Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
No way Neda wins though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I'm rooting for Neda! I think she's played the smartest game by far. I don't think I've seen her make a single mistake. Jon is great too, but I find him to be a little dopey, especially in regards to his and Neda's relationship. She could've easily screwed him over many times (and she still might tonight if she takes Sabrina to F2). I feel like he's put himself in very vulnerable situations due his blind faith in his alliance with her and their friendship, while Neda is smart enough to realize that it's a game and she will cut him if necessary.

I haven't really kept up with the feeds though, so I might be off in my observations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure its a final 3

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I won't get a chance to watch till tomorrow but Jon should have blindside Neda as he can win against her.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Finale on right now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Pretty sure its a final 3

I stand corrected.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jon wins HOH part 1.

Neda wins HOH part 2.

Looks like Ian and Judd are in the audience. Dan leading the jury house questioning.

Jon wins HOH part 3 and evicts Neda.

Teek fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 9, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
YOOOOOOOO! NEDA GTFO

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
VOTE SAB VOTE SAB VOTE SAB

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Right move for Jon. I think he would have lost against her.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Heather + Neda plz be bitter

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
booooooooo

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well congrats to Jon, looks like he won 6-1. He played a solid game.

I wasn't as high on Neda as some people here. I also think she took credit for her moves in controlling others a bit more than what really happened. As in, she had several DRs where she played up reverse psychology and letting the people in control think the decision was their own when they nominated certain people, when in actuality they were doing what she wanted. That was always a bit asinine to me. So you didn't push for something to happen, and people did X, which is what you wanted the whole time? That doesn't mean you made them do that, it just means they did something which aligned with what you wanted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haven't seen the show yet since I'm American.

Neda really did have a lot of influence but I wouldn't say "control." She was pushing for Jon to backdoor Arlie for awhile leading up to her and a Heather convincing him. She got Allison out as a solo move. She was a part of all the Kenny, Sarah, and Rachelle moves. She fought Jon hard on Adel and stood her ground. I don't know if she played it up like she was a puppet master on the finale (which I would agree would be overstatement) but she definitely had a ton of influence and always seemed to get her way. Part of that is because she often shared interests with allies but on more than one occasion she helped get them there.

The "reverse psychology" thing where she claimed she wanted Heather out but was pushing Adel to get Jon to want Hesther out more was a little suspect and surprising, but it kind of adds up. Leading up to Jon wanting Heather gone Neda was saying a lot of things that helped get him there. A lot of people were saying she messed up badly with that when it seemed she wanted Heather to stay, but if she really did want Heather gone then it kind of makes sense. Its weird but its one of those things hard to know since she was playing everyone in the house.

But Jon is a great winner. I'm shocked he evicted Neda but its kind of the last "flaw" he had in that he seemed fiercely loyal to Neda and blind to her as a threat. If he really saw she could best him and realized she was going to cut him that's pretty huge. He was a great social player as evidenced by a landslide victory of jurors he put in the jury. He was a massive challenge beast as evidenced by him winning out the last few weeks when he knew a loss would send him packing. And he was a pretty strong strategic player second only to Neda and maybe Sarah. He had connections around the house and was generally in on every move and got his way almost as much as Neda (the Adel thing being the sole exception). One of my favorite winners ever and I think I'd probably put him (and Neda) somewhere in my Top 20 players (and probably my #1 team even over the Brigade or Chilltown).

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Booooo, Neda deserved to win. Though I do respect Jon a lot more for cutting her. I didn't think he'd have the balls to do it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Now that the season is complete, I'll close this thread. We're already starting to get news related items regarding BB 16, so that thread might go up soon.

BB US 16 general thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636637

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reopening this thread to briefly update that this officially got renewed for season 3 finally, it's also moving off Slice to Global, which I believe is a far more widely available channel. It's the channel they usually simulcast the first episode on:

https://twitter.com/BigBrotherCA/status/474147350386995200/photo/1

• Locked thread