Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I've been practicing on CS:E on vita and the one thing really holding me back is the fact that my left thumb isn't fast enough to dash. Is there some trick to the double-tap timing besides "really fast"? I can sometimes air dash, but not consistently.
Just play Tager. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wait, did you just imply Kokonoe doesn't rule?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I can't hear you, it's the continuum shift!

But no to me the BlazBlue plot is an incomprehensible string of nonsense from the beginning so I just focus on the dialogue itself and a lot of it is pretty fun, and Kokonoe's foul-mouthed and 'gently caress off' schtick is one of the funner ones to me. Like her putting a bomb into Ragna's arm is the kind of poo poo I go through the story modes for to begin with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiffo posted:

I saw "DEFAULT" and "ARCADE", but no "OFF"
ARCADE would be the off button, wouldn't it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Don't you mean topped at Hokuto no Ken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv3eEFXQAcw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

See also: Hazama and Valkenhayn who haven't really left top tier since their introductions even with some nerfs. Arc does that a lot honestly.
Slayer was never bad in any iteration of Guilty Gear, was he?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless you like clusterfucks and cliches I guess.
I love them.

That said it really isn't for everyone, and unlockable characters in fighting games in 2014 is inexcusable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's weird because the story seems perfectly willing to take the piss out of itself and the characters ("Everyone, stop crying! And... Carl, I know you can't stop crying, but just. Try to keep it down.") but at the same time it takes itself super seriously 90% of the time. It's like the gag/bad/non-canon endings and the main story are written by two entirely separate people.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Munsun posted:

Who are some good Litchi players I can look out for on youtube? I don't know poo poo about this game!
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5982-cp-litchi-faye-ling-video-index-discussion-updated-112014/

Dustloop has a thread with her fighting every member of the cast, along with notable players. I don't know poo poo about Litchi so I can't speak for how good these players are, but they're Japanese so they have to be pro. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You won't understand the story even if you've played every other game in the series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alcharagia posted:

So my friends explained some of the plot to me and my understanding of it is that there's this time traveling dude named Ragna whose siblings all want to bone him and so does a vampire and he has to beat up a dude with a Michael Jackson hat because he's just kind of a douche. Also there is a man with rocket fists. Is that about right?
Also a lady had sex with a cat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Devour or Fire posted:

Blazblue radio is canon.
BlazBlue radio is an hour of the voice actors making cock jokes.

So I can only hope it's canon, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beergod posted:

God drat story mode is insufferable. Have any of you actually made it all the way through?
Yes. Iunno, I had a bit of fun with it. A few of the characters are likeable and all the ridiculous plot twists and dumb moments make it pretty fun to try and figure out what the hell is going on. If you try to take it as a serious story it's pretty terrible, yeah, but if you treat it like reading a bad fanfic or something it can be enjoyable.

• Locked thread