Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

redbackground posted:

Don't tell Gavok but I found the perfect BSSSS gift for him ssssssshhh:

That sure is a poop emoji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
If you have been reading the main deadpool series, you should pick up Deadpool Last Days of Magic #1 today. Important stuff happens in it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Senor Candle posted:

If you have been reading the main deadpool series, you should pick up Deadpool Last Days of Magic #1 today. Important stuff happens in it.

Yup :smith:

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Normally I would never admit I jumped on a bandwagon but I kinda consider myself a Deadpool bandwagon jumper since I only knew his name in a old xmen game and read a couple comics after someone complained about him in xmen origins and my first Deadpool series I owned was dead presidents, which I loved. I been reading his start in marvel unlimited while buying his annuals digitally but seems parts are still missing besides his annuals from unlimited and I can't really tell. I am only up to year1998 in his release and would like to read as much as possible even willing to buy the missing parts of I only knew what was missing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well you've got his first appearances in the last issues of New Mutants, and then in the early issues of X-Force. After that you can jump here:

Deadpool Core Titles

Deadpool 1-4 - The Circle Chase (1993)
Deadpool 1-4 - Sins of the Past (1994)
Deadpool v1 1-69 (1997-2002) - Also during this run you have: Deadpool -1, 0, Deadpool & Death Annual, Daredevil & Deadpool Annual
Agent X - 1-15 (2002-2003)
Cable & Deadpool 1-50 (2004-2008)
Deadpool v2 1-63 (2008-2012) - Also during this run you have: Deadpool Annual 1, Deadpool 33.1, 49.1, 900, 1000
Deadpool v3 1-45 (2013-2015) - Also during this run you have: Deadpool Annual 1-2, Deadpool Bi-Annual
Deadpool v4 1-Current (2015-Current)

Deadpool Side Titles

Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth 1-13 (2009-2010)
Deadpool Team-Up 899-883 (2009-2011) - Yes, that's correct, this series is to be read backwards
Deadpool Corps 1-12 (2010-2011)
Spider-Man Deadpool (2016)
Deadpool and The Mercs For Money (2016) - Ongoing followup to the mini coming this year

Deadpool Minis

Deadpool: Suicide Kings 1-5 (2009)
Prelude to Deadpool Corps 1-4 (2010)
Fear Itself: Deadpool 1-3 (2011)
Deadpool: The Gauntlet 1-13 (2014)
Deadpool vs Carnage 1-4 (2014)
Deadpool vs X-Force 1-4 (2014)
Hawkeye vs Deadpool 0-4 (2014)
Deadpool vs Thanos 1-4 (2015)
Cable & Deadpool: Split Second 1-6 (2015)
Deadpool and The Mercs For Money 1-5 (2016)

Other Deadpool Titles Not Necessarily in Continuity

Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War 1-4 (2010)
Deadpool MAX 1-12 (2010-2011)
Deadpool MAX II 1-6 (2011-2012)
Deadpool Pulp 1-4 (2010-2011)
Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe 1-4 (2012)
Deadpool Killustrated 1-4 (2013)
Deadpool Kills Deadpool 1-4 (2013)
Night of the Living Deadpool 1-4 (2014)
Return of the Living Deadpool 1-4 (2015)
Deadpool's Art of War 1-4 (2015)
Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars 1-4 (2015)

Deadpool Specials

Baby's First Deadpool Book
Deadpool Team-Up: Deadpool and Widdle Wade
Deadpool & GLI: Summer Fun Adventure
Deadpool Family
Lady Deadpool
Wolverine & Deadpool: The Decoy
Deadpool: Games of Death
Death of Wolverine: Deadpool & Captain America

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's a moment in this week's Spider-Man/Deadpool where Spider-Man runs into someone and I'm genuinely surprised they went there. It won't lead to anything, but it still feels like a major incident to happen in a book that is only half Spider-Man's.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I was rereading The Gauntlet and I noticed this line.

I'm wondering if something will come of this or if it was just a throw away line.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 23, 2016

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Latest issue of Deadpool/Spiderman was quite funny. It's a side story, with Scott Auckerman guest writing! They go to Hollywood so Auckerman can take a bunch of jabs at superhero movies, and a few quips directly at the Deadpool movie. In fact, I would recommend the rest of the short series so far.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So did anyone else hate that backup story in Deadpool 21? I kept finding my eyes glossing over the pages, the faux Shakespearian text was difficult to parse in places, and then I found myself not caring. I didn't even end up finishing reading it, as soon as I realized that it didn't tie into the main storyline, and wasn't going to return to it. Felt like I was wasting my time, and I could see why they stuck it in a main issue (no one would want to buy this as a one-shot).

Speaking of, Deadpool: Too Soon was also horrible. The jokes didn't land (saying "Parkour" as you parkour isn't a joke), characters weren't in character (especially SQ), and the plot didn't seem to work (they counted Howard the Duck as a suspect, despite the fact he left the room). I wonder if Back in Black was any better, but I really just hardly ever do the minis anymore unless people say they're good. I clearly picked wrong here.

And finally, Deadpool/Spider-Man. What hell is Itsy-Bitsy? :stare:

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I did the exact same thing with the backup. I started skimming until I just got tired and was like "Why is this in here, and why is it longer than the main story?"

Too Soon was just what it was. I kinda figured I'd have to turn off my brain early on since it was just a gag book. Back in Black has been rough, but I haven't read ANY of the other Deadpool books Bunn has done, and I see why now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shawn posted:

I did the exact same thing with the backup. I started skimming until I just got tired and was like "Why is this in here, and why is it longer than the main story?"

Too Soon was just what it was. I kinda figured I'd have to turn off my brain early on since it was just a gag book. Back in Black has been rough, but I haven't read ANY of the other Deadpool books Bunn has done, and I see why now.

Deadpool vs Carnage was good, and Bunn did that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tonight I was walking around Barnes and Noble and saw the second hardcover for the Duggan/Posehn run.

Cool, that's like one of the best Deadpool story arcs ever. I... wait, hold on...

Wait a minute...

*frantically types quote into phone to see what article that came from*

:stare:

I think I need to get this cover framed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's pretty neat!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Tonight I was walking around Barnes and Noble and saw the second hardcover for the Duggan/Posehn run.

Cool, that's like one of the best Deadpool story arcs ever. I... wait, hold on...

Wait a minute...

*frantically types quote into phone to see what article that came from*

:stare:

I think I need to get this cover framed.

Sounds like you need to be getting a cut of the sales.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Try contacting the publishing company or something or Posehn on twitter and try to angle for an interview thing at Comic Con....

And then make all the money/power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gavok posted:

I wrote a bunch of stuff about what constitutes as Deadpool's rogues gallery. Mostly a bunch of one-off obscure characters he fought.

And now I realize that I never talked about T-Ray in the STAH.txt thread. I need to rectify that.

this was a while ago, but i only recently started reading Deadpool again and caught up with this thread so--you missed one of the most obscure one-off characters that DP has ever fought: D.P.!

and by that, I mean Daniel Peyer, the Interpol who chases him in Sins of the Past. he's pretty much an afterthought compared to Black Tom and Juggernaut, but the series literally ends with him swearing to get revenge on Deadpool someday, somehow:

• Locked thread