Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

As the creator of the old thread, I really like the title of this new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I think either there were rights issues or they just wanted an X in the title (Cable's solo book was also renamed to Soldier X at about the same time). I don't know where that volume leaves of, but without ruining it for you it's not exactly what it seems. If you don't care about spoilers then Agent X is not Deadpool. He's a new character that was created out of Black Swan, Deadpool, and one of Black Swan's henchmen. Basically it's the henchman's body with parts of Black Swan's and Deadpool's personalities and abilities mixed into it. I really wish he would show back up in the Deadpool books every once in a while.

Way used him and made him really fat.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This finally leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoMxA9qcmzM

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Already taken out.

I am a fragile ball of emotions now.

Yeah, that was fast as hell. It's good, though.

E: If you've read the leaked script you know what to expect in it.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 28, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

That kinda looks like someone handcam'd a Garry's Mod movie made using the model from the Deadpool game, but I'm a natural cynic.

It's CGI test footage. It's also clearly Ryan Reynolds voice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

From Ryan Reynold's twitter, our first shot of him in the full movie costume:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What's the scene in Wade Wilson's war you hated that much? I read that series and can't remember a single thing about it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

Wade is testifying at this big trial thing and he removes his mask to reveal what the government's done to him. Everyone's shocked and it's a cliffhanger. Then in the next issue, it shows that he's Michael Jackson under the mask. And he starts beating up guards while singing "Poker Face." Then he takes the mask off and has another Deadpool mask on underneath.

But...but Poker Face isn't even a Michael Jackson song...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Here's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

Just saw those. Looks like they're going with the leaked script from a few years back.

Yeah, there seem to have been a few changes made since then, like what song he's listening to on the bridge (in the script it was Hollaback Girl), but it's very much that script in a lot of ways.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I fully support that change if only to have a character named Negasonic Teenage Warhead in any movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really hope that shot of Wade/Vanessa banging means the montage of them having sex in different holiday themed costumes to show the passage of time is still in from the leaked script.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Morena Baccarin confirmed it is

gently caress. Yes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Why in the world would someone want to own Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

On it's own it's not very good, but taken with the two sequels I actually quite liked the story it told.

Merc With A Mouth and Deadpool Corps on the other hand...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They're re-releasing the Deadpool game for Xbox One and PS4.

Why would they do this?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The actual gameplay is passable, like a low rent Devil May Cry, but the writing is Daniel Way at his absolute Daniel Way-iest, but also allowed to say "gently caress" so he does it constantly. It's insufferable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of Agent X, how lame is it that he's one of 5 comic book characters I have a pitch for?

I've got a Dr. Bong mini-series pitch, so...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Plus, everything kinda got reset, thanks to Secret Wars, so even if he lost weight, he'd be back to how he was before.

Or if he gained weight back after losing it, he might be back to losing it again!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's the REAL Wade Wilson, who wasn't actually Deadpool or T-Ray.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It also has teleportation listed as a power, when that was just a device he had, and hasn't used in years.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seeing as Deadpool is currently married to a horrific monster (who, true, can also look like a hot chick) I'd say that falls into a pretty non-standard relationship.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

Has Deadpool said that? It would be interesting to note examples of him talking about his sexuality other than jokes. For example it is interesting to see how a character evolves, is it fair to say this wasn't part of his character in the Joe Kelly 90s days? Why so negative on talking about this aspect of the character?

For example he has said he's not into dudes when written by Daniel Way, at least that's a line in the video game. As juvenile as that line may be, it's an example. He hit on a chick who said she's only into women, and he said me too or something like that. And it's a joke so it doesn't mean anything necessarily. It's just a topic to discuss, if the evolution and examples of a fictional character's sexuality doesn't interest you, that's fine.

He's a fictional character that has been written by many writers. He is whatever the current writers say he is. Both the current comic writer and the director of the films have said he is pansexual. So he is pansexual until some other writer comes in and says no he is not. This is how fiction works.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok, your article has torn this thread apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think the wife stuff has been fine, it just seems like it's taken a backseat to the other stories being told and hasn't really been relevant since like, the second or third arc after the marriage. It feels like it's building towards something, maybe, but the payoff just hasn't come yet.

• Locked thread