened his eyes that Neda is playing for herself, not them. He's been guilting Neda about this a bit and its really gotten to her. I don't know if its part game or just fully sincere but either way he's made it clear that he gets she's playing for herself and even if that makes him bitter he loves her. The guilt is hitting Neda pretty hard and she's been brought to tears more than once.

- Sabrina deserves zero credit for this. Seriously, I want to make this clear. She's the worst campaigner in Big Brother history. I've seen her try to convince people that Adel has no votes in jury so they should vote him out, that she knows all the dates and can win HOH so they should keep her, that if she gets to the end with Neda she'll tell people to vote for Neda, and I just saw her openly campaigning to be Final 2 with both Heather and Neda at the same exact time. She's terrible and Neda and Heather HATE the fact that she's going to make Final Four and are scared shitless that she wins next week. Jon's tried to use that to change their minds but they're not budging. But if this somehow flips that's going to be why.

- Seriously, I can't emphasize how bad Sabrina has played. She threatens people. She calls them stupid. She is utterly incapable of recognizing her own mistakes and completely unable not to talk herself up and rip Adel down even when that hurts her case. She lies and contradicts herself in the same conversations. Its been quite a show to watch.

- Neda became the first person to tell Heather that there was a plot to evict her earlier in the week. She put it on Adel. When Adel and Sabrina inevitable tell her today/tomorrow that Jon and Neda were trying to get her out I think its going to just come off as more lies to her. Neda and Jon have once again appear to have done a great job with their social games repairing any damage done with Heather earlier in the week.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Adel voted out.

Twitter spoilers say -------Sabrina wins HOH. Will have to wait for the feeds to return to confirm.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Teek posted:

Adel voted out.

Twitter spoilers say -------Sabrina wins HOH. Will have to wait for the feeds to return to confirm.

Oh please oh please oh please let it be

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds are back, and it appears to be confirmed that Sabrina won HOH. Hahah.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I want her to win so bad. It would be the ultimate cap to an awesome season for me. I don't care about a likeable winner, I want the obnoxious nutcase to win.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Cross posting this here because it is sort of semi-related

JohnCena is doing another season of Forum Survivor. People should sign up:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630188

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Trying to run through all the possible veto scenarios. If Neda or Heather win, they would boot Jon I assume? And if Jon wins, would he still boot Heather? No matter what it would seem Neda is safe, but I was hoping she would just win HOH so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Sabrina winning is hilarious though.

I wonder if Neda feels like she's safe whether she would throw the veto and hope that Heather wins it so she would be the one to cut Jon. It's super risky, but Neda directly sending Jon to jury (whether it's F4 or F3) could be a problem in that it's tough to potentially lose a vote to win from your closest ally.

Sabrina guaranteed F3 is strange too. No matter who is there with her, does the final HOH winner take her to the finals with them? I think it's a little too tempting to pass up right? And this is assuming that Sabrina won't win the final HOH because parts 1 and 2 will probably have some sort of physical aspect to them.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Trying to run through all the possible veto scenarios. If Neda or Heather win, they would boot Jon I assume? And if Jon wins, would he still boot Heather? No matter what it would seem Neda is safe, but I was hoping she would just win HOH so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Sabrina winning is hilarious though.

I wonder if Neda feels like she's safe whether she would throw the veto and hope that Heather wins it so she would be the one to cut Jon. It's super risky, but Neda directly sending Jon to jury (whether it's F4 or F3) could be a problem in that it's tough to potentially lose a vote to win from your closest ally.

Sabrina guaranteed F3 is strange too. No matter who is there with her, does the final HOH winner take her to the finals with them? I think it's a little too tempting to pass up right? And this is assuming that Sabrina won't win the final HOH because parts 1 and 2 will probably have some sort of physical aspect to them.

At this point Sabrina goes to final two unless Jon wins out and keeps Neda over her in for a stupid reason. Everyone else left but her can win at the end and they know it. Enjoy your 20k Sabrina.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Sabrina is any kind of F2 lock because it doesn't seem like any of them are looking at her as a goat. They know she has two locked votes in Rachelle and Allison and they've become very paranoid lately that Canada might like her now because she's the underdog and Adel was an rear end to her. They talk about how scared they are of her in F2 a lot and I think they all believe it only takes one bitter juror to lose to Sabrina. And I think they all hate the idea of losing to Sabrina way more than the idea of losing to each other. If you send Sabrina to jury at least you throw the Gremlin votes up for grabs and take away the wildcard of her being a Canada fan favorite (a crazy idea but one they've really worked themselves into a wreck about).

I haven't watched feeds since yesterday but here's what I'd guess based on before that.

Jon wins POV/HOH he boots Heather and brings Neda to the end. I think he's very loyal to Neda and would rather lose to her than betray her and beat Sabrina. Also I think he just plain thinks he might have a better shot against Neda since he'd have Arlie and Adel's votes on lock with a good shot at Canada and the Gremlins.

Neda wins POV/HOH she boots Heather but I'm not sure who she takes to the end. She's worried that Heather can win the final HOH and might take Sabs for a better chance at winning and thinks Jon is a safer bet to take her so I think that ones an easy call. The HOH is tougher. She doesn't want to sit next to Jon but she's freaked out by Sabs as well. She's convinced not only that the jury hates her but that Canada might hate her for betraying Adel, Heather, and especially Jon. Neda overthinks stuff and if it comes down to 50/50 or close in her head game wise I think she might take Jon hoping that it makes her look better to the jury and Canada. She's also a superfan so I think there might be a consolation prize to her about being able to say she was part of a great team and if she loses to Jon just lost to a great partner. But its Neda so she'll contemplate all these scenarios and more and who knows where she lands?

Heather wins POV/HOH she boots Jon and takes Neda to the end. I don't think there's much question here. She probably SHOULD take Sabrina to the end since it probably locks down Adel, Jon, Neda, and Canada with maybe Arlie too but in the end I think she thinks she's got a shot at Neda and again I think would prefer to risk losing to a good player she likes than Sabrina.

Sabrina wins POV/HOH she boots Jon and I have no idea who she takes to the end. Heather, I guess? She has zero respect for Heather's game and you can tell still thinks Heather is a terrible person no one likes. So she may think she can beat her best since Neda gets more respect as a game player.

So I think Neda is a lock for F3 unless she screws up something bad (and she's been playing a little fast and loose the last week and really hurt her trust with Jon, so it's not impossible). And she's still probably got great odds at F2 but it's not a lock. Sabs could screw things up for her.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 3, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Big Brother gave them food posioning.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Last night Gary from Season 1 came in to dress them for an Awards show. They had food and booze. Neda got wasted and violently I'll and seemed like she'd screwed herself for POV, but this morning Jon and Sabrina woke up very sick as well. So food poisoning from that dinner seems to be the culprit. Heather said she had a stomach ache but was otherwise fine and made some Cajun chicken. As someone who recently made a pot of chili to get over the flu I love Heather.

Regardless, Jon won POV and has already told Heather he's sending her home. Seems like that makes Neda an absolute lock for the F2. I won't say Sabrina can't win final POV since she just proved anyone can win something but she's obviously the underdog. I don't know who Neda would take, though. As scared as she is of Jon she's utterly convinced Canada loves Sabrina and hates her and that Sabs only needs to swing one of Arlie, Adel, Heather, or Jon to win and she's got to be scared about betraying Jon and making him bitter.

I still think that as a superfan she might take her chances with Jon on the grounds that at least she'd get the consolation prizes of being part of a great team and not letting Sabs win. Sabs, forever the great player, really pissed Neda off when she told her that she'd use the prize money to buy a Rolex (Sabrina is rich and transparently materialistic and deaf to the rest of the world while Neda is the daughter of struggling immigrants who has said she would use the money on her mother).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

POV spoiler: Jon won the POV, and straight up told Heather she's going home. Neda/Sabs/Jon final three. Wasted opportunity on Jon's part to take out a big threat, at least in my opinion.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think John beats Heather or Neda easy. I think Sabrina is his best chance to lose final 2. I think Sabrina gets Arlie Allison and Rachelle no problem, just needs 1 more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have a hard time seeing Arlie vote for Sabrina. He had no respect for her game and disliked her immensely. He'd have to be super bitter but he didn't come off that way to me post eviction. If I remember right he said he thought Neda was the most impressive player in the game and really respected her taking him out but if Jon made it to the end he'd vote for him since he had such a hard road.

Sabrina will also maybe lose votes if she gets talk to the jury. She's actually managed to convince Jon and Neda not to take her, I think, with a strong of bullshit. She told them she had secret codes in her letter. She says how much canada loves her. She says she'll waste the money on shopping sprees. Earlier today she pissed them off by trying to threaten them to taker her to F2 or else she'll vote against whoever makes the decision. And she never stops playing the victim. She's terrible and she seems to have driven Jon and Neda into a state where they just can't stand to see her get a chance to win.

No, I don't think Sabs can win. But I also think she's not getting there unless she wins 2 of the last 3 comps. Neda could MAYBE beat Jon depending on how Sabrina shakes out and if she can convince some jurors how hard she played. But that's a hard thing to do the way these juries are constructed so Jon probably wins.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Brian Lynch is convinced that in all scenarios Neda makes F2 and wins the game, even over Jon. I'm not completely convinced, and I worry because a female has never beaten a male in the final jury vote (outside of Jillian of course but Gary was supposed to win that).

I don't remember what they did for season 1, but I assume they followed the sped-up jury questioning format and will do the same this year. I think that's not going to favor Neda, who would definitely benefit from more time to articulate her game to the jury and let everything sink in. I hate the new format; it's rushed, not entertaining, and ultimately hurts good/great players. I think Dan at least stands a chance against Ian if he got the opportunity to say everything he wanted to and if the jury was given time to process it. Instead, Ian gave probably the most delusional/embarrassing jury performance of all time and still destroys Dan in the votes because the jury doesn't have the opportunity to really assess the finalists' games.

As much as I worry about Neda losing in this scenario, a Neda/Jon final 2 would probably be my favorite BB/Survivor F2 of all time. Will/Nicole in BB2 and Todd/Courtney in Survivor 15 would round out my top 3, but this would probably top both. They're both very good players who I am huge fans of, so I can't ask for much more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they played the game together and I'll love it if they finish together. No ones really done this beside Dick and Danielle and that was super dysfunctional and kind of happened almost out of necessity. The Brigade too, obviously, but that was power in numbers.

I think Jon probably wins against Neda but I'm not convinced. Heather and Rachelle have both claimed they'd vote for Neda and Rachelle doesn't like. Jon at all (and is purely an emotional player with no respect for game). Adel and Arlie both have said Neda is the best player and brains of the game but that if Jon makes it to the end they'd vote for him because he would have had to win his way there. If Neda wins final HOH and takes Jon that might change their minds. Allison seems very bitter towards Neda but of she has had time to get over that she does seem to respect Neda as a player. And who knows what Sabs will do? She's nuts. But she just this morning claimed she'll just be bitter and vote against whoever evicts her.

It really comes down to if the jurors (including Canada) favor likability over game. But the fact that Neda is likable and Jon played a good game makes it pretty close to 50/50.

And of course either would beat Sabs. I'd bet money on that.

I'm pretty sure Lynch also hates Jon because he said "human being" once (Jon was immediately apologetic and utterly mortified nearly on the verge of tears and half the house had to convince him it was ok and that how he was reacting says it all about his character). So Lynch might just be biased that way. Then again I'm probably biased against Lynch since I find him to be pretty dumb and selective in his reasoning and he's a large part of why I don't watch RHAP BB recaps.

Edit: I also think the "women can't beat men in the BB finale thing" is pretty silly. I remember looking it up earlier in the season and its only even occurred 3 or 4 times. Will/Nicole, Boogie/Erika, Dick/Danielle, and Andy/GM. In all four cases either the guy was a runaway favorite or great or the girl was a total goat. The only one of those women I could make a case for is Danielle, so I really think we need to see one or two women who deserve to win lose before we scream sexism. If it happens this season Neda's going to be in a pretty unique situation of not only facing a man but having a really strong case to beat him.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 5, 2014

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I'm pretty sure Lynch also hates Jon because he said "human being" once (Jon was immediately apologetic and utterly mortified nearly on the verge of tears and half the house had to convince him it was ok and that how he was reacting says it all about his character). So Lynch might just be biased that way. Then again I'm probably biased against Lynch since I find him to be pretty dumb and selective in his reasoning and he's a large part of why I don't watch RHAP BB recaps.

Pretty sure Lynch likes Jon a lot, it's just that he absolutely loves Neda and her game. I don't remember exactly what Lynch said, but when that incident happened with Jon I think Rob brought it up and Lynch kind of dismissed it and really wasn't offended, basically pointing out how Jon reacted afterwards like you explained. I used to think Brian Lynch was pretty terrible on the podcasts, but I feel like recently he's gotten so much better at assessing the strategic side of things and articulates it much better than he used to. Rob and Brian also seem to be having a lot more fun too for some reason. The real problem for me is when Ian Terry comes on; he can cite facts and statistics about BB, but really has a limited grasp on what's actually happening in the house and offers basically zero insight into anything. A lot of the stuff Ian was saying was downright incorrect on the latest episode and Brian had to correct him multiple times. Add in the weird misogyny and I wish Rob would just drop him.

STAC Goat posted:

Edit: I also think the "women can't beat men in the BB finale thing" is pretty silly. I remember looking it up earlier in the season and its only even occurred 3 or 4 times. Will/Nicole, Boogie/Erika, Dick/Danielle, and Andy/GM. In all four cases either the guy was a runaway favorite or great or the girl was a total goat. The only one of those women I could make a case for is Danielle, so I really think we need to see one or two women who deserve to win lose before we scream sexism. If it happens this season Neda's going to be in a pretty unique situation of not only facing a man but having a really strong case to beat him.

It was probably a stupid thing for me to bring up. You make a really good point that most of the female players were goats in those situations and that no great woman player was ever robbed or anything just because they were sitting next to a guy. Another great thing about a Neda/Jon F2 is that it could go either way so it should be exciting.

I mentioned how much I would love a Neda/Jon F2, but no matter what happens I really, really liked the season. I'm at a point where I'm not even looking forward to the US version that much, since I doubt it will be as good as this and BB15 was so terrible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you're stupid for bringing it up. The only reason I knew those pairings off the top of my head was that I looked it up a few weeks ago when someone on another board brought it up. Its just one of those commonly repeated stats that seems like it makes sense when you first see it but then when you start to examine the context of it it looks a lot more like coincidence than any kind of meaningful pattern.

Mea Culpa on Lynch. I don't follow him and like I said I don't watch the podcasts, I just knew he had "quit" feed watching and thrown some kind of fit over social media over the slur Adel said. I assumed he did the same for Jon.

But yeah, I loved this season. I was really down on the prospects of BB16 after the shitstorm BB15 was. I really didn't think I was going to buy feeds or follow as closely as I did last summer. Then I jumped into this season and the free feeds about 3 weeks in and have loved it. Now I'm reconsidering buying the BB16 feeds but, yeah, I don't expect the cast or gameplay will live up to the Canada season. But here's hoping BBUS learned some lessons from BB15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hahaha Final 3. I hope the John/Neda votes get split and Sabrina wins. GREMLINZZZZZ

• Locked thread