Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judas Iscaredycat
Mar 14, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

With no changes to the way AI works, or monster scaling and balance, it still means that the leveling experience is still going to be pretty boring, and defending your castle at lower levels still frustrating and barely fun.

It looks like they've been testing some bigger changes in a closed beta. There's no indication of what those might be, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Is it just me or are the classes really imbalanced? I started off as a knight and hit a brick wall around level 16-17 where I'd lose more raids than win. Now I tried the archer via free trial, got him to level 15 in like two hours and haven't lost a single raid. There's just so much more utility with the archer

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'd say the game in general isn't very balanced, especially when leveling.

Judas Iscaredycat
Mar 14, 2013
I just came back after ignoring this game for months and holy poo poo is this new crafting system terrible. I was playing for over an hour and I think maybe I've got enough material for one chicken. And all my old monsters are "cursed" now. Do they think this kind of change is going to get people to come back? I also like how this games never going to actually leave beta.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Judas Iscaredycat posted:

I just came back after ignoring this game for months and holy poo poo is this new crafting system terrible. I was playing for over an hour and I think maybe I've got enough material for one chicken. And all my old monsters are "cursed" now. Do they think this kind of change is going to get people to come back? I also like how this games never going to actually leave beta.

Wait, what did they do? I haven't played for months either.

Judas Iscaredycat
Mar 14, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

Wait, what did they do? I haven't played for months either.

All the traps and monsters you use for castle defense have to be crafted now. That means in addition to the lifeforce cost, they all have a "crafting material" cost, like ten goat eyes and fifteen evil cogs and five devil horns (most of them require three different kinds of items). These items will drop randomly during castle attacks and each type of item takes up an inventory slot when you find them. Some of them are rare. Good traps and monsters have extremely high costs, like bosses require forty or more of one kind of item in addition a smaller amount of two other kinds of items. I didn't see any bosses in the up-to-date castles I played. If you have a validated castle full of stuff from before the change, everything in your castle is "cursed" and is essentially half as powerful as it should be.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Cool I can clear some hard drive space then. Good news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Things are happening. Kiting fixes (totems that leash your creatures back). The end of archer/mage supremacy through nerfing rolls, volley and vortex rift. Runaway not blatantly underpowered anymore. Changes that make more skills more worthwhile on every class. They've stepped it up the last month.

You still have to craft traps and defense monsters, but at least they have a set of basic monsters you can buy in the shop now. Probably not enough to fit out a level 30 castle on their own though.

Still a ways to go, and I haven't done much other than checking in on it every few weeks, but I think they're at least getting on the right track now with regards to fixing balance issues.

I'm going to tinker around with it again for a bit I think. If anyone wants to maybe tinker with it again too, I am Suzera in game if you want to friend me.

Here's the post on totems (I can't find it on their site right now so here's the one on steam): http://steamcommunity.com/games/themightyquestforepicloot_official/announcements/detail/130924979443894402

Here's some recent balance changes to show that it is not insignificant balance changes being done either:

quote:

• Knight :
- Charge distance increased from 6m to 8m
- Lashing Flames increased 8m to 10m

• Archer :
- Volley damage reduced by -25%
- Volley Cast distance reduced from 17m to 10m

• Mage :
- Vortex Rift doesn’t deal damage anymore

• Runaway :
- Spin Spin Suger damage increased by 25%

quote:

RUNAWAY SKILLS
o Mosh Pit :
- Level 1 - Cooldown reduced from 13 to 10 sec, Mana Cost reduced from 40 to 30
and Max Health granted increased from 36% to 45%
- Level 2 - Cooldown reduced from 13 to 10 sec, Mana Cost reduced from 40 to 30
and Max Health granted increased from 50% to 66%

o Teen Spirit :
- Level 1 - Duration increased from 6 to 8 sec, Cooldown reduced from 14 to 12 sec
and Mana Cost reduced from 20 to 15
- Level 2 - Duration increased from 8 to 10 sec, Cooldown reduced from 14 to 12 sec
and Mana Cost reduced from 20 to 15

o Rebel Yell :
- Level 1 - Cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 sec and mana cost increased from 12 to 15
- Level 2 - Cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 sec and mana cost increased from 12 to 15
- Level 3 - Cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 sec and mana cost increased from 12 to 15

ARCHER SKILLS
o Volley :
- Level 1 - Damage reduced by 16%
- Level 2 - Damage reduced by 16%

o Roll :
- Level 1 - Cooldown increased from 2 to 4 sec
- Level 2 - Cooldown increased from 2 to 4 sec

o Spiral Shot :
- Level 1 - Cooldown increased from 2 to 4 sec
- Level 2 - Cooldown increased from 2 to 4 sec

Kylra fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 19, 2014

• Locked thread