Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

According to the Marvel Wikia, the actual "marriage panel" that we've all seen happens in Deadpool #27, which comes out next month.

This month, we get to see a Deadpool/Nick Fury team-up, evidently...in Fury's prime.

That has a lot of potential. Can you say "dueling rocket bikes"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Senor Candle posted:

He never actually wrote the main Deadpool series did he?

He created the character. I'm no fan of the guy, but it wouldn't have killed them to give him a backup story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure he is already invited to the wedding, and did he ever write him? In X-force he was the artist but never the writer. To be fair Marv Wolfman and George Pérez created him.

He wrote Deadpool Corps for a while.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Senor Candle posted:

I was kind of figuring Acker and Blacker were being groomed for it, but they are doing Tbolts now. After their first annual I wouldn't mind seeing them have a crack at the main series.

I'd like to see Matt Fraction or Jason Aaron do it, but that's probably unrealistic. Charles Soule would be good too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EVGA Longoria posted:

Anyone who doesn't like Deadpool Annual 2 is not a good person.

Deadpool posted:

I thought it was alright, but nothing special.

Post/av/quote combo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Senor Candle posted:

Oh! I figured someone else would post about it but there is a Deadpool+Cap team up book in this latest solicitation that deals with Wolverine's death. Written by Duggan so hopefully it's good!

Peter David is also writing a mini-series based around the Art of War by Sun Tzu featuring Deadpool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Yea the whole piss take on Aja was spot on, I love Aja but sometimes it can be a bit much. I loved him just completely confused and like " Is the dog solving the crime?"

Also the fact he apparently knows sign language.

He's had hearing problems before.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume there's been a new wrinkle added that Sabretooth is actually feeling bad for Wade (I'm a trade waiter)?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Deadpool Bi-Annual was great. Also Gavok you left out the recent Deadpool annuals. The one with Madcap was fantastic, I didn't care much for the other one even though it seems I was very much in the minority on that.

I believe it was Mark Waid who once said that the key to writing comic books was giving people what they wanted, without them realizing that's what they wanted.

The Madcap thing is a good illustration of that, because to me it was the best possible explanation of the white boxes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well, this isn't great news....[POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT]

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2014/09/rumor-death-of-deadpool-in-march-2015.html

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

Seems kinda stupid to kill off a character that's going to get a major movie released.

They'll relaunch in time for the movie with a #1, thus suckering thousands into buying it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

redbackground posted:

Everything up to and including the joining-the-X-Men arc was good Deadpool, and was responsible for getting me really into the character (plus, it happily made me check out the earlier Kelly and Nicieza stuff). Everything after that was a progressively larger dumpster fire that no one cared to put out.

A lot of it was also mired in Deadpool being an absolute rear end in a top hat, and not even a funny one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

He also is/was a goon posting as Dr. McNinja, and a pretty nice guy based on his response to a bizarre and drunken email I sent him. He was part of a strange naming trend that inspired my own "Dr." user name.

...so, you're not a real doctor? Charlatan!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is the Duggan/Posehn team sticking around?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is still my favorite Sabretooth appearance from the last few years:

I also enjoyed a previous bit in the run where Sabretooth informs the Hand that pasta night is cancelled because of the contract on Deadpool popping up on his phone

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Kinda sad it looks like we're sticking with Hard Man Making Hard Choices Cable instead of the warrior monk thing he had going in the original C/D run.

Agreed, that run is the most I ever liked Cable.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Duggan stated in an X-Position that he will NOT be using T-Ray.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

It also has teleportation listed as a power, when that was just a device he had, and hasn't used in years.

For a while when he was psychically linked with Nate he could bodyslide

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

After reading so many Spider-Man/Deadpool crossover stories, I think Kelly really gets the dynamic. On one hand, Deadpool completely, genuinely admires Spider-Man. On the other hand, Spider-Man's tendency to barely tolerate Deadpool causes him to see Wade as just a crazed nuisance and barely a human being to begin with. Deadpool catches onto this and it hurts him.

It's a lot like how things used to be between Deadpool and Wolverine, only he expects that kind of abuse because that's how Wolverine is. Having Spider-Man talk down at him and, at best, patronize him stings him because it's Spider-Man saying it. Even before they got along, Captain America at least respected Wade while thinking he was a nut.

I feel like it'll be satisfying when Spider-Man has his moment like Logan did.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

redbackground posted:

Don't tell Gavok but I found the perfect BSSSS gift for him ssssssshhh:

That sure is a poop emoji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shawn posted:

I did the exact same thing with the backup. I started skimming until I just got tired and was like "Why is this in here, and why is it longer than the main story?"

Too Soon was just what it was. I kinda figured I'd have to turn off my brain early on since it was just a gag book. Back in Black has been rough, but I haven't read ANY of the other Deadpool books Bunn has done, and I see why now.

Deadpool vs Carnage was good, and Bunn did that.

• Locked thread