Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Deadpool Max was enjoyable. However, every time I think of it, the first thing I remember is the mashed potatoes Domino. The art was pretty bad in parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

At this point I'm just hoping that after it's all done (shortly after) they put the whole collection on sale. I want to read it, but I also just bought new tires for my car.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't really recall the art other than it looked like the motion was a bit more warped. However you can tell that this issue was shoehorned into the Original Sin story. There was about two pages to that plot and that's it. Deadpool clearly cares more about Dazzler and the vampires plot. It seems like they just reworked the subplot about his daughter into this issue. But the issue seemed to be a bit disorganized to me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Also, it was announced on Twitter that Paul Scheer and Nick Giovannetti are doing the Bi-Annual in September.

Didn't we get two Annuals this year already? Shouldn't this be a Tri-Annual?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The other thing to know is that about halfway through Cable & Deadpool is that Cable got his own solo title about halfway through. This just explains something later on in the C&D comics, that I won't really explain since you're going to try to read through it all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't read #4 of DvXF yet, but I imagine that it will be a miniseries I forget about entirely in about a year. DvH however started out pretty perfect. I love that it's up-to-date with the small things from both series. Deadpool being a father and Hawkeye being deaf and hell, it was enough for me to say he owns a building even. "Hawkguy" was just the cherry on the top.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

There were also no feet anywhere in the issue.

But drat, Duggan knows how to just shove in gut punches even in issues that contain hilarious things like that which aren't serious at all.

Also, Deadpool's guns changed appearance every panel.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

gently caress, yeah me too. I picked it up because I enjoy Peter David. I usually pass on Deadpool minis.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not even convinced anything on the yacht happened. Seemed too much like the end of a movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't Doctor McNinja's Chris Hastings do a 4 part (or so) Fear Itself tie-in? I forget the number of issues.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

Yep, he's on the list. He also did an awesome A+X issue where Deadpool teamed up with Hawkeye.

Ah, I didn't see that for some reason. And yes, that team-up was awesome, and I'm pretty sure his idea for exploding hulk hand arrows showed up once or twice more.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Deadpool Corps should be at the bottom of the list. gently caress that series.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

That would be Gischler. He's really low on the list, but let's be honest, he wasn't responsible for the series' #1 problem, which was Liefeld art.

Yeah, the art was just about the worst Deadpool has ever had (that or mash potatoes Domino from MAX), but I can't remember a single thing from Corps. Only the Prelude had some good issues. The series had some outer space adventure with some blue guy as the baddie. It was generic and forgettable.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:smith: I liked the idea of stitched-together Deadpool. I thought it was one of the few interesting things from the Way run. Maybe not have him be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil, but rather like an old Deadpool that was a bit more chaotic.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone checked out Mercs For Money yet? I kindof don't care for it as it is written by someone I don't know. But after the 25th anniversary issue, I'm liking the side characters more. I don't have any hopes for the comic however, and still have trauma from getting all the Deadpool comics (from the Deadpool, Merc With A Mouth, Team-Up, Corps phase).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So did anyone else hate that backup story in Deadpool 21? I kept finding my eyes glossing over the pages, the faux Shakespearian text was difficult to parse in places, and then I found myself not caring. I didn't even end up finishing reading it, as soon as I realized that it didn't tie into the main storyline, and wasn't going to return to it. Felt like I was wasting my time, and I could see why they stuck it in a main issue (no one would want to buy this as a one-shot).

Speaking of, Deadpool: Too Soon was also horrible. The jokes didn't land (saying "Parkour" as you parkour isn't a joke), characters weren't in character (especially SQ), and the plot didn't seem to work (they counted Howard the Duck as a suspect, despite the fact he left the room). I wonder if Back in Black was any better, but I really just hardly ever do the minis anymore unless people say they're good. I clearly picked wrong here.

And finally, Deadpool/Spider-Man. What hell is Itsy-Bitsy? :stare:

• Locked thread