Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What's Action Comics like, I seem to recall liking the first issue but I don't remember reading more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Spider-Island is on sale from 25 -> 4 dollars. Which for something like 18 issues is a steal. Even if it is primarily Slott. Although, I didn't mind it as it technically kick-starts Scarlet Spider and there are a few funny one liners.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If I buy the Shazam collection on comixology will I get that comic with the oft posted fist pump?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Valiant keeps putting their stuff on sale. I keep buying it for a buck a pop but i'm still not sure what issue I'm upto. :shrug:

It doesn't mark automatically the last issue you read does it?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

Amazing spiderman 1-67 is on sale today for 99 cents each. There is some amazing loving comics and it's hard to not just say buy them all.

With that $5 dollar card you get masterworks #1 for like 4 bucks, that's 1-10 + the 99c sale means I got the first 13 or so issues for 1 buck ninety.

:feelsgood:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I find it funny that you unlock volume 1 and 20 of the Walking Dead. Nice work, boys!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

Why? It the first one, and the latest one to be released. If they want new readera it's smart to go with recent issues.

Putting it way it makes perfect sense. I just assumed they'd made a mistake. :downs:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing Spider-Man sale on Comixology. I remember Nerd rage hitting critical mass around the Alpha period, if I wanted the full Alpha experience what issues do I need? 692-994?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SMP posted:

If I go into this knowing nothing about Spider-Man except what I know from the movies will I get it?

bobkatt013 posted:

Kaine is a clone a Peter Parker. He used to be a badguy but no he is going to live his life not being a badguy or hero.
Just read it, it's really good

That and he can turn invisible, talk to spiders and stab people with a stinger thingy. (As someone who started reading cold they were the three things I didn't know he could do)

But yeah it's great.

edit: Has anyone read the Black Bat? Looks kinda goofy fun.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 9, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My modest comic book collection contains every issue of Scarlet Spider.

Except like, the last Venom / Minimum Carnage Omega issues because gently caress that poo poo

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bendis drew a comic book? I never knew that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There's also a run of X-Men comics on sale by some nobody. Gee, I hate it when they put these stupid runs up that no one cares about.

If I bought them all would that be bad?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I recommenced the Delano stuff with Constantine hanging out with homeless people, being a dick to his friends, screwing prostitutes and hating on Thatcher.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

I can safely predict a huge Valiant sale.

I have so much valiant at $1 an issue I'm not sure what I'm up to. :negative:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zachack posted:

I agree that the first issue is good and shows a lot of promise. People should enjoy the first issue.

Can I then infer from this post that I won't enjoy the other issues?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Prophet is great, highly recommended.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Casyl posted:

Is there a way to get the free month to add to an existing sub?

Doesn't look like it i'm afraid.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

Avengers Under Siege 270-277

And while you're at it, #263 is the return of Jean Grey, and is the jumping off point for X-Factor which was a cool comic in my opinion.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you haven't red Red Son i'll recommend it because it's awesome as all hell.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And all you need to know about Inifinty is there are bad guys, they do bad things for a while, then the good guys win, also thanos is there and then thanos gets captured

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Say what you want about Civil War, the story. But I think those covers with the big blank spaces with CIVIL WAR on them looked pretty cool.

Disclosure: I'm probably bad at art things.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Does anyone not own like half the Valiant line by now?

hahah yep.

Rusty Kettle posted:

Whatever they are doing, it worked on me. After that xo manowar sale, I had to get myself up to date. With enough of these sales, I'll have everything Valiant put out.

Totally worth it though. Even the worst Valiant stuff is better than the average big two book. They know quality.

Agreed. Whenever there is a sale I just totally re-up another bunch of issues.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Herobear and the Kid is fan loving tastic if you are a human being who can understand joy.

But it's apparently on the KaBOOM! imprint and isn't on sale.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the Snyder's Batman run I read was really good, I don't know if that's like a common consensus or anything.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zachack posted:

I guess that's vaguely plausible but Amazon's website is incredibly poorly laid out to sell something with a release schedule like comics and I'd imagine overall sales would sharply decrease if Comixology went away. If anything I'd think they'd try to infect Comixology with more cross-media purchasing options.

"Want this in print? Follow this link to our Amazon page!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god I was so confused.

I bought Superman Doomed or whatever and what I've read seems pretty fun. I'm not a big superman guy or anything so take this with a grain of salt.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Is there anything here worth any interest? Or is this stuff as bad as its punch-line reputation? Didn't Bendis write some of this?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Uncanny X-Force Sale* on Comixology!!!

*does not include Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really really liked Fatale for what it is worth.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Part of me wants to check out some of that Dark Horse superhero stuff like X.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ultimate Spider-Man is Very Good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait is #13 the issue you get the end of if you go into the touching panels thread and ask for the "Sad superman dog thing" ?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is the n52 any good? I read a bit where she was dating a kid in a wheelchair and it seemed pretty cool.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
People are going to ask whether the boys is any good, and goddamn if I haven't read half the series and I'm not quite sure myself.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ninjak; Imperium

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also I wanna shout out The Valiant and Book of Death mini series because they were great, short, self contained stories that really kinda show off the universe in a cool way.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Uncanny X Force is one of the best marvel series in recent memory

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks DC!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I loved Fatale, how is The Fade Out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

N52 Harley Quinn #0-13
N52 Batgirl #0-40 (Burnside run starts at #35)
N52 Catwoman #0-40 (the good run starts at #35 as well)
Wonder Woman '87 (George Perez) #1-25
Vixen: Return of the Lion

Is that the Batgirl where she can't be gay and marry a girl?