Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I definitely have the issue more often on DC's app it seems. Getting from one issue to the next is a chore at times. And then sometimes if I have to kill it then it will forget that I've already read the issue I just finished. At least the Marvel one doesn't have that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

I definitely have the issue more often on DC's app it seems. Getting from one issue to the next is a chore at times. And then sometimes if I have to kill it then it will forget that I've already read the issue I just finished. At least the Marvel one doesn't have that problem.

I've been thinking about getting the DCUniverse app, but if it's even worse than Marvel Unlimited then I'm probably gonna wait.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I've been thinking about getting the DCUniverse app, but if it's even worse than Marvel Unlimited then I'm probably gonna wait.

There's things that are better. Being able to add custom reading lists is something I still can't believe marvel doesn't do.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vince MechMahon posted:

There's things that are better. Being able to add custom reading lists is something I still can't believe marvel doesn't do.

Oh poo poo, yeah, I've been saying Marvel needed that for like 5 years.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Oh poo poo, yeah, I've been saying Marvel needed that for like 5 years.

Neither app has the other thing I want, which is the ability to add an entire series, or even character/team, to my library and just have it all there. The fact that no official reader is nearly as good as YACReader is bonkers.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Comixology selling out old Star Wars comics quite cheap, can get some large selections if one is feeling nostaligic.

https://www.comixology.eu/comics-sale?list_id=37374

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 26, 2021

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Highly suggest the clone wars books. They were a very fun read.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
How are the Darth Vader books? I heard they were good

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OptimusShr posted:

How are the Darth Vader books? I heard they were good

Didn't Kieron Gillen do a chunk of them? He hasn't ever written a comic I hated.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I was about to recommend them too but it's not the Marvel Vader books looks like

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh is it all the old Dark Horse stuff?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

site posted:

I was about to recommend them too but it's not the Marvel Vader books looks like

Looks like they're on sale to me: https://www.comixology.co.uk/Star-W...XN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

I also quite liked the Dr Aphra comics which spin off from Vader.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

There's Marvel Star Wars and Marvel Star Wars Legends, two separate sales. The Darth Vader trades are listed in the first, at least in the US store.

Doctor Aphra's first series was really good, did her second series get better?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

bagrada posted:

There's Marvel Star Wars and Marvel Star Wars Legends, two separate sales. The Darth Vader trades are listed in the first, at least in the US store.

Doctor Aphra's first series was really good, did her second series get better?

Ah okay I didn't see them in that first link, in that case yes the gillen vader run, and the entirety of the first volume of aphra are worth a read. The second aphra series is pretty good so far but its only 9 issues in. Havent tried the post ep 5 Vader or mainline SW books yet though

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Heavy Metal Bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/heavy-metals-heaviest-metal-books

I haven't really read Heavy Metal, but it's not something I see come up for sale that often, so there's probably someone interested in it.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Marvel having Buy One Get One at comixology, which can be combined with sales on Black Widow and Exiles.

I rather liked the 2014 and 2016 run of Black Widow.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 10, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Has there been any word on DC Infinite opening up to countries outside the US? Last time I think DC said anything it was "summer 2021" and, well, here we are...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Has there been any word on DC Infinite opening up to countries outside the US? Last time I think DC said anything it was "summer 2021" and, well, here we are...

I suspect that may be why they're shutting down their branded Comixology app this month.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Humble Bundle have a couple of dozens of 2000AD books in one of their bundles, mostly Judge Dredd related stuff.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-perps-punks-partners-2000ad-books

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Is there any windows comic reading software that supports dual monitors? I have one monitor in portrait and it's great since I can just relax back and not get right up to my screen to read but of course on 2 page spreads it just sucks. If those kinds of pages opened up on my other monitor automatically that would be perfect. Hell, doesn't have to be automatic if there is a shortcut key.

I searched the thread but I didn't see this brought up in the past 2 years so I figured I'd ask if anything has changed.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Rincewinds posted:

Humble Bundle have a couple of dozens of 2000AD books in one of their bundles, mostly Judge Dredd related stuff.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-perps-punks-partners-2000ad-books

I picked this up and installed Perfect Viewer along with the Source Plug In, is there some way to sych reading location on multiple devices? I thought that I had seen that as one of the functions as I was looking into what reader app to use, but I can't figure out how to make it work. If it's not available with Perfect Viewer is there another Android reader that has that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

unl33t posted:

I picked this up and installed Perfect Viewer along with the Source Plug In, is there some way to sych reading location on multiple devices? I thought that I had seen that as one of the functions as I was looking into what reader app to use, but I can't figure out how to make it work. If it's not available with Perfect Viewer is there another Android reader that has that?

If you've got Windows 10 I use the Cover app and it works pretty well.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Medullah posted:

If you've got Windows 10 I use the Cover app and it works pretty well.

Thanks, but as I said I'm looking for something on Android so I can go from my tablet to phone and back again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

unl33t posted:

Thanks, but as I said I'm looking for something on Android so I can go from my tablet to phone and back again.

Oh sorry for some reason I missed that part.

Edit - I used to use Astonishing Comic Reader and really liked it, but I never tested the sync feature, but it should do what you want.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 4, 2021

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Rincewinds posted:

leaving it kinda late to mention since this only has 17 hours left, but for anyone that has bought the previous Dredd/2000AD bundles 31 of the books featured in the first two tiers are new inclusions that haven't been in either of the previous bundles

only saying this now because when i looked when it first went up it was like "this all is a lot of stuff i've already bought" but i bothered to double check today before it ends and yeah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Always good to check in near the end of a bundle you're iffy on, they often add new stuff to as it goes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Apple has conceded at least part of their anti-trust suit and will allow outside payment processors, so hopefully this means Comixology will go back to letting you buy comics in-app.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
DC finally has another good sale. Lots of TPBs for $2.99.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

hadji murad posted:

DC finally has another good sale. Lots of TPBs for $2.99.

Thanks for the heads up, I finally bought a bunch of lucifer and sandman. Of course I started my collection of both recently on a much worse sale but cest la vie

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
So looking at the DC sale I saw two versions of The Killing Joke (here and here)

What's the difference between them?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Looks like both have the new coloring. The second has bonus content and ~30 extra pages.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Comixology will be further merging with Amazon in the fall. Seems like the comiXology store will be replaced by buying through Amazon.

https://support.comixology.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407002667415

Hope it's not a poo poo show. I find it harder to find anything on Amazon these days.

EDIT: Quick look, seems like they group issues by series, which is nice, but you need to use the search to find anything and it doesn't segregate by title/issue/series and it includes Kindle items that match the search that are not comics.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 1, 2021

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Uthor posted:

Comixology will be further merging with Amazon in the fall. Seems like the comiXology store will be replaced by buying through Amazon.

https://support.comixology.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407002667415

Hope it's not a poo poo show. I find it harder to find anything on Amazon these days.

EDIT: Quick look, seems like they group issues by series, which is nice, but you need to use the search to find anything and it doesn't segregate by title/issue/series and it includes Kindle items that match the search that are not comics.

I hope that doesn't mean less sales. Plenty of times there has been on a sale on one site but not the other.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope Image, IDW, etc make their own apps. It'll be poo poo, but I'd rather deal with Amazon less at this point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

IUG posted:

I hope Image, IDW, etc make their own apps. It'll be poo poo, but I'd rather deal with Amazon less at this point.

Yeah, it'd be pretty easy to verify purchases to transfer stuff.

Little surprised Marvel disabled the ability to buy comics in Unlimited. Used to be when you hit the end of a what was available there for a still ongoing series you'd have a "buy" button for the next issue, now it just says "coming soon" and has a picture of the cover.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/LongTallJodie/status/1433153810684207107?s=19

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sigh. This is why people pirate poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Sigh. This is why people pirate poo poo.

Yeah, the key to defeating piracy is making paying money for something easier than pirating it. Not making it harder to legally buy poo poo and easily read it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yup there goes me buying on Comixology. I wonder if some creators are fleeing to substack because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

IUG posted:

Yup there goes me buying on Comixology. I wonder if some creators are fleeing to substack because of this.

Probably not. If they were publishing through Image, sales on Comixolgy was Image's headache, not the creators.