Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
New Marvel app is so much better, except that I can't find a way to read landscape and fit 1 page to width, or pinch to zoom, meaning I have to read portrait instead, which isn't as comfortable for me, so despite all the actual improvements, this is actually worse for me :,(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

gfanikf posted:

You know the Marvel Unlimited app is a crapton better now, my only real issue with it now is a i wish that it wouldn't occasionally chop off text and and images sometimes on the older comics (newer ones really don't have the issue). Truthfully it's not that better and the app (on the ipad and even Android) is a lot less crash happy now. I'd say this is finally the time for MU to shine.

It's certainly a lot better than it was on the iPad. There are still a few silly problems with it. I like to read single pages but holding the iPad landscape so the page is the width of the screen, but whenever you do turn it sideways it automatically switches to a two page, which is really annoying.

Also for some reason it seems to cut off a couple of cm from the right edge of the screen.

But yeah it's much better than it used to be.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

EC posted:

I was really liking Marvwl Unlimited until realizing they're missing like 50 issues of the New Mutants. :(

I'm worried I'm gonna run into a big whole in my Uncanny Xmen reread now.

I haven't looked at New Mutants, but a lot of the time it's just a case of the comics being sorted somewhere else. A few times I've been reading runs and come to gaps because they aren't organised well. Try searching by writer or different variations of the series title, you might be able to find them.

Marvel Unlimited manages to make up for having a pretty awesome service at a great price by having a few major problems with their UI.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Oh god yes please. The Dark Horse app is so hellish I haven't bought any DH stuff for years since going fully digital. Haven't tried the DH app for a long time now but it was just so confusing and useless I gave up on it.

I'm really looking forward to catching up on Hellboy.